• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The point about Arteta's inexperience is a perfectly fair point to make.

Every appointment is a calculated risk.

Reactions: CJJ

nick gould

Good response to getting a new manager. I loved the energy in the first half. Even Özil was willing to work for Arteta. If his man management skills are as good as they say, we will struggle to get him to renew a contract with us. There was a time under Unai when we won some games but I would still feel deflated. It wasn't the case today even though we only managed a draw.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Some promising signs and I will back Arsenal head coach always for sure.

No one can do miracles with some of this lot and a lot of it is because they have lost their confidence.

It can and will improve because these aren't still some pub footballers.

drippin

What sexy man heavy raining hair still perfect

Is this some kind of admiration of using gel or what don't I understand? Or that it is so short?

It's all good as I have very similar hair, although curly, just wondering? Never used gel though.

Last edited:

drippin

Cannot believe how bad the situation has become that he's thrown into now.
Especially in regard to the timing of our matches as the cherry on top.

You cannot get a much bigger challenge than that. It could break almost any top manager.

Do you remember what were Emery's first games? Which he lost, but should've won Chelsea with those goal chances.

Last edited:

drippin

I hope you guys give him more support from the beginning than Emery. He is better looking so we have some hope. Wenger was good looking so I understand.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
As usual alot of People are saying arteta made a difference in players. Imo its to early to tell. I will wait one to three months to give a verdict. Looked alot better today imo, but it's one game. Vs Bournemouth no less. Too early to call any truths. Good game from. The players. Good intensity and focus, something we hav been lacking though.

Wryer

Positives:

1. In 3 training sessions, he has introduced new/refreshed tactical roles to AMN and Torreira. Both of them also did well in what they were asked to do. I like how we always looked to have more men in midfield than previously.

2. Whipped in some confidence, and tempo into the likes of Özil, Xhaka, Sokratis, Auba. Whether it's flash in the pan or sustainable, time will tell. Overall I liked how he managed to get players to try do what they do best, respectively.

3. Very active on the touch line. I liked how he continued to give individual instructions even at the tail end of the game. Emery often just told his arms and wince. Body language.

4. Perhaps room to be optimistic about what the real first team defenders could do. I think Tierney and Kola would thrive in this set up where we overload the right side of midfield (due to the AMN role), which would free up space on the left as the opposing midfield shifts.

Negatives:

1. The young ones like Saka and Nelson seems a little overwhelmed. Not sure whether it's because of the changes Arteta brought, or the anxiety to impress the new boss. They were all over the place, and with pretty negative body language.

2. Subs were a little late. Pepe could have been brought on for Nelson a little sooner give the ineffective game. One needed the confidence, and the other needed a break from a disappointing game.

Overall, I think the immediate impact from Arteta was far more defined than Emery's. That's as far as I would put it. Time will tell. Looking good in game 1.

Goonerozil33

Loved the structure and fluidity in our play. We never looked laboured in possession during the match. The key is that every player ran their socks off. I doubt that is something they will be able to replicate after a few weeks. You could see that Auba and Özil were not able to cope with the increased intensity. We need to buy younger players who could play with intensity during next summer. Make no mistake about it, there will be some drop in the work rate towards the end of the season. And it's possible there will be a thrashing from a team in an away match.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Loved the structure and fluidity in our play. We never looked laboured in possession during the match. The key is that every player ran their socks off. I doubt that is something they will be able to replicate after a few weeks. You could see that Auba and Özil were not able to cope with the increased intensity. We need to buy younger players who could play with intensity during next summer. Make no mistake about it, there will be some drop in the work rate towards the end of the season. And it's possible there will be a thrashing from a team in an away match.
Seems we just need to work on fitness more

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Love how they all say Carlo is proven, when was the last time he built a team up, rather than making a good one great...which is what we need!

Plus, why is Hugh always so easy to wind up :lol:

Hugh must have some sort of mental disability, he’s so jittery, bi-polar and emotional. What a strange man.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our best league performance this season.

We cut Bournemouth open at will, especially in the first half.

If we had more first teamers available, especially our full back, we'd probably have won this game. I liked what I saw. The intensity with which we played is what I haven't seen for quite some time.

Individual mistakes ****ed us again.

This game also showed that our academy players are not of the required level to start PL games...yet.

Can't wait for Kolasinac to come back. I don't know why e gets a lot of hate. If he was playing that game yesterday, we'd probably have won it. Saka had a chance to put in some quality balls, but his delivery was shocking.

But that being said, although we drew, but the positives far outweighed the negatives.
With a good transfer window, we'd make top 3 easily next season. We'd probably even challenge for the title within 3 years. The signs are there.

I just hope AFTV doesn't jump on his back

roz

Fake News Merchant
Shout out to all those who wanted Brendan Rodgers to replace Emery.
4-0 after Liverpool had to travel to Qatar to play a couple of games, he might well be a decent coach but if he cant get a result against pool in those conditions then he aint never going to.

Arteta is THE guy for us. Give him time and get behind the team.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As much as it was promising. He really needs to find a way to get Pepe into the team. He draws players towards him and creates space for others to exploit. Özil had a good first half but Bournemouth easily scored locked that off in the second half. We should be investing our time in developing Pepe.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I hope you guys give him more support from the beginning than Emery. He is better looking so we have some hope. Wenger was good looking so I understand.
Emery got an appropriate amount of support for his time here, people turned on him when it was the correct time.

Not addressed to you drippin but on this forum probably only a couple of posters going full negative on Arteta I don't see him not having support from Arsenal fans.

Top Bottom