• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Skillset, discipline or system issue? To me that's a discipline or system issue, not skillset.

This possession based ideal you seem to have would require midfielders making late runs into the box against teams who sit in a low block, which is a skillset.
City midfielders can push forward because inverted fullbacks are occupying the midfield position when attacking. It does not mean they are box to box players. Of course I admire City players a lot, they are not those disgusting box to box players.

Goonger

City midfielders can push forward because inverted fullbacks are occupying the midfield position when attacking. It does not mean they are box to box players. Of course I admire City players a lot, they are not those disgusting box to box players.

You can play similar systems, with different type of personnel, as long as you can get them to work hard within the system. Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva are totally different types of players to Fabinho, Henderson, Wijinaldum for instance. In fact, Liverpool themselves vary the type of players within that midfield 3, they can have Ox, Keita, Milner, Lallana or Shaqiri come in and all do a job. They each are different types of players.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You can play similar systems, with different type of personnel, as long as you can get them to work hard within the system. Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva are totally different types of players to Fabinho, Henderson, Wijinaldum for instance. In fact, Liverpool themselves vary the type of players within that midfield 3, they can have Ox, Keita, Milner, Lallana or Shaqiri come in and all do a job. They each are different types of players.
Yes they are indeed different players.
But do you get it?
The traditional British no skills, no good passer, long ball, boring, free roaming box to box would not work in a disciplined possession based technical side that plays beautiful football.

Goonger

Yes they are indeed different players.
But do you get it?
The traditional British no skills, no good passer, long ball, boring, free roaming box to box would not work in a disciplined possession based technical side that plays beautiful football.

I suppose its what you class as a side that plays beautiful football. Lampard played really well in the early Mourinho Chelsea teams that actually scored a lot of goals, with Robben & Duff. Gerrard played well for various Liverpool teams in a variety of positions, including in Rodgers Liverpool team that were free scoring & nearly won the league.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We lost the tittle race once Ramsey and Theo went down, only two players that made runs off the ball.
after that we just passed around and made it easy for teams to defend against us.

There is not only 1 tactic/style of football to play, otherwise everyone would do the same. Gerrard, as an example, was top class at what he could do, which is something completely different from guys like Xabi, who had football in his small finger. Both were similar class, different styles, and it's up to other 10 players in the team and the tactics to decide which one of those would be a better fit for that team.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Id love to get Matuidi in - think he could really help us out in the middle and he has the experience. His contract is coming due so we can probably get him cheaper. I would also look at some other players whose contracts come up, been mentioned before but Cavani would be brilliant along with Thiago Silva. These 3 players could help us a lot as they all have great experience and wouldn't cost a fortune due to their contracts coming due.

Newchange

Today’s games game really highlited the 2 major flaws in the squad for me.

1. LAck of leadership
2.lack of goals from midfield

This needs to be addressed. Over the the next 2 windows for Arteta to stand any chance.

Newchange

Build from the back. Go and get either Dunk or Mings in January and look for a quality cb in the summer.

Midfield go and take a gamble on an attack mid
Personally I would look at Brooks at Bournemouth or Grielish.

Torreira is showing improvement in the holding role so put someone next to him with an eye for goal. Auba can’t and won’t carry us all season

Arsenalgo

Also, he has 10 big chances created (2nd in ligue 1 after Di Maria and ahead of players like Mbappe and Neymar), and that's not to mention how much more difficult it is to create chances in Monaco than PSG who are in attack 90 mins a game. And he also makes so many tackles and interceptions for his position, he is an all rounder with incredible energy.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He really is, dont get the hype personally. Strong and quick in the tackle but thats about it. Gives away simple passes alot during a game. I Imagine the intensity of the premiership would highlight that even more

YouTube compilations don't include his mistakes though.. :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Why don't Arsenal buy Golovin? He is amazing this season in a sh*t team.

Interesting what a good few months can do, 2018/2019 he was being spoken of as one of the biggest transfer flops in Europe.

If I recall correctly Golovin said he needed time to adapt to the league, also didnt have many good things to say about Thierry Henry as a manager :lol:

Arsenalgo

Interesting what a good few months can do, 2018/2019 he was being spoken of as one of the biggest transfer flops in Europe.

If I recall correctly Golovin said he needed time to adapt to the league, also didnt have many good things to say about Thierry Henry as a manager :lol:

Tielemans was way worse than Golovin in Monaco last season. Golovin wasn't even bad he was just below expectations.

Bosniak Gooner

I would personally go full Brexit FC, just buy UK players and EPL proven. Jack Grealish, Lundstram, Traore, Ndidi. Spending this January is vital in order to make these fresh players establish themselves for the next season.

Selling Aubameyang for an adequate all-round striker with pace, hold-up play and work-rate is very important.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I would personally go full Brexit FC, just buy UK players and EPL proven. Jack Grealish, Lundstram, Traore, Ndidi. Spending this January is vital in order to make these fresh players establish themselves for the next season.

Selling Aubameyang for an adequate all-round striker with pace, hold-up play and work-rate is very important.

Get rid of Arteta and appoint Boris Johnson too when you're at it.

TornadoTed

Established Member

Absolutely no chance, those 4 would cost £200m+ I suspect

Edit - Sorry I forgot this was the Wish List thread.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom