• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hi guys. I liked what I saw from Arteta mostly after so little time with the team. Although they gassed out at the end.

Anyway the refereeing is so diabolical in the PL. Jorginho should've got 2nd yellow after the arm to Laca's face when pulling Douzi's in counter attack.

There is no counter-argument after Torreira got yellow when no counter attack and not many fouls either from him?

Abysmal, diabolical.. and there are even worse referees in PL than Pawson. It's unbelievable in the richest league in the world. :trophy: :rofl:

Anyway, I need break. Maybe we will see some day again here. I still give my full support to Arsenal and Arteta, but won't watch every match or comment here. Only watching top matches in PL and other top matches in Europe. Using my time more efficiently.

I hope you give Mikel enough time and keep the spirits high. <3
DclfjKWWAAARPri.jpg

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Hi guys. I liked what I saw from Arteta mostly after so little time with the team. Although they gassed out at the end.

Anyway the refereeing is so diabolical in the PL. Jorginho should've got 2nd yellow after the arm to Laca's face when pulling Douzi's in counter attack.

There is no counter-argument after Torreira got yellow when no counter attack and not many fouls either from him?

Abysmal, diabolical.. and there are even worse referees in PL than Pawson. It's unbelievable in the richest league in the world. :trophy: :rofl:

Anyway, I need break. Maybe we will see some day again here. I still give my full support to Arsenal and Arteta, but won't watch every match or comment here. Only watching top matches in PL and other top matches in Europe. Using my time more efficiently.

Newchange

Regardless of how we played today its 2 games ,1pt for arteta. Ancelloti has 2 wins 6pts. AT this point in the season arteta was brought in to Improve results and quickly . ARe we gonna be praising arteta for bringing in the bare minimum (work rate,passion)when we’re in a relegation battle? Ask yourself do you believe in these players if they got sucked in to a relegation battle? United is a must win

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Regardless of how we played today its 2 games ,1pt for arteta. Ancelloti has 2 wins 6pts. AT this point in the season arteta was brought in to Improve results and quickly . ARe we gonna be praising arteta for bringing in the bare minimum (work rate,passion)when we’re in a relegation battle? Ask yourself do you believe in these players if they got sucked in to a relegation battle? United is a must win
Don't know what to tell but until we stop making disastrous mistakes like we been doing we'll keep dropping points Arteta could've also started with 6 points if players were clinical enough or our best preformer didn't decide to make key mistake in 85 minutes because in his 2 games we preformed well.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Unai-Emery-said-goodbye-to-the-Arsenal-players-this-morning-2191406.jpg

Reactions: A_G

Newchange

Don't know what to tell but until we stop making disastrous mistakes like we been doing we'll keep dropping points Arteta could've also started with 6 points if players were clinical enough or our best preformer didn't decide to make key mistake in 85 minutes because in his 2 games we preformed well.
Yes we performed better but numbers don’t lie. We have 1 win in last 13 now in the league I think. Playing well and not picking up the points Ian a big worry, what happens when we start playing bad again. Arteta has already stated the players are not used to playing with this intensity and are tired. Injuries are starting to pile up. We have no goals from midfield. I don’t believe we will beat united with our defense.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Ridiculous post with all respect the players should take full responsibility on this. I understand you are worried though.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm allowing myself the rare luxury of feeling cautiously optimistic about Arteta. I like what I hear, and I like what he is trying to do on the pitch.

Our squad will be ruthlessly exposed over the coming months...I don't see much scope for new players, without us selling some.

To a certain extent the season is a "write off" - however, there still remains the Europa League, and the FA Cup. I don't think we will go down, but I could easily see us dropping out of Europe all together.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Henry also comes from an era were Arsenal dropping points against such a poor side in poor form would be seen as unforgivable regardless of little improvements. It's not as if we were absolute peppering Bournemouth throughout the 90 minutes with Ramsdale saving Bournemouth on his own. It's not as if we were solid at the back there were still issues right up until the end were it looked as tho Bournemouth could nick it.

There are still massive improvements to be made if we're to get anywhere close to where we want to be and someone like Henry probably has huge standards.
I’m glad you’ve said this. Was confused in this thread when Henry was getting criticised.

To the extent that I genuinely thought I had missed something.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So what’s the general sentiment? Are people going to get smashed for saying we lost?

Yeah Jorginho should probably have been sent off but we’ve commonly seen referees give a little bit of leeway for a second yellow, although I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have gotten that decision in our favour.

besides that we got dominated for most of the second half, clearly should have made subs earlier as well.

Polar Bear

I was very dubious about Arteta and still am, you can't blame me, the guy has never managed before and has no track record.. HOWEVER in his first few games I have seen some improvements in us, yes we have not won.. but I've seen various things which have improved.. our work rate, off the ball runs and possession.. also Leno is not bombarded with a 10000 shots .. so yeah I have seen some things which have got better in my opinion.

The one thing that is still a big issue is our players not shooting, this has been going on for many years, it happened under Wenger, then Emery, then Ljungberg and now Arteta.. its the same big flaw.. we are so reluctant to shoot, its so frustrating, Auba will shoot and thats why he scores, but 99% of the team never shoot, pass pass pass and cross cross cross, but so reluctant to shoot. Again I'm not blaming Arteta, this issue has been going on for a very long time.

Lets look at last few games.. we have improved.. but Bournemouth Goalkeeper and Chelsea goalkeeper barely touched the ball, we had tons of pressure and looked dangerous but look at their goalies... they were falling asleep, they hardly had to do anything at all. Why?? because we just don't shoot, Auba does, but everyone else just rarely wants to shoot. The entire midfield have about 1 shot every 3 matches.

If you shoot anything can happen.. you can score, it could take a deflection and go in, you could get a penalty by it hitting someones hand, it can get blocked and you can get a corner.. you could get a own goal from it.. anything can happen.. if you shoot 2 things will happen.. you will score or you won't score, thats it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing evil and terrifying will happen to you LOL.. just shoot!!!!!!!!!

benjamin86

Established Member
So what’s the general sentiment? Are people going to get smashed for saying we lost?

Yeah Jorginho should probably have been sent off but we’ve commonly seen referees give a little bit of leeway for a second yellow, although I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t have gotten that decision in our favour.

besides that we got dominated for most of the second half, clearly should have made subs earlier as well.
We played well for 45-60minutes and then reverted to type, i think there's encouraging signs. I'm reminded a little of City in their first season under Guardiola.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
May I take this opportunity to congratulate Stan and Josh Kronke on the acquisition of their latest fall guy. The jackals and jackasses are already discussing the failures of our 180 minute old manager whilst quietly ignoring the catastrophic decline in our fortunes since the dirty duo assumed full control of the club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom