• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People are definitely stupid, I also think they’re sheep too. Why would you be surprised? What did you expect him to do in the press conference? Start stripping naked and fight a journalist?
Supporting this club is anything but rational.

If you think otherwise, then it's you who isn't rational

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What's the point having size and strength if you dot have the balance to use it? Arteta and Santi also had football brains and knew where to be without the ball under a manager who didn't even coach it.

Positioning is One of Xhakas strengths ffs

We hold formation better when he plays

Heck even His fails atleast shows that he is at the right place!

Guendozi doesnt make Xhaka s mistakes because he is nowhere!

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Well no, I'm saying that this press conference isn't something to be exicted about it's par for the course. We need to see what happens on the pitch, Arsenal fans buy into PR comments and stuff too easily.

Look back at the summer when everyone was getting boners over Raul and co, couple months later after bad results he's a c*nt and a fraud and terrible at his job. People get too excited over words rather than actions.

I don't disagree with you in principle, I share the same reservations.

But, like I said its only a moment.

There's Big picture (the forest) and small picture (the tress), its ok to appreciate the tress.He carried himself well and answered all the questions as well as he could have been expected to, so at the very least we learned he's a sound communicator. That doesn't mean he'll be a great manager or even a decent manager. All it means is he carries himself extremely well.

Had he walked in fluffed his lines, not given a single positive answer and looked under prepared and out of his element, the reaction from the general fanbase would be markedly different.

He allayed some initial fears and won a bit time from some of the people who were sceptical of his appointment.

He has everything to prove and stated as much when he said he understands the fans that question his appointment. Of course he has to prove it on the pitch, that goes without saying.But of the thousands of little and big hurdles he will need to clear in order to have a successful career in management he cleared the first (communicating to the fans and media) convincingly.

That's all.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Positioning is One of Xhakas strengths ffs

We hold formation better when he plays

Heck even His fails atleast shows that he is at the right place!

Guendozi doesnt make Xhaka s mistakes because he is nowhere!

Wtf? He doesn't move because he cant, not because he is cutting off passing lanes. He is a coward in and out of possession.

Guendouzi doesn't have positional sense because he is a 20 year old who just wants to be on the ball.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wtf? He doesn't move because he cant, not because he is cutting off passing lanes. He is a coward in and out of possession.

Guendouzi doesn't have positional sense because he is a 20 year old who just wants to be on the ball.

Because haterz like you cry as soon as he tries something constructive and doesnt succeed

He gotta play simple because His midfield partners doesnt do their job and provides options!

Our longer range game gets hindered by Auba who can only run and Özil who gös down to get the ball too much

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
It might be a good thing that he's come mid season. Asses our players in the games left and sell the lot if they don't fit his philosophy. Which many won't I imagine given what Arteta wants from his players.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Arteta cuts an imposing figure in the stands, his stare is intense, loved his presser too, I think he could do something good with us..

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It will be interesting to see his first lineup. Ceballos should be back and judging from what he said in his press conference he’s going to give Özil a fair chance. There’s also the conundrum of the strikers. Does he play the goalscorer in Aubameyang who contributes nothing else or Lacazette who’ll be more involved in the play but with less of a goal threat.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think Arteta will have been encouraged by the work ethic showed by the team today - I saw a post saying that we weren't working hard enough which I thought was erroneous. This is one of our most hard-working displays this season IMO. I think he can do a lot with our younger players aswell. Both Saka and AMN showed more tenacity, particularly AMN who had an absolute mare at the same ground last season. He fought very hard today and clearly responded. There were moments of promise from the other youngsters aswell despite them not being as threatening, and I think Arteta will shape them well, as long as they display work-rate and willingness to learn. They must be brave for Arteta.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta in charge for our next game :drool:

EMPQcqGWwAABa9H.jpg

@GDeep™ and @American_Gooner joining forces for this great new era!

Reactions: A_G

dbig

Has his work cut out for him.

Senior players seem detached and disengaged from the club. Juniors lack experience and temperament.

A whole lot of rebuilding for him.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom