• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Koulibaly would be amazing signing at this stage.

It'll cost us too much money

A young player who cost £60m can be considered cheap. Because in a few years time, if he performs well, we can sell him for £120m, and we can sell him at original cost even if he turns out to be average.

An old player that cost £15m is expensive because his ability is on the decline and most often you sell him at a much lower price in a few years time. We shouldn’t waste time on players older than 26.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
A young player who cost £60m can be considered cheap. Because in a few years time, if he performs well, we can sell him for £120m, and we can sell him at original cost even if he turns out to be average.

An old player that cost £15m is expensive because his ability is on the decline and most often you sell him at a much lower price in a few years time. We shouldn’t waste time on players older than 26.
Winning the PL is more valuable than 20 mil loss om a player. Champions league too(top4)

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Winning the PL is more valuable than 20 mil loss om a player. Champions league too(top4)
So you are saying getting amazing young talents like Aouar and Tonali instead of getting old players with the EXACT SAME ability will not get us winning the PL?

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
So you are saying getting amazing young talents like Aouar and Tonali instead of getting old players with the EXACT SAME ability will not get us winning the PL?
No situation has ever been like the one you presuming exists. Tell me with who is 21 that we can afford thats as good as mane, bruyne, salah etc. There are no kids that are world class with few exceptions, and those cost 150mil or more. Jao Felix 150mil~. Value for money? Won't sell him this summer for that price.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You want us to sign 11 players in January and sell 11..? o_O
Not all in January. In a few windows.
It’s a list to choose from.
I agree with you. We need to rebuild and these are what we needed:

In:

Gouiri, Reinier Jesus, Chukwueze, Szoboszlai, Aouar, Ndidi, Tonali, Upamecano, Saliba, Bellanova, Plizzari

Out:

Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah, Mkhitaryan, Özil, Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi, Mavropanos, Luiz, Martinez
For example, if Arteta wants 2 central midfielders and 1 centre back in January, then I would suggest to sign Ndidi, Tonali and Upamecano. You get the idea?

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
No situation has ever been like the one you presuming exists. Tell me with who is 21 that we can afford thats as good as mane, bruyne, salah etc. There are no kids that are world class with few exceptions, and those cost 150mil or more. Jao Felix 150mil~. Value for money? Won't sell him this summer for that price.
It’s like Mbappe and Neymar. One 21 and one 28. Both world class, both top dribblers, both skillful, both scores a lot and both are expensive. Who will you choose to buy?

The list that I posted are amazing world class young talents who are already performing at a top level.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It’s like Mbappe and Neymar. One 21 and one 28. Both world class, both top dribblers, both skillful, both scores a lot and both are expensive. Who will you choose to buy?

The list that I posted are amazing world class young talents who are already performing at a top level.

Ahhhhh you're the 'list' guy arent you :lol:

Comes on here every few months with a new and updated list of players you like on Football Manager and Fifa then proceeds to spam it in every thread, which players didnt make it from the previous list?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ahhhhh you're the 'list' guy arent you :lol:

Comes on here every few months with a new and updated list of players you like on Football Manager and Fifa then proceeds to spam it in every thread, which players didnt make it from the previous list?
I never based these on gaming, I’m sure some of the players on the list has sh** ratings in game. Who the f*** would look at the numbers in a game and say someone is good or not good enough in real live? And I haven’t been playing football games for a good few years now. How would I know which young players are good in the game?

I actually watch them on livestream to play to see if they are talented and suits our teams playing style. There are a lot of international u21 and u23 tournament broadcast where you can watch and discover young talents. YouTube is also a place where you can watch videos to see some of the best talents in the world.

Just why can’t you take away your bias and look at the actual content to see if the list of players are actually world class talents that will turn out to be great signings?

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I first heard of Hleb through Championship Manager, then he became one of my favourite Arsenal players in real life when we signed him...felt like I had kind of signed him myself :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I first heard of Hleb through Championship Manager, then he became one of my favourite Arsenal players in real life when we signed him...felt like I had kind of signed him myself :lol:
Talking about Arsenal players, I was once watching Nasri on TV (u21 or u23 France team) in an international match. I immediately knew what a big talent he was. He was 16 at the time and valued at around £5m. Arsenal finally signed him for £17m when he was 21 and I was so happy about that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Talking about Arsenal players, I was once watching Nasri on TV (u21 or u23 France team) in an international match. I immediately knew what a big talent he was. He was 16 at the time and valued at around £5m. Arsenal finally signed him for £17m when he was 21 and I was so happy about that.

Reyes was my guy...remember him ripping Real Madrid apart in 2003, then a few months later we signed him, was so happy with that transfer.

Sydney-Gooner

Koulibaly is a wish list level signing. Potential VvD level linchpin in defence. Can't believe people would turn down the chance of signing him for anything less than £60 million.

Anything more and I get the arguments that it's probably too much for somebody his age.

Underhill

Koulibaly is a wish list level signing. Potential VvD level linchpin in defence. Can't believe people would turn down the chance of signing him for anything less than £60 million.

Anything more and I get the arguments that it's probably too much for somebody his age.
Why would the valuation have dropped from 100 to <60?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Joao Felix is a bit overrated I would say. He won’t be able to do what he does now in the PL. Because he won’t have that extra half second he usually needed to adjust when controlling the ball. The distance he kept with opponent when dribbling is always too close so the opponent can get physical on him. His team play is good but not the best.

I would say Moussa Dembele, Timo Werner and Gouiri are very top young talents who can make it in the PL.
But with Arteta style, I think he would go for a False 9 kind of approach, which Gouiri would suits better as his teamwork play is the best out of the 3.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I don't think we should put big money on ANYONE who is not capable of playing for a title winning team in 3-5 years. It would be a waste.

Koulibaly will turn 29 in June, not 34. He has at least four-five years of world class play in him. Center-backs last longer than any position on the pitch except for goalkeeper.

You still need some experienced leaders on the team even if you are rebuilding with youngsters. Center-back is a position where experience can help immensely. If Koulibaly becomes available, you take him and run.

Divided_Pie

I don't think we should put big money on ANYONE who is not capable of playing for a title winning team in 3-5 years. It would be a waste.
Koulibaly would be 32 in his 5th year here if we signed him in January. We would have him for his prime years as a defender. Koscielny was 34 in his last year at Arsenal and was arguably still our best defender when fit. Koulibaly has missed only 7 games over six seasons with Napoli due to injury.

Unbelievable that people on here would turn their noses up at Koulibaly because he's "too old" as a 28-year old center half. He is precisely the kind of player we've been screaming for for years. He and Saliba together would transform the team. This f*cking place.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If you wouldn't take Koulibaly for say Kolasinac and £40M then you are broken. Top tier defender, man is levels. We'd get at least 3 years out of him at the highest level, the cost is then instantly negated by CL football money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom