• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Next season it's gonna be "we have a Europa League budget, but play no European football"

How have we spent so much money, yet be so bad...what the hell happened!?
No we have many players on high wages they not deserved to like we paying mustafi 80K kola 130K

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I really hope the higher ups surprise me and give this man something to work with. You can see that he's going to be an absolutely elite manager if he's actually properly backed. You get the sense that this is a guy who can punch above his weight if you can just give him 11 competent players to put on the pitch. I haven't seen us play with the level of fight we did until Leno's howler since probably the FA Cup win over Chelsea. We have a manager, now we need to give him something to manage.

Last edited:

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
So far he's done everything right and he has my full backing, just hope the higher ups help him out and allow him to assemble and buy the players he wants.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Players like Guendouzi Willock Nelson shouldn't be playing this much anyway. Saka I get it, unfortunate to have both LBs out at the same time. But a club of this stature should have better options than them for PL games. Complete recruitment failure. Fitness team have gone back to their previous standards with all these injuries

I think this is mostly the fallout from our absence from the Champions League. We have still manged to spend decent money on the first XI, Auba, Laca, Pepe, Torreira etc. but the squad depth has gradually been eroded away as solid experienced players have been replaced by youth players.

I totally get it, we needed to reduce wages, we need to give our academy players their chance as there is some real talent. We also needed to reduce the overall age of the squad as it was looking pretty high a couple of years ago. The problem we face is as soon as we have a few injuries the youngsters get overplayed, that doesn't help the club or them in their development. As talented as Guendouzi is there is no way he should have 71 appearances for us already, that is quite shocking in all honesty.

I can't see anything changing until we get back in the Champions League. We will go relatively big on a couple of players every summer and rely on the academy and under the radar gems for squad depth.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Need Mikel to raid Pep's fridge and bring all the 'good stuff' over to the Emirates.

Can't believe how early we ran out of gas as opposed to Chelsea. Although part of that is us chasing shadows for about 50 minutes.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Need Mikel to raid Pep's fridge and bring all the 'good stuff' over to the Emirates.

Can't believe how early we ran out of gas as opposed to Chelsea. Although part of that is us chasing shadows for about 50 minutes.

I think of our many issues this season has been fitness. Darren Burgess went in the summer, not sure who manages conditioning now but they suck.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

I think of our many issues this season has been fitness. Darren Burgess went in the summer, not sure who manages conditioning now but they suck.

When Wenger was here we were as fit as anyone and fitter than most

How things change

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Wheres your evidence of that?

I watched the matches???

We never used to flag in extra time compared to the other team. We never looked as drained as we have recently.

I have no objective evidence though.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Arteta will be great for us if we back him with spending. That's the only way, whether it's him or Ancelotti or ****ing Pep.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Arteta has improved us, but our fitness for sure needs serious appraisal and subsequent improvement.

We were much better today, but we are desperately in need of the squad to fit the way he wants us to play.

Positives today:

-Aubameyangs work rate exceeded expectation.
-Our two makeshift fullbacks really look better under Arteta.
- Özil looked like prime Özil.
-Reiss Nelson looked improved with more game time.
-Torreira for the most part was very good.
- Luiz performed well.

Negatives:

-The apparent fitness issues over 90 mins
-Lacazette looks well off form. A better striker and we probably win.
-shame about lenos error, especially given his relative reliability
- didn't like how easily we came undone once we got a shock
- guendouzi leaves gaps all over the place and www lackadaisical tracking back.
- don't think we are creative enough in the final third outside of an in form Özil.

It was a hard loss to take, but still encouraged that there was a clear play style and identity. Honestly the last two games we've played better than many of our wins under Emery. Arteta with his own squad could really bring us back to where we belong.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I was cautiously optimistic when Arteta was hired, optimistic after his press conference and even more optimistic after the first two games, even if the results have been disappointing.

Let`s not forget he has been given a very difficult job in the short term. A team devoid of confidence, hardly any time for training sessions with the whole squad and an ever-growing injury list.

Despite this anyone should be able to see the impact he has already made. We look a lot more assured on the ball, there seem to be a plan behind our attacks and we have looked a lot more compact and organized. The senior players like Luiz, Özil and Auba have clearly gotten on board with his ideas and a player like Maitland Niles already seem to benefit from Arteta`s input.

He also seem to see very clearly what it is we are lacking, and he was correct when he said that today we defended too deep second half and didn`t have the energy levels of Chelsea.

It will obviously take a lot of time, which I just hope our fan base will give him. If Arteta is given time and backing in the coming transfer windows, I`m quite sure he`ll prove to be an excellent manager for us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Hi guys. I liked what I saw from Arteta mostly after so little time with the team. Although they gassed out at the end.

Anyway the refereeing is so diabolical in the PL. Jorginho should've got 2nd yellow after the arm to Laca's face when pulling Douzi's in counter attack.

There is no counter-argument after Torreira got yellow when no counter attack and not many fouls either from him?

Abysmal, diabolical.. and there are even worse referees in PL than Pawson. It's unbelievable in the richest league in the world. :trophy: :rofl:

Anyway, I need break. Maybe we will see some day again here. I still give my full support to Arsenal and Arteta, but won't watch every match or comment here. Only watching top matches in PL and other top matches in Europe. Using my time more efficiently.

I hope you give Mikel enough time and keep the spirits high. <3

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hi guys. I liked what I saw from Arteta mostly after so little time with the team. Although they gassed out at the end.

Anyway the refereeing is so diabolical in the PL. Jorginho should've got 2nd yellow after the arm to Laca's face when pulling Douzi's in counter attack.

There is no counter-argument after Torreira got yellow when no counter attack and not many fouls either from him?

Abysmal, diabolical.. and there are even worse referees in PL than Pawson. It's unbelievable in the richest league in the world. :trophy: :rofl:

Anyway, I need break. Maybe we will see some day again here. I still give my full support to Arsenal and Arteta, but won't watch every match or comment here. Only watching top matches in PL and other top matches in Europe. Using my time more efficiently.

I hope you give Mikel enough time and keep the spirits high. <3

R.I.P bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom