• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Solid game if you forget about his crossing today, same goes for Saka.
I still think it would be better if he gets last 20 min for the next 10 games than being a starter. After that, he will run with the ball with full confidence and that's something worth waiting for.
Yeah i was pleasantly surprised he started but it probably should have been Pepe. Maybe Nelson is responding to Artetas tactics in training, who knows.

I'm fine with Nelson getting cameos off the bench for now but I would be more than happy to see him start again, hopefully from the left next game.

Symbia

I know it's too early to write him off but I seriously doubt he will make it at Arsenal, based on his performances in first team for sometime now.

He's clearly a few levels below Arsenal standard, ie, if this is still a thing now.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don’t understand the hate Nelson got today. My dad sitting next to me and my Arsenal group chat were saying the same ****, that he was terrible in the first half.

I saw something I haven’t seen from Nelson yet in the PL, a desire to take players on and show himself.

Even though he had issues all game with his end product (especially the first half) he got himself into good positions, made good touches, executed some nice dribbles and also attempted runs off the fullbacks shoulder.

I think sometimes people need to see the positives when it comes to youth players, he showed encouraging signs today.

nick gould

First touch is brilliant. It shows he has a natural footballing talent. That shot in the first half though reminded me of Iwobi. But a reliable source on AM says shooting is his biggest asset. So it will come good soon. The work rate was good and It seems he has a good engine.

Impact

Established Member
Adamant that Reiss is our biggest academy talent since Wilshere. We need to keep supporting him, I believe he will come good.

His touch is utterly superb btw. A few times against Bournemouth he just brought the ball out of the air immaculately. The type of touch you are used to from Özil.

Goonger

Strength & aggression. If he can improve these (which there's no reason to think he can't seeing as he's still young, & he's admitted he's working on it), then that will allow his talent to shine more.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
He shows no desire or passion. Just a "winger" that plays too afraid to step out of line. Young players usually want to show more burst, but Nelson is not showing anything ou there. Pepe showed more in the last 10 mins that Nelson has shown in his appearances for Aresenal.

Maybe he needs to be converted to a right wing back.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He's 20 years old. Relax and give him time. We always whine when youth players don't play, we do the same when they do play.

Same goes for Saka. He's had excellent games already at the age of 17.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Playing on the right should do him well when it comes to trying harder, but I doubt we'll ever see his best, or what he is truly capable until he switches sides.

Tsl

I hope he starts today. I really think that the trust from the manager can make a real difference for him. Even though I’m sure Wenger rated him, he played as wingback under him and it didn’t seem like Emery and Nagelsmaan’s management suited him. He has been low on confidence for a long time now, but it seems like he now finally has the chance to build it up. If they keep believing in him, I think he will show us his talent sooner rather than later.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
If he starts and scores today he will go from strength to strength. You feel he needs a big moment to really believe.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Christmas present for Reiss with an undeserved start. However, he did get an assist last game and hopefully his confidence will grow.

We have Auba and Laca on the pitch, so the expectation is on those two as senior players, not our youngster. Come on Reiss, announce yourself today...

nick gould

Well impressed with this boy. His positioning defensively is sound. He seems to have a good engine as well. He looks happy. First touch is brilliant. Last match he was let down by his crosses. He has already put in a good cross to Aubameyang. I hope the goals start coming.

ksarp

He needs to play within the game though. A couple of bad decisions, but he's working hard and more importantly, he's playing hard nosed defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom