• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

ScotsGooner89

I saw an improvement in the Bournemouth game over what we have been seeing in the last 18 months. I saw probably as much of an Improvement as you could reasonably expect in the short time Arteta had. Which gives me confidence 2-fold. He both has ideas on how to successfully set up a team in the premier league, and also the communication skills to get a tea performing that way relatively quickly.

Kav

Established Member
I saw an improvement in the Bournemouth game over what we have been seeing in the last 18 months. I saw probably as much of an Improvement as you could reasonably expect in the short time Arteta had. Which gives me confidence 2-fold. He both has ideas on how to successfully set up a team in the premier league, and also the communication skills to get a tea performing that way relatively quickly.

How are you defining success? If you are comparing it to the everton game i can understand, that was the worse i have seen arsenal play in 23 years. However overall i didn't seen any thing of significance that had changed, as i've said before it will take more than a single game.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It's just as perplexing to say we improved immeasurably as it is to say you saw none at all.

It's fine to be pissed off, fuming or raging about the result, but don't let that spill over to blind analysis.

There were definitely improvements--the sort of which we needed to see to carry hope for the immediate future, like possession and more control of the game--along with some of the usual stupid stuff. We wasn't terribly unlucky not to win, because our play in the final third was utter dogsh!t. That wasn't bad luck.

You can rage and acknowledge improvement in some important areas.

Kav

Established Member
Let me put it another way. Did we improve defensively? Did we use our possession of the ball effectively? I can't say yes to either, can you?

We certainly had more possession and i can see what Arteta is trying to do and I am prepared to give him the time to build and prepare his team.

My grouse is really towards those who pretend as if the team playing with more possession is all that much of an improvement. This is Arsenal we have always played with possession over the last 23 years.

I need to see more than that. We need to give Arteta time to do his job. In time we can assess but not from a single game.

mpower2540

I thought we were definitely better than we have been. The intensity was there, Xhaka and Torreira both had solid performances, the shape/distances were much improved.

I think this team is pretty bang average for the most part so my expectations aren’t high at all. I’m just happy to hear someone vocalise the issues that have been plaguing this club for years such as commitment, attitude and positioning. I actually have hope, something I haven’t had for years and it feels nice!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Sorry guys but whoever is saying there were no improvements under Artetas first ever game honestly has no idea compared to Emerys first game. I saw clear improvements, if we were expecting him to win by more then 3 goals in his first game is a huge task especially having only 1 training session with the guys before the game. All we needed to see was a bit of improvement, I saw a fair bit.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

source.gif

Polar Bear

I think we had more control and better possession against Bournemouth, But I will say that I think Bournemouth are currently horrific and they played Burnley a few days before at home too and Burnley beat them and had much more shots on target than we did.. so its still very bleak and nowhere near good enough, especially with the new manager bounce that everyone gets, I want more and can't apologize for that.

moloso

How are you defining success? If you are comparing it to the everton game i can understand, that was the worse i have seen arsenal play in 23 years. However overall i didn't seen any thing of significance that had changed, as i've said before it will take more than a single game.

Can you expand on why that was the worst game you've seen us play in 23 years?! The Everton game wasn't even the worst in the last 23 days.

The worst game maybe, I'll give you that.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
My take on 'improvement gate'

It was by no means night and day but I thought there were small improvements in the midfield. We looked more solid, Torreira at the base and AMN tucking in helped us not get overrun as often. I don't think the defence was any better, just not put under as much pressure because of more protection in front. I didn't think the attack was any better either. Laca being woefully short on form and confidence doesn't help.

The team is lacking creativity but hopefully Pepe and Cabellos returning to full fitness and the first XI can help with that. I think the defence will be better with Chambers and Kolasinac back in it also.

I'm actually looking forward to the next game which is something I couldn't say under Unai.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
qd5nyqco66741.jpg

After seeing this on reddit couple of days ago, I gotta say Arteta needs to start wearing a suite. Looking a bit like a parody acts when people are making memes about it. Reminds me a bit of that creepy Elizabeth Holmes chick trying to copy Steve Jobs look.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
qd5nyqco66741.jpg

After seeing this on reddit couple of days ago, I gotta say Arteta needs to start wearing a suite. Looking a bit like a parody acts when people are making memes about it. Reminds me a bit of that creepy Elizabeth Holmes chick trying to copy Steve Jobs look.
How do you know that this wasn't Arteta's system originally and Guardiola was using it on his recommendation.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
qd5nyqco66741.jpg

If we start winning back to back league titles he can coach us naked for all I care.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
qd5nyqco66741.jpg

Guardiola is the best manager in the world, if he can copy everything tactical-wise, we will have the best manager in the world. That is not a bad thing at all.

Top Bottom