• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

FinnGooner

Established Member
Pleased with Arteta's press conference. Didn't hide behind excuses about referees instead stated straight away that the blame is with the team performance and how we dropped too deep once we lost our legs. Excuses won't improve this team one bit. The players, everyone of them, need to realize that the next win isn't just going to come. They need to take it by performing on the required level.

As for the performances in general, Arteta has definitely brought structure to our play but we don't create really anything going forward which means we will have to learn how to win 1-0. For a team in this mental condition, it'll be a huge challenge.

He is getting 1-2 training between games but still you see small changes in every player how they approach the game. There are obvious tactical tweaks you can see already.

It wont be easy. You look at the team today. Next year maybe both Laca and Auba will be gone. Özil will be older. The two full backs are not starters. Luiz is not good enough and Mustafi should be nowhere near the team. This is what Arteta has to work with now, but I expect big changes in our roaster in next few windows.

I hope Arteta is firm with Raul and don't allow him to mess up more transfers windows. Almost every transfer we make from now on has to be well thought and not just Raul calling his agent friends asking what is available.

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

He is getting 1-2 training between games but still you see small changes in every player how they approach the game. There are obvious tactical tweaks you can see already.

It wont be easy. You look at the squad. Next year maybe both Laca and Auba will be gone. Özil will be older. The two full backs are not starters. Luiz is not good enough and Mustafi should be nowhere near the team. This is what Arteta has to work with now, but I expect big changes in our roaster in next few windows.

I hope Arteta is firm with Raul and don't allow him to mess up more transfers windows. Almost every transfer we make from now on has to be well thought and not just Raul calling his agent friends asking what is available.

You're slowly becoming one of my favourite posters! Top notch again.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Unai-Emery-said-goodbye-to-the-Arsenal-players-this-morning-2191406.jpg

What do you mean with this picture?

I wish you luck trying to explain to others that Arteta needs time, because it's a long project.

You're gonna need it along with a lot of time typing. See ya, have fun!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I didn't watch the West Ham game and we won our first in **** knows how long. I enjoyed the highlights far better than I would have the game, anyway. So from now, it'll be highlights only. I can't bare to watch us lose anymore.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I didn't watch the West Ham game and we won our first in **** knows how long. I enjoyed the highlights far better than I would have the game, anyway. So from now, it'll be highlights only. I can't bare to watch us lose anymore.

It's genuinely getting hard mate, to consistently watch your team lose. Maybe they'll be good times again, doubt it.

WiscoGooner8

We aren’t even losing that much to be honest. It’s mostly draws in the PL. if you look ahead of us in the table only 6 teams have less losses than us, and 2 of those teams have 5 losses (6 for us). The team is at least somewhat exciting to watch again. It will take 2 years to get a decent enough roster to compete and that’s if we get our transfers right.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta needs to rejig the final 3rd trio at the moment. I think of the 3 performers that have started the last 2 games, Lacazette is the vulnerable one so far. Plus, hopefully Martinelli is back in time. It gives us more legs. I doubt Nelson has much left in the tank with the amount of running he's done in the last couple of games - I'll be surprised if he starts v United.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Arteta needs to rejig the final 3rd trio at the moment. I think of the 3 performers that have started the last 2 games, Lacazette is the vulnerable one so far. Plus, hopefully Martinelli is back in time. It gives us more legs. I doubt Nelson has much left in the tank with the amount of running he's done in the last couple of games - I'll be surprised if he starts v United.
There was something about Nelson that I liked today, even of it can't have been his product. He had an energy about him like he could see something happening for himself. He looked eager to make it happen like he really fancied he could.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There was something about Nelson that I liked today, even of it can't have been his product. He had an energy about him like he could see something happening for himself. He looked eager to make it happen like he really fancied he could.
He's getting his confidence back. It's all that needs to happen. There's a huge talent in there, just needed to believe in himself again. Arteta helping him get that sauce back. Marginal gains though, I know he can do better.

Wryer

It's not helping that this is the season of fixture pile ups, injuries and fatigue setting in.

Laca looks horribly out of shape and fitness. Guendozi looks lost when we are on the backfoot. Saka looks like he is on the verge of a nasty injury, you don't need stats to tell you that.
I'm expecting to see a rejigged side in 2 days

Wryer

Yeah he was much better. Still a confidence issue with Nelson.

Newchange

It's not helping that this is the season of fixture pile ups, injuries and fatigue setting in.

Laca looks horribly out of shape and fitness. Guendozi looks lost when we are on the backfoot. Saka looks like he is on the verge of a nasty injury, you don't need stats to tell you that.
I'm expecting to see a rejigged side in 2 days
Question is will the board back their Man come January? OR will they go down the “Loan” route again lol

Polar Bear

Arteta can only do so much, in my opinion the results from Emery and Ljungberg won't be much different at all, because we just have to face it that our players are not good enough, Auba and Leno are both excellent.. and Özil on his day is very good but only on "his day", the team needs a huge change in defence and midfield.. and its gonna require a lot of money.. Board will have to go all out and over spend on the right players.

I know thats sad to say, but I'm just trying to be realistic, can't see us magically becoming a champions league team with this group, defense and midfield need fixing big time

teamsoutheast

Arteta can only do so much, in my opinion the results from Emery and Ljungberg won't be much different at all, because we just have to face it that our players are not good enough, Auba and Leno are both excellent.. and Özil on his day is very good but only on "his day", the team needs a huge change in defence and midfield.. and its gonna require a lot of money.. Board will have to go all out and over spend on the right players.

I know thats sad to say, but I'm just trying to be realistic, can't see us magically becoming a champions league team with this group, defense and midfield need fixing big time

We don't need to spend 'alot' of money. We just need the right signings to bring balance to our midfield and defence. We will most likely use the loan market IMO or use the South American market in particular the Brasileiro where the season has now finished I believe. Hopefully Edu will help us here. It is going to be tough getting the players we require early so we need to be smart using the loan system and wait till summer if what we want/need isn't available.

m-due

You are on to something bruh. Our self care is more important as well as these subpar games. New year, new me coming up. COYG.

Top Bottom