• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crazy how much our fitness has dropped, we use to be one of the strongest in the league after 70 minutes.

teamsoutheast

I've got some serious concerns about our fitness levels over the last couple seasons. Why do other teams look like they can run more than we do. Hopefully over time our fitness and conditioning team sort this out. We looked tired after about 60 mins.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Rex Banner blaming @Rex Banter for jinxing the team:

AFTV content, I'm seeing.

@Eaststander74 be like:

giphy.gif

The shape, effort and execution was excellent for the most part. We were let down by Laca's poor finishing and the Chambers injury which forced us to play Mustafi. Despite reverting to poor form statistically, we actually played better but couldn't sustain that energy. Crucially for the second goal, that desperation to win having lost the lead cost us. Guendouzi and Torreira were caught upfield. Knackered Saka was treading water and AMN was nowhere to be seen. We've been undone like this for a while but a commanding CB and a bit more coaching can reduce or eradicate that. Squad wise, I'd rather see Laca and Mustafi moved on and Pepe needs to show us more. Pleased with Arteta's efforts so far. COYG.
This.

Before I would have disagreed about getting Laca out. I actually disagreed with @BigPoppaPump a lot regarding him. Looks like he was right though:rolleyes:. Anyways I think Laca of late hasn't convinced me that he can be the striker we want him to be. I don't even think we should replace him from outside especially if we get Auba to sign an extension because we got two great hungry guns in Martinelli and Nketiah.

Also, I think there has been an increase in intensity and expectation from Arteta. Looks like some of the players haven't got used to it yet. Most of us have written off the PL this season. I think that we must all support Arteta cos despite how unbalanced our team is, there is evidence of improvement from the two games played. I think we should go hard for Europa and hopefully end our European drought, qualify for the Champions League and hopefully, better players will want to get involved with what we are building. Kill three birds with one stone;)

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It’ll get forgotten in the grand scheme of things but Aubameyang deserves so much credit for his shift today. Considerable effort in both halves of the pitch.

Saka also looks much more comfortable at LB than I expected. Like the rest of the team, he just needs to maintain it in the final 10 minutes.
Auba playing for his winter move. I can't wait for the "I spoke to Henry" comments.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This.

Before I would have disagreed about getting Laca out. I actually disagreed with @BigPoppaPump a lot regarding him. Looks like he was right though:rolleyes:. Anyways I think Laca of late hasn't convinced me that he can be the striker we want him to be. I don't even think we should replace him from outside especially if we get Auba to sign an extension because we got two great hungry guns in Martinelli and Nketiah.

The world would be a terrible place if everyone was as pessimistic as me.

9jagooner

Lampard had a pre season and he lost his first game 4-0. Arteta’s start has been better in that regard.
That's one game. Statistically mean nought. Which is why I am open to giving him time. On paper, we have better players than Chelsea.
This was the same team that went unbeaten for 20+ games last season and almost made top 4. So the players need to ask what has happened since then. I don't have an answer. I'm as baffled as any other fan. I just don't think it is an issue of quality of players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

VAR should create a big shift in coaching.

I've noticed it a few times times this season and yesterday for Sp**s was one of the more obvious examples. Defenders drop off for safety and comfort but with VAR they should be pushing toward the ball the smother the attack. If Alderweireld done that yesterday all Norwich attackers would have been offside and he stops the attacker running forward.

If the defence smother they push the line forward. To play against that both the attacker and ball player need to react in sync and if they arent VAR will catch them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's one game. Statistically mean nought. Which is why I am open to giving him time. On paper, we have better players than Chelsea.
This was the same team that went unbeaten for 20+ games last season and almost made top 4. So the players need to ask what has happened since then. I don't have an answer. I'm as baffled as any other fan. I just don't think it is an issue of quality of players.
We don't have better players than Chelsea specially in defense and midfield thier youngsters are miles better too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom