• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I get more and more annoyed the more I see the second goal. He had a 10 yard head start on the ref and they both arrived at the edge of our box at the same time. He was almost level with Torreira and Torreira was about 15 yards ahead of him when the goal went in.

4-FE38392-21-F4-4433-BEC2-6-FC62-D36-FC97.jpg

E2-AF38-E8-178-A-466-B-B334-85-A3-B0555874.jpg

He’s as bad as Denilson was when it comes to jogging back.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He doesn't need selling :lol:

Terrible posting by most in here :lol:

He needs a kick up the arse and a spell playing with his age group though, then a loan to Championship or PL next season.
Yeah, lets destroy whatever hype and value he has so we can in couple of years sell him for penuts then cry about how we can't get value for our players.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Bought him for peanuts. Should be able to sell him for a decent fee. If a good offer came in the summer I would sell.

It's not that I don't think he has potential. Speed, Power, aerial ability and agility are things that you can't significantly develop when you have so little of it.

If AMN was where Guendouzi was, he would have caught up to Abraham and dispossessed him or fouled him trying to do so.

We lack serious athleticism in midfield. We lack speed on the turn. It doesn't matter if you close the distances successfully for 85 minutes. If you have 5 minutes of the 2 players being out of position which will happen because they are young, we will get ripped apart.

Fully agree, his passion on the field will not cover his huge deficiencies that you highligh. His positioning is all over the place and I don't like his histrionics one bit. He needs to stop being a drama queen, and quit picking little meaningless fights with oppo players. Yesterday on the very first foul by Chelsea on Nelson near the box, he was at the refs face.

The less said about his jogging back for their winner the better.
So often he reminds me of Denilson. Check the screencaps below. Absolutely horrible from Mustafi and him.

I get more and more annoyed the more I see the second goal. He had a 10 yard head start on the ref and they both arrived at the edge of our box at the same time. He was almost level with Torreira and Torreira was about 15 yards ahead of him when the goal went in.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He should have won the header that he was odds on favourites to win and we woudn't be looking at this ridiculous situation .

say yes

forum master baiter
A lot of this criticism feels too harsh to me.

He’s just a kid. Yes, there’s a lot of work to do positionally on the training ground, and he’s a bit too hot-headed at times, but he’s still a hell of a talent.

Think he worked very hard yesterday in an unfamiliar role. It wasn’t perfect, but Arteta will work with him on that.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A lot of this criticism feels too harsh to me.

He’s just a kid. Yes, there’s a lot of work to do positionally on the training ground, and he’s a bit too hot-headed at times, but he’s still a hell of a talent.

Think he worked very hard yesterday in an unfamiliar role. It wasn’t perfect, but Arteta will work with him on that.

It's more annoying that he is playing, not his fault he is basically now a guaranteed starter as we have no one else.

mpower2540

He may develop into a decent midfielder but he lacks any killer attributes to justify him being a “superstar” talent. Mason Mount is the same age and has far superior attributes in that he can drive with the ball, shoots well, passing is good, gets about the pitch, he’s someone I look at and think if he keeps developing he can become a real force. I just don’t see it with Matteo.

There’s this aura about him too as if he thinks he’s a superstar that really irks me. Whether we sell him or not would completely depend on the fee. If someone came in with big money I’d be happy to sell but anything less than 40/50m then I’d be prepared to stick with him. He’s got an awful lot of work to do though.

GunnerShy

He may develop into a decent midfielder but he lacks any killer attributes to justify him being a “superstar” talent. Mason Mount is the same age and has far superior attributes in that he can drive with the ball, shoots well, passing is good, gets about the pitch, he’s someone I look at and think if he keeps developing he can become a real force. I just don’t see it with Matteo.

There’s this aura about him too as if he thinks he’s a superstar that really irks me. Whether we sell him or not would completely depend on the fee. If someone came in with big money I’d be happy to sell but anything less than 40/50m then I’d be prepared to stick with him. He’s got an awful lot of work to do though.
My point exactly. The really good players show something at that age if given the opportunity. 50 PL games is definitely the opportunity.

My calls to sell him were probably heat of the moment. Now I've cooled down I've realised there is probably nobody interested in buying him...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Blaming him for the goal is too much I think. The goal was 90% on Mustafi being an idiot and 10% on Saka not being able to track back.
Douzi running back like a madman would only help if there was another Chelsea player arriving in late and scoring the winner, which didn't happen.
He had a crap game and he is regressing as a player instead of improving, but some comments here are just too much

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
If only we had proper midfielders, Matteo could flourish under them, watching how it's done, learn from the best and getting game time now and then.

Now he's watching overweight strikers twerking and the captain throwing the armband as he's getting booed by the home crowd. Not a good atmosphere to flourish as a talent.

Give him time though. He's not in his best form but he's only 20 and has played some good games for us already. Not everyone is a world class midfielder at age 17 like Cesc.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What is Matteo strengths?
Last year he was passing the ball really well and I was expecting he would improve his physical shape this season on top of that.
It turned out he completely changed the way he plays and it doesn't suit him at all. Negative backward-sideways passing is the main reason for his obvious regression and it scary that it happened so early in his career.
Reminds me now a bit of Denilson who had exactly the same situation, positive in his first few months with us and suddenly he just started to play the ball sideways and never stopped doing that

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What is Matteo strengths?

He's a good ball-carrier, sometimes. I'm not sure if it's enough to overlook all the other areas he needs to improve in. I'm not going to write him off but everytime I see him play I become less and less convinced. That Aston Villa game seems a long way off. You can't fault his attitude I'll give him that, but it's not enough.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People have short memories. Guendouzi was doing loads of little 10 yard bursts then a forward pass last season. Did a few really good forward passes, through balls

He's regressed this season as the whole team did. Writing him off is just ridiculous now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Last year he was passing the ball really well and I was expecting he would improve his physical shape this season on top of that.
It turned out he completely changed the way he plays and it doesn't suit him at all. Negative backward-sideways passing is the main reason for his obvious regression and it scary that it happened so early in his career.
Reminds me now a bit of Denilson who had exactly the same situation, positive in his first few months with us and suddenly he just started to play the ball sideways and never stopped doing that
Guendouzi didn't change the way he played. Emery did in the name of tactics and structure which nobody has worked out to date.

TimT

Guendouzi is a good guy with good intention and willing to work hard but he is a loose yearling. I have not changed my mind about Guendouzi since I saw his first touch and his positioning and run in Arsenal shirt and I won't change my mind about him simply because I think he has developed himself as much as he could. Yes, he has played for all age levels for France but he will never play for senior France squad in a competitive game.

I can see him ending in a mediocre team in EPL or elsewhere where he can shine better, just not in Arsenal or a big club. I wish him all the best.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Fans opinion of him does represent what he does on the pitch now, which is utter crap. In my opinion, he is much worse than he was last season.
The only question is if he ambitious enough to turn this around and start working like mad to improve. I don't think that any of us can predict that or what he will achieve in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom