• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
To be honest, he and his camp should be sued for what it seems like an intentional move to cut out one of the markets in China.

One less buyer (a grand market in this case) and it drives his price down thus hurting the parent club. as an employee of AFC and a public figure, his public statements should be in line with the club's or at least should be agreed with the club's PR team;

Such a dirty tactic, they are just forcing us to pay up his contract or make it impossible to shift him so he can pocket the remaining term of his contract by playing fortnight and hanging out with Erdogan.

This is a bit 'tin foil hat' isnt it?

Özil could just refuse the move if an offer came in, there is a lot wrong with the Özil saga but this is making up problems out of nothing.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
To be honest, he and his camp should be sued for what it seems like an intentional move to cut out one of the markets in China.

One less buyer (a grand market in this case) and it drives his price down thus hurting the parent club. as an employee of AFC and a public figure, his public statements should be in line with the club's or at least should be agreed with the club's PR team;

Such a dirty tactic, they are just forcing us to pay up his contract or make it impossible to shift him so he can pocket the remaining term of his contract by playing fortnight and hanging out with Erdogan.
I don't think this is right, he just doing his hypocritical best to follow the line of his dictator bum buddy. Erdogan is famed for human rights violations and would do the same to ethnic minorities in Turkey (and worse if he could get away with it).
I don't think he would move to China as his ego wouldn't allow it, nothing to do with contracts. The Arsenal boardroom braintrust should really get together in all this and find some imaginitive ways to shift him off the books, breach of contract perhaps as surely bringing the club into disrepute and losing them money the way Özil has is written in somewhere? Either that or just loan him off somewhere and pay part of his wages. There are ways and means of getting this clown out and we don't need the Chinese to do it.

Last edited:

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Yeah, I just don't think any of our current mids are very good going forward though. We need more offence from the midfielders. Maybe Ceballos under Arteta can show more there than he has, we'll have to see.
Özil has caused plenty of offense, just not in the way Arsenal fans would have wanted. Ceballos has hardly played, not convinced so far but he does at least retain the ability to evade and manoeuvre away from defenders, something sorely lacking in a lot of our other players in the middle.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
This is a bit 'tin foil hat' isnt it?

Özil could just refuse the move if an offer came in, there is a lot wrong with the Özil saga but this is making up problems out of nothing.

Ok, it's a bit out there, but of course you can't force someone to move while they are on a contract, much less make them go to a league they don't want to move.
but an open statement like that and in-your-face evidence that one major market (outside of Europe or MLS) that drops out surely kills all the negotiation upperhand that we might have had.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Özil is still a 30m player. Why the hell should we be giving him away on loan and subsidising his wages?

It should be loan with option to buy or a very low fee (I.e. 5m) and the other club sort out his signing on fee and salary.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What do you mean 3 managers?

Lmao. As if Wenger didn't get the best of him.

Bumnai destroyed everything at this club, not only Özil. Getting outshot and outplayed by bum teams.

Who's the 3rd manager? Wait, are you counting Ljungberg? :lol:

The best season of his career he had with Wenger.

TheEconomist

Established Member
If anyone was willing to take this guy on a free and take on his wages we would have taken the money and run by now.

Hopefully there's a club out there who are going through a crisis that we can trick into taking Özil to appease their fans

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We hear that every summer but Ali Koc (Fenerbache) president said many
times they can't afford Özil.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If I was Özil I'd take a wage cut to go to Turkey. Firstly he'd be treated like a God over there, he'd have a great time. Secondly it would be great for the 'MO10' brand he's trying to develop. He could probably earn much more in merch and commercial deals over there than he could in wages sitting on the bench in London.

If he sits on the bench for another year he's in danger of taking the shine off his brand, which might threaten him financially in the long-term.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yes but mean we'll have to wait another year and i don't want that
Im sure we would be over the moon to let Özil leave on a free transfer even now. The issue is he's loving that £17m a year and would rather leech that off us sitting in the reserves than to get some more football before he retires.

I personally would pay half his wages for the year just to get him out. We need a cleansing in the wage bill and dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom