• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I've always liked him but he's been played out of position for so long that I've wondered if he was ever going to kick on here where he's suited. Looks like Arteta found a way to have him play where he prefers while also covering up for injuries. I have a bit of a soft spot for him for whatever reason.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
His composure is still there which i love but his aggression and urgency has improved a lot after only 3 days of coaching. The midfield position he has been occupying while in possession suits him a lot and would love for him to grow a bit physically to impose himself more.

Great signs from him today.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Starting to assert himself at last. Tucked in on the ball and looked miles better in possession, almost like a pseudo-CM role. Used his athleticism much more aswell in defense, only really got burned once by King who's pretty quick. Overall, he kept himself involved in the game which gave him no time to switch off.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I love having fullbacks drop in the centre just to get my man AMN to finally have some minutes in his best position.

Feel like AMN and Saka will benefit greatly from that system, unfortunately Saka overhit most of his crosses today, but it's not that worrying to see him having varying performances considering his age.

I know some rate Reiss highly and I think there's a player in there, but it just feels to me Arteta isn't doing himself any favors by keeping a ready-made player out to build Reiss up when we are desperate for some points

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Dont wanna jinx it but if he is finally coming out of his shell we are in for a treat.
He’s always been a quality football player, it’s just his lapses in concentration what let him down. He’s good on the ball, got great athleticism and he’s got a tackle on him. Really hope he comes good. I know he’s got a lot of haters on here, but he’s 1 of my favourite players in the squad. I like how Arteta has him tucking into the CM role at times also.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Solid game and solid game vs Everton but he loves to dive into tackles which he knows he probably can’t get them. It’s lazy defending.

When you do that 1on1 with a winger with no backup you’re basically giving him a run at your box to shoot or pick someone out.

cannonade

Established Member
Xhaka’s got to go, obviously; maybe its getting to be time to return AMN to his defensive midfielder role. He’s athletic, competitive, has an engine, and strong on the ball. Tired of the dross we have in the center of the park. Let Bellerin and Chambers handle RB.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure we can rely too much on Hector. He seems to have lost some pace since his injury, and I suspect he'll get more and more injury prone.

Chambers' future is probably more as a central defender rather than as a fullback.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If he can sort out his concentration and accept his role he should be useful long term. Looks like Arteta is giving the fullbacks a more dynamic role which hopefully should make him feel more important in our game.

Sydney-Gooner

Honestly don’t think there is much between Bellerin and AMN, mainly due to Bellerin being unable to kick on and become a top RB.

Think next season is last chance saloon for Bellerin. AMN isn't the answer though. Hope we're looking at Aarons, Atal, Celik etc.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Honestly some of these players just need coaching. Imagine having Emery as your manager as a young player and just not understanding what he wants from you and then getting slaughtered whenever you're incapable of carrying out the instructions.

How you holding up after last night mate?

nick gould

Good to see that he is getting the love in here at last. I love some of the natural attributes he has, pace, stamina. However, I feel that he is too easy to beat one v one. His body shape/stance is too square. He needs to be on the half turn and show opponents to one side. I am glad that Arteta has got him tucking into mid like the great Philip Lahm. That helps to stop us getting counter attacked and also makes their runs forward unpredictable.

say yes

forum master baiter
Honestly don’t think there is much between Bellerin and AMN, mainly due to Bellerin being unable to kick on and become a top RB.
AMN’s positioning isn’t great when forced to defend. Was horribly exposed against Hazard in the Europa final.

If he can sort that out though then I’d agree with you. He’s certainly making it an interesting contest with his recent form.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I've always liked him but he's been played out of position for so long that I've wondered if he was ever going to kick on here where he's suited. Looks like Arteta found a way to have him play where he prefers while also covering up for injuries. I have a bit of a soft spot for him for whatever reason.

People keep saying this but I just don't think it's true. AMN isn't a "natural CM" and has never looked like being one at this level. He has, however, put in quite a few good performances as a RB and his attributes clearly suit that position more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom