• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I get the feeling that we have been pressed to death by any team (including EL farmers and championship teams) we come up against. Like a trend that started aftet opposition realised that we are not the old arsenal and can be got at easily, without consequences

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
The only reason he looked good today was because Everton didn’t press us... like at all tbh. The moment we come up against a team that presses he'll be crap again. This was like his 2nd good game in a year or so & somehow his apologists are coming out again:lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He's shown time and time again against even mediocre teams he's a liability

His range of performances is too wide and also not good enough

You could at best get an 8/10 performance but at worst a 2/10

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Today was one of his better games, which isn't saying much to be honest. At least he didn't commit too many silly fouls or cost us the game somehow. He got in front of a couple of opposition passes and played fairly okay for parts of the game.

If you want to support Xhaka you have to live of scraps... and damn those crumbs were delicious...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I no longer care about him but he was actually quite good yesterday, perhaps because he wasn't tested that much.

That being said, a £17m offer for him should be accepted swiftly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Who do you think is better than Xhaka at Arsenal .
Ceballos on the ball and Torreira defensively. Xhaka was always asked to do both defending and playmaking role and his partners were always players that can do only one of those roles. In the end, we suffer either protecting the back four when Torreira is out or we struggle to raise the tempo when Torreira is next to him.

Jae

Credit where credit is due, was decent yesterday, compared to his usual level anyway.

Probably playing for that new Contract in Berlin :lol:

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I would like to say the opposite, but, Xhaka is better than Guendouzi in this moment.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

We need him.

We need to replace him as much as we need him.

He's important in our midfield, but he needs replacing. He was good in the second half yesterday, but too much has gone on and it's time to replace.

What we can't afford to do is sell him and not replace him, which I think we could do in Jan.

Token Yank

I prefer him over the other scrubs we have in midfield. But that doesn’t say much. He puts in a 8/10 performance or a 0/10. There really is no middle ground with him and that is the worrying part.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I prefer him over the other scrubs we have in midfield. But that doesn’t say much. He puts in a 8/10 performance or a 0/10. There really is no middle ground with him and that is the worrying part.
Really? I couldn’t disagree more. There is only middle ground with Xhaka. 6/10 every single game. Yesterday was one of his best games so 6.5/10

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Nope, he either has a 2/10 game or 6/10 game. Then we see the 6/10 game as good or decent one as we know that's the best he can do & his apologists arrive to claim it to be the greatest performance by a player ever

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Couldn't agree more. He's about as consistent as the UK weather.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
There should have been a concentrated effort to replace him but the board dilly dallying as usual. Once we move on from him our tean can finally improve our squad.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nope, he either has a 2/10 game or 6/10 game. Then we see the 6/10 game as good or decent one as we know that's the best he can do & his apologists arrive to claim it to be the greatest performance by a player ever
Spot on! His best is bang average!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Good player with some obvious weaknesses which make people think he's worse than he really is.

Exactly how I see it. His weaknesses would be nowhere near as big a problem if we had a physical CM beside him.

Like any DLP type he needs the right system and combination of players to get the best out of him, and he doesn't have that here. We either need to get that physical B2B or DM to play alongside either him or Guendouzi or just give up on the DLPs altogether and get in players to fit whichever formation and system Arteta wants to go with. No half measures.

Zen555

He said: “When I was going from Arsenal to City to start coaching in 2016 and we were looking in that position, Xhaka was one of the players on my list.

“That is how much I liked him. I was happy when Arsenal signed him because I thought he was going to be a terrific player.

Arteta confirmed he had held talks with Xhaka and added: “I spoke to him and told him how much I like him and what I expect from him. How important he is for the team.

Wenger, Emery, and now Arteta all rate Xhaka highly. At some point we have to think there must be more to it than what we see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom