• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
You are on to something bruh. Our self care is more important as well as these subpar games. New year, new me coming up. COYG.
Same. Refuse to let myself feel the way I felt yesterday anymore. Highlights only and only if we win, until we get players worth a damn.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
His original game plan was working fantastically, but once Lampard made a tactical change, Arteta didn't really have an answer despite having all half time to think something up. His subs were also not great and didn't make the right impact.

Yesterday he simply just got outtacticed as Allerdici would say.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
His original game plan was working fantastically, but once Lampard made a tactical change, Arteta didn't really have an answer despite having all half time to think something up. His subs were also not great and didn't make the right impact.

He didn't though. Lampard didnt outplay Arteta, it was simply luck on their side that we had two massive brain farts.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He didn't though. Lampard didnt outplay Arteta, it was simply luck on their side that we had two massive brain farts.
Don't be delusional, as soon as Jerginho came on they completely dominated the flow of the game for the rest of the match.

Now you might make an argument he might have made a decision to sit back to try and defend the lead for the rest of the game, but considering this is Arsenal's defense we are talking about it wasn't exactly a wise decision.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Don't be delusional, as soon as Jerginho came on they completely dominated the flow of the game for the rest of the match.

Now you might make an argument he might have made a decision to sit back to try and defend the lead for the rest of the game, but considering this is Arsenal's defense we are talking about it wasn't exactly a wise decision.

They barely had any chances throughout the game. We played well even after the sub, only time we started falling back was due to tired legs. Other than that we had them nullified even with the switch.

They're only good chances came from errors. One a set piece that landed to a player who should have been off and the second was a player not willing to get a yellow for the team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah fact is , when we had a tactical advantage we should have put at least one of those chances away . We had 3 chances we should have worked a lot better . 2-0 up and the dynamics would have changed completely ....hell if the ref did his job Chelsea would have lost the guy they subbed on .

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
They barely had any chances throughout the game. We played well even after the sub, only time we started falling back was due to tired legs. Other than that we had them nullified even with the switch.

They're only good chances came from errors. One a set piece that landed to a player who should have been off and the second was a player not willing to get a yellow for the team.
Tired legs from minute 25 on? Not having any real chances doesn't change the fact that they had us pinned down into our own half for most the game and we had to resort to hoofing the ball out as soon as we got it since we were shook. Also crying about Jorginho not being off is a weird one from our fanbase since Guen got away with the exact same **** plus got away from potentially giving away a peno.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Second half was all Chelsea.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

What changes he could've made? You saw our bench? We couldn't also change formation because it was working great. Still jorginho change didn't change the whole game because Chelsea didn't threatened

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

We didn’t have any players on the bench to counter what Lampard did. He would’ve started with Xhaka and brought on Ceballos had either of them been fit and we’d have had more control in the midfield. The only midfielder he had to bring on was Willock and he’s not going to help us have more control in midfield.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To put it simple for you people Arteta won't be able to change alot of our game because the quality of players we got are poor apart from handful of players

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Tired legs from minute 25 on? Not having any real chances doesn't change the fact that they had us pinned down into our own half for most the game and we had to resort to hoofing the ball out as soon as we got it since we were shook. Also crying about Jorginho not being off is a weird one from our fanbase since Guen got away with the exact same **** plus got away from potentially giving away a peno.

What are you on about? We held the lead for 80+ minutes and you could clearly tell by that point we were running on fumes. Mustafi even played well most of the game and Leno hadn't made a single mistake.

We could have won the game if we had the stamina or key players in those positions. But even then, even with a change of gameplan, all Lampard did was make the game more balanced without actually threatening us much.

Artera nullified Lampard, that's why he didnt change tactics much. The game we were playing was good enough to get the win. Arteta could not account for individual errors so late on.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
To put it simple for you people Arteta won't be able to change alot of our game because the quality of players we got are poor apart from handful of players

Well duh, that's what I've been saying. But everyone is like 'omg you can already see the improvements Arteta made we're gonna be great' instead of seeing why Emery and Arsène who are much more experienced managers than Arteta struggled.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea have a better team than us this season, their midfield was Kovacic-Kante while ours was Lucas-Guendo, of course they were gonna have more possession than us...plus we were winning up until what 80 minutes or so, and with the players we have atm, we should have been playing counter attacking football...be nice and disciplined, and wait for Chelsea to overcommit, and then attack the space.

We bossed the first half, and if Laca’s uncoordinated thumbs could have just hit the damn shoot button quicker, we would have deservedly been 2-0 up...all the nerds saying Chelsea had more possession, so they must have dominated, what chances did they actually create?

One great block from Luiz, and one header from Abraham that was catching practice for Leno...wow, how did we survive that onslaught in the second half!?

The reason we lost is down to us, well us and that ***** ref, most of our players just panic too much when the pressure is on, and others are just not good enough players ..and the only way to fix this, is to buy better ones...when the game went against us after Jorginho didn’t get sent off and the Willock miss, you just knew this Arsenal team would find a way to buckle unfortunately.

Arteta has got our two best overall performances out of our players this season, in the last two games...but at the end of the day, a manager is only as good as the base level of his players, and our base ain’t that good...and if you haven’t seen any improvements in the week or so Mikel has been here, then you are just looking to troll at this stage.

We just have to hope something goes our way soon.

Godwin1

Very well-known
I didn't watch the West Ham game and we won our first in **** knows how long. I enjoyed the highlights far better than I would have the game, anyway. So from now, it'll be highlights only. I can't bare to watch us lose anymore.
I only saw the highlights of this game mate and it looked quite even which is contrary to what a lot of people on here are saying. I think it's easy to lose perspective of the game in whole and you have to rely on analysis from elsewhere is the downside.

say yes

forum master baiter
Lampard’s substitution evened the game out, but I wouldn’t say he “out-tacticed”’Arteta. It stopped them being so vulnerable defensively, rather than particularly threatening us.

We were still comfortable, and I didn’t feel they’d score at all until it all went tits up with the Leno howler.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great sub by Lampard, but there’s a danger in making games about the managers rather than the players on the pitch. From the evidence of that game, both are doing a great job with their respective teams.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If sitting deep and letting the opposition have the ball and pin us down for 70 minutes at home is part of Arteta's tactical plans, then I'm very concerned.

The players he has at his disposal are average and mentally weak.

There should be huge pressure on Raul and co to sign at least two players in the January window.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom