• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
There were quite a few positives. Certainly more positives than negatives. Here’s my little breakdown;

Positives:
- Tactical tweaks. AMN and Saka playing in field, creating overloads in the middle. Torreira finding Özil between the lines. Quicker passing, more movement, more one touch football. I liked our corners too, no unnecessarily short taken ones, good old fashioned in swingers. I’m sure our set plays will get more exciting as time goes on.

-The response to going a goal down. I was worried if we conceded after controlling the game our heads would’ve dropped. In fairness to the boys they responded well and got back into the game.

-The commitment and attitude. The lads worked their socks off and looked ready to make amends. I liked how quickly we looked to win the ball back when we lost it. Torreira was key to that btw, he broke up multiple Bournemouth attacks all on his own.

-Bernd Leno is ****ing fantastic. What a goalkeeper.

Negatives:
-Wastefulness. Our final ball was poor, crossing, shooting, all poor. We got ourselves in such good positions and ruined them all with poor decision making or execution. Needs to improve.

-The Auba and Laca experiment. I’m still willing to give them a couple more games but their chemistry on the pitch still isn’t there IMO. It’s weird because every time Auba or Laca **** up I can’t help but feel how the outcome would’ve been had it been the other way round.

-Injuries. I know this isn’t really a negative per say but it’s so frustrating that we find ourselves with no fit full backs. I’m hoping Ceballos, Bellerin and Marintelli shake off their injuries in time for Chelski. We need every bit of our squad.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Positives: Hadn't seen us dominate a team like that in what feels like years.

Negative: It was Bournemouth and they are in an absolute rut of form too, so it's hard to say if it was the Arteta effect or we just came upon the one team in a worse place than us.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
What would it take for someone to get a permanent ban around here btw? I thought wishing death on a player would definitely get you kicked out of here

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He’d only have to copy one of Pep’s FM saves to do that.

How did you enjoy Emery’s modern tactics and beautiful football the last couple of months btw?
Didn’t watch football for the last few months.

I did made analysis of our former manager on what he did well and what he hasn’t done so well. And obviously he failed to deliver what he tactically wants to achieve.

But one thing to note is that under emery, we did change from a team that played no tactics, to a team that is used to receiving detailed planed tactical instructions, regardless if the tactics is good or bad. And he uses more video analysis to analyse the players and opponent. That would build a good foundation for a modern coach like Arteta to work on. Even Arteta once said he was surprised with the change at the Club, and he said that in the video analysis room.

And I havent play football games for a good 3-4 years, don’t really have time. Rather spend my time analysing real matches.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
What would it take for someone to get a permanent ban around here btw? I thought wishing death on a player would definitely get you kicked out of here
I didn’t say I wish it at all, didn’t you see the wordings of my post?

I said if that really happened, the club wouldn’t have to pay the rest of the wage of his remaining contract.

(And if that didn’t happened, the club will have to pay the rest of the wage of his remaining contract.)

It’s just a statement of fact.

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Positives: Hadn't seen us dominate a team like that in what feels like years.

Negative: It was Bournemouth and they are in an absolute rut of form too, so it's hard to say if it was the Arteta effect or we just came upon the one team in a worse place than us.
The 2nd worst team in the league did this to us not too long ago so is it really a negative :lol:?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He’d only have to copy one of Pep’s FM saves to do that.

How did you enjoy Emery’s modern tactics and beautiful football the last couple of months btw?
You have to understand that tactics in football game is not very realistic. And Guardiola is so much more than that.

Arteta needed that good few years to learn off him. To learn about his philosophy, tactical plans, individual players instructions, in match tactical adjustment, training methods, video/stats analysis skills on players/teams strengths/weaknesses.....

I’m a big fan of Guardiola, and I’m relieved that after seeing the first match, seems like Arteta is more pro Guardiola, rather than Wenger (no detailed tactics, just set a general philosophy and give players freedom) or Moyes (f**king defensive and boring).

Last edited:

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I said if that really happened, the club wouldn’t have to pay the rest of the wage of his remaining contract.

Tasteless though and open to interpretation. Can you make points in other ways going forward, thanks

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Poor old Pepe, probably one of the reasons he can't get many starts, he seems to get a bad challenge on him every match, that was a bad challenge on him yesterday by Bournemouth aswell. Too many bumps & bruises to start.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

..all the Arteta fanboys are Ian Holloway, when big Mikel gets his first win at the Emirates on Sunday!

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
City spent 500 million to get their team competing the way it is.

I’m positive but realistic about been able to replica anything near what pep achieved.

Huge difference in clubs.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

(And if that didn’t happened, the club will have to pay the rest of the wage of his remaining contract.)

It’s just a statement of fact.
If you got struck by lightning right now I wouldn’t have to read your disgusting way of defending your comment.

Not saying I hope you get struck by lightning.

Just a statement of fact.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom