• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Auba always had a tendency for trouble right, surprisingly he hasn't done anything crazy yet while here.

If he wants to bail, by all means let him go now and at least get a decent fee for him.

He didn't leave Dortmund on the best of terms. Critical of their version of Raul if I remember correctly.

Vibra

Established Member
By the time we're good again Auba might still be here but he won't be a top striker anymore, that's for sure. One day, not long from now, we're gonna have to replace him anyway, might as well get as much money as possible

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It wouldn't be good riddance, it would be goodbye and good luck. Our midfield and attack has been poverty bar Auba for too long. We need to rebuild and if Arteta can use the Auba money to get us playing expansive football, I'm all for it.

Last edited:

macka66

If reports are true then ship him off to Madrid. Get jovic + cash for Auba and then use that money to get Dominik Szoboszlai or Reiner.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Madrid have persisted with a footballing CF in Benzema for a very long time. I very much doubt they’ll go for a pacey poacher like Auba. If they had wanted him they’d have bought him off Dortmund when we did.

I’d keep him for this season for sure and see where he and the club are at in the summer. If he doesn’t extend at that point then we should very much sell him.

Zazu

Oh, we definitely need money from them for the rebuild. Wouldn't be against the rumoured swap between Auba & Jovic & cash. If Lacazette leaves, what about a more physical striker like Moussa Dembele, or even a chance on someone like Eduoard from Celtic?

Xhaka, Mhiki, Elneny would help fund a midfielder, 2 if Torreira is intent on leaving with them.

Edouard's an interesting one, think he has a really high ceiling and could flourish under a top manager.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'd rather Auba be kept around, he's a top class goalscorer, but if he doesn't buy into what Arteta is trying to do and acts like a diva, let him go, even if that has to be in January. Finish the season with Lacazette, get a new striker in the summer. Moussa Dembélé is a good shout, Lyon could be interested in a swap deal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It wouldn't be good riddance, it would be goodbye and good luck. Our midfield and attack has been poverty bar Auba for too long. We need to rebuild and if Arteta can use the Auba money to get us playing expensive football, I'm all for it.

This is my feeling as well. I've been a fan of Aubameyang for a long time, but Arsenal needs to start emulating what Liverpool has done and sell players while they still have value in order to rebuild. The sales of Suarez and Coutinho were instrumental in building the squad they have now, even while spending less than Arsenal has. Coutinho got them Van Dyke and Alisson, who were the last pieces to the puzzle. Meanwhile, they've found other relative bargains such as Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum and a stone cold bargain in Robertson.

I'd miss Aubameyang. When on form, he plays with such joy and it becomes infectious. But he'll be 31 at the start of next season and they risk keeping him too long. Even if he re-signs, his skills will be deteriorating. Better to cash in before next season and add to the transfer kitty.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is my feeling as well. I've been a fan of Aubameyang for a long time, but Arsenal needs to start emulating what Liverpool has done and sell players while they still have value in order to rebuild. The sales of Suarez and Coutinho were instrumental in building the squad they have now, even while spending less than Arsenal has. Coutinho got them Van Dyke and Alisson, who were the last pieces to the puzzle. Meanwhile, they've found other relative bargains such as Salah, Mane, Wijnaldum and a stone cold bargain in Robertson.

I'd miss Aubameyang. When on form, he plays with such joy and it becomes infectious. But he'll be 31 at the start of next season and they risk keeping him too long. Even if he re-signs, his skills will be deteriorating. Better to cash in before next season and add to the transfer kitty.

Yep. I'm very surprised if he renews. It will mean he got no offers from top teams who can win things when he is still on top himself.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
To be honest there's not 1 player you would class as anywhere near irreplaceable. Auba is probably the closest to it but we've lost better & survived. I hope most do want out as a clear out needs to happen & hopefully it makes it easier to move them on instead of staying on their cushty inflatated contracts.

Closest we have is Leno, based on our history with difficulty finding keepers I would say he is most valuable too us, its a ball ache finding a decent keeper and definitely not a position we need to address.

Auba wanted to bail at Dortmund, all the others who want to abandon ship have come from far worse :lol:, its also kind of insane if they think they can do better, majority of them will make sideways moves at best, the amount we paying some of these ****** too they should probably just be quiet o_O

WiscoGooner8

B

Bingo. Part of being a top club is selling a player at or near their max value. If I see us lose another 40-70 mil by letting a player run down their contract idk what I’ll do...

Gio Sp

let's see how it goes with Arteta first. I mean a lot of bad rotation is happening. We spent so much $$ for Pepe to see him sitting on the bench (I'd rather get Zaha instead of Pepe to be honest , cause he has more PL experience) and Laca too.. Let's hope Arteta uses our players more wisely. If these guys are unable to fit , well , just sell them.

baccy_man

Established Member
If our defence and midfield players had played the ball out much quicker instead of passing the ball all around the defence and the same when the ball got to midfield Auba could have had amazing goal and assist figures,
We have been to slow too get the ball forward for a long time.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We'll easily get more than 30m for him.

This guy has 13 in 19 for the worst arsenal team in the last 20 years.

Wrong side of 30, fairly short time on the contract left, player want out...I don't know. Those are not things that are in our favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom