• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Spot on, but Xhaka has been quite good the last few games where Guendouzi has been riding the bench for a reason. Now that we are selling Xhaka we desperately need someone in his place with some passing skills.
The last game two games he was good was against Bournemouth and Everton. Both the teams stood back without trying to press. If Xhaka played today, he would have been ****ed. Gendouzi in spite of his flaws is much better than Xhaka.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Spot on, but Xhaka has been quite good the last few games where Guendouzi has been riding the bench for a reason. Now that we are selling Xhaka we desperately need someone in his place with some passing skills.
He has looked sharper recently. Would have been slightly interesting to see what he did under Arteta tbh. I wasn't impressed with him under Wenger though, so it probably wouldn't be fair to expect Arteta to get more from him. I'm sure they'll be a more suitable replacement coming in anyway. I genuinely wish him well at Hertha. It shouldn't have ended like it did. I don't recall another Arsenal player going out like that.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
The last game two games he was good was against Bournemouth and Everton. Both the teams stood back without trying to press. If Xhaka played today, he would have been ****ed. Gendouzi in spite of his flaws is much better than Xhaka.

Yawn. Xhaka always performs in these kind of games.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

Don't get me wrong, I've never been a fan of Xhaka. Guendouzi however is much worse at the moment. Gets bullied and doesn't track back.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Don't get me wrong, I've never been a fan of Xhaka. Guendouzi however is much worse at the moment. Gets bullied and doesn't track back.
You are right. Guendouzi is currently in terrible form. But on his day, he has turned around matches for us against teams like Manchester United and Sp**s. When has Xhaka given such truly imposing performances? And Xhaka has never been useful in defense even when he does track back.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He may have been better than Guendouzi today but playing him would certainly have presented us with other issues that have existed ever since he joined us. Fabinho and Jorginho were maligned when they joined but they have been far more effective than Xhaka ever has. No point rewriting history.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
You are right. Guendouzi is currently in terrible form. But on his day, he has turned around matches for us against teams like Manchester United and Sp**s. When has Xhaka given such truly imposing performances? And Xhaka has never been useful in defense even when he does track back.

What are you even talking about? When did that happen?

Also Xhaka has had such a performance last season exactly against Sp**s and Man United. (He was essential in the Sp**s one and even had a goal in the Man United one)

Are you confusing them? Because I sincerly don't know what you're talking about.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Also Xhaka has had such a performance last season exactly against Sp**s and Man United. (He was essential in the Sp**s one and even had a goal in the Man United one)

Are you confusing them? Because I sincerly don't know what you're talking about.
The Manchester United vs Arsenal match on 30th September.
https://www.squawka.com/en/features...er-ratings-guendouzi-mctominay-premier-league
Sp**s vs Arsenal on 1st September.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...r-man-of-the-match-vs-tottenham-a4226276.html

Most people considered Guendouzi as the best performer for Arsenal. Xhaka played doesn't mean that he played well. Yes he had that one goal against United. Otherwise, he has been very poor against big teams.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I can't remember one MOTM performance that xhaka has had for us.
Whareas, for Guendouzi, he won that that Villa match for us earlier in the season. That was a match winning performance. He was by far our best player that day. Torreira won fans MOTM award last season than xhaka has ever won in his entire arsenal career. The game against United a couple months ago, Guendouzi and Saka was our best player. He turned the Sp**s match in our favour with his gutsy display. A game we should have won in the first place if not that Granit "Hacker" Xhaka hacked down son in our penalty area and also the two clowns we have in our defense. Xhaka is not a player we would miss. Just when we start playing decent football, he'll make one game-shattering blunder

Last edited:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Can’t sell him. Been excellent under Arteta.

It's not that we can't sell him. We can't break up Xhaka-Torreira. They work amazing together. Unless we have another midfielder/midfield that works like that we can't break em' up.

Ideally we need two such pairs AT LEAST.

say yes

forum master baiter
Hope he can be convinced to stay until the summer, at least.

I know he’s pissed off with our fans, but he’s got a chance of a fresh start here and I don’t think we have the funds to improve on him this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom