• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Often he’ll drift centrally playing off Simeone’s front two and make it a narrow 4-3-3. He clearly feels comfortable on the byline because when he drifts inside he tends to struggle a lot.

As you say it’s a rigid system but I think the club expected another Griezmann who could press from the left side of a four and drift up front narrowly but that’s just not his game at all.

Think there’s a narrow scope to his game which he’s good at and that doesn’t fit Atletico at all.

I do think there is a huge difference in drifting inside from wide position and actually playing inside from the start, plus the whole football system Diego is playing.
that said, am not saying he would do great as inside player as I haven't seen him there tons.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure if it's been posted but this seems like bullshit to me

GDeep™

League is very weak
Laurens making a nothing story. We know Arteta liked Xhaka at one point and we know most managers want the balance of left footed players.

Doesn’t mean Arteta will fight to keep Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Whole ESPN staff are not worthy listening too apart from gab Marcotti and he not talk about transfers

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Which is what I'm saying... That's his long list of accomplishments and that's who we put in charge, rather than someone who has a better rep of finding gems!!

Dortmund moved to a model of finding gems and selling at the right time for profit. Whereas we seem to drifting with no form of a plan insight other than make CL buying mid/high level players with little resale value.

We have a proper coach now, so would love to have seen that with a Sven type leading the recruitment...

Just because you haven't heard of someone doesn't mean they don't have an excellent reputation for finding "gems" in the business. If it weren't for Cagigao, Arsenal would not have had Cazorla. Bellerin was one of his finds. Jose Antonio Reyes. He was the one who found Martinelli for Arsenal, not Edu. And if not for a technicality, he might have been the one responsible for Messi at Arsenal. He was the first European scout on Messi in Barcelona's youth system.

Other clubs have tried to hire Cagigao away from Arsenal and some fairly big clubs in Spain have seen him as a potential director of football. Arsène Wenger trusted him implicitly. He may not get the press coverage of a Sven Mislintat because Cagigao prefers to work behind the scenes, but in the industry he's every bit as well-respected as a scout.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Laurens making a nothing story. We know Arteta liked Xhaka at one point and we know most managers want the balance of left footed players.

Doesn’t mean Arteta will fight to keep Xhaka.
Everything Arteta has said recently is damage limitation. What manager with more than half a brain cell comes in a tries to drive down the players value even more than the player has done himself, when we're in negotiations and need funds to buy players? Desperate stuff from Arteta, but it needs to be done.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His options are Torreira, Willock, Ceballos and Guendouzi if Xhaka leaves. Obviously he will try and keep him. However I am kind of happy about Xhaka forcing the issue. It means we have to act and buy or loan.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
For Arsenal measures a relatively quiet couple of days just before the transfer window opening, isn't it ?

Haven't heared about many players 'supposedly' being eyed, liked, preparing interest for or something.

sykesy69

Just because you haven't heard of someone doesn't mean they don't have an excellent reputation for finding "gems" in the business. If it weren't for Cagigao, Arsenal would not have had Cazorla. Bellerin was one of his finds. Jose Antonio Reyes. He was the one who found Martinelli for Arsenal, not Edu. And if not for a technicality, he might have been the one responsible for Messi at Arsenal. He was the first European scout on Messi in Barcelona's youth system.

Other clubs have tried to hire Cagigao away from Arsenal and some fairly big clubs in Spain have seen him as a potential director of football. Arsène Wenger trusted him implicitly. He may not get the press coverage of a Sven Mislintat because Cagigao prefers to work behind the scenes, but in the industry he's every bit as well-respected as a scout.
Who says I haven't heard of him? So he knows a bit about the Spain market... Time will tell, Sven was clearly brought in above him for a reason.

A lot of people are over enthused by Martinelli, he has desire, work rate and an eye for goal for sure. I'm only cautiously optimistic about him, especially in what he calls his favourite position. Plays too much with his head down and not quite sure if technically he is suited to that position, but he's young and has room to grow I guess.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

How's Rugani doing, seems like he's barely played for Juve. Reckon he would've been a much better bit of business than Luiz.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Who says I haven't heard of him? So he knows a bit about the Spain market... Time will tell, Sven was clearly brought in above him for a reason.

A lot of people are over enthused by Martinelli, he has desire, work rate and an eye for goal for sure. I'm only cautiously optimistic about him, especially in what he calls his favourite position. Plays too much with his head down and not quite sure if technically he is suited to that position, but he's young and has room to grow I guess.

When your job is to scout a certain region, obviously that's where you'll find the most players. That said, he found Martinelli. I've also read that it was Cagigao who recommended Robin Van Persie to Wenger. Just because your job has been to cover a certain area doesn't mean you're incapable of finding players elsewhere once your job expands.

My point is that Cagigao may not have the press credentials that Sven Mislintat enjoys, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of doing just as good a job -- or maybe better within the Arsenal setup that has emerged. Remember, it was Gazidis who hired Sven. Once Ivan was gone, Sven obviously wasn't on board with what was happening. So while he has a "bigger name," it doesn't necessarily make him a better fit going forward.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
One simple question with a difficult answer:

Is Upamecano that good? I am not so sure to be honest! Just think about it this way. Why should a good player prefer Arsenal over others? We can only attract young talents Luke Martinely or Geounduzi. Whenever we pay +30 for a player, it doesn't end very well: Xhaka, Mustafai, somehow Laca, and sadly Pepe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom