• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Anyone follow the Championship closely? Any standout players? Two years ago Neves, Maddison and Sessegnon were levels above, last year it was Grealish. All would have been great transfers for relative peanuts compared to after they helped their clubs to promotion.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Anyone follow the Championship closely? Any standout players? Two years ago Neves, Maddison and Sessegnon were levels above, last year it was Grealish. All would have been great transfers for relative peanuts compared to after they helped their clubs to promotion.

more then few, but it's Bowen who really interests me.
I don't follow it closely but that guy stood out miles every time I've seen him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The BBC had a list of potential transfers this morning, including this 6'4" England U-21 international:

JOE WORRALL (22, defender, Nottingham Forest)

Value: £5.78m

Linked with: Arsenal, Everton

Forest, out of the Premier League since 1999, are sniffing around the Championship play-off places as they look to return, with Worrall a mainstay at the back.

But their campaign could be derailed if the defender leaves in January, with leaky Arsenal sending scouts to watch the player this season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50761196

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Jarrod Bowen, Jed Wallace, John Swift, Eberechi Eze. The championship has alot of talent who can make the step up and we have seen this with the likes of Mcginn at Villa, Lundstrom and Norville at Sheff Utd, Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki at Norwich. I think Bowen might even be on a free at the end of the season as his contract is up and I don't think he has signed a new one.

goonerfamily

Emre Can apparently wants out of Juve. What are people's thoughts on him? Think he could be shrewd signing. Decently athletic, good in the air, underrated passer. Obviously not a top central midfielder but could definitely help us in the next 18 months try to move back into the top four. I also think his versatility could be useful if we ever became a competitive team again in the next five years.

He also knows the league and probably speaks fluent English which would help him bed in straight away. Also, presumably needs game time to try and get into the German side for euro 2020

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Emre Can apparently wants out of Juve. What are people's thoughts on him? Think he could be shrewd signing. Decently athletic, good in the air, underrated passer. Obviously not a top central midfielder but could definitely help us in the next 18 months try to move back into the top four. I also think his versatility could be useful if we ever became a competitive team again in the next five years.

He also knows the league and probably speaks fluent English which would help him bed in straight away. Also, presumably needs game time to try and get into the German side for euro 2020

Aren't his legs completely gone?

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't follow it closely but that guy stood out miles every time I've seen him.

Yeah I'm surprised a Premiership club hasn't had a punt at Bowen yet. Maybe another Bobby Reid, looks good at that level but missing something to make the step up.

Newchange

Seems to neglect the defensive side of the game and belives he’s more a CAM. Good player but we have Willock who’s similar in style

TornadoTed

Established Member
Jarrod Bowen, Jed Wallace, John Swift, Eberechi Eze. The championship has alot of talent who can make the step up and we have seen this with the likes of Mcginn at Villa, Lundstrom and Norville at Sheff Utd, Cantwell, Buendia and Pukki at Norwich. I think Bowen might even be on a free at the end of the season as his contract is up and I don't think he has signed a new one.

I wasn't expecting anyone to say Jed Wallace! He couldn't get anywhere near the Wolves team 3 seasons ago and ended up on loan at Pompey in League 2 before getting shipped off to Milwall.

You could see he had talent, a late bloomer maybe.

Last edited:

teamsoutheast

I wasn't expevting anyone to say Jed Wallace! He couldn't get anywhere the Wolves team 3 seasons ago and ended up on loan at Pompey in League 2 before getting shipped off to Milwall.

You could see he had talent, a late bloomer maybe.

He's having a good season at Millwall. Might surprise a few if the likes of Bournemouth take a gamble. Around 24/25 some players just seem to explode.

Malky

Established Member
The BBC had a list of potential transfers this morning, including this 6'4" England U-21 international:

JOE WORRALL (22, defender, Nottingham Forest)

Value: £5.78m

Linked with: Arsenal, Everton

Forest, out of the Premier League since 1999, are sniffing around the Championship play-off places as they look to return, with Worrall a mainstay at the back.

But their campaign could be derailed if the defender leaves in January, with leaky Arsenal sending scouts to watch the player this season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50761196
All I know of Worrall is from a few Rangers game I watched last season, yet he looked absolutely solid in every one of them. Few lads I know are season ticket holders at Rangers and raved about how good he was last season.

teamsoutheast

If we're talking about young players with potential then I do like Jayden Bogle from Derby County. I think he's gonna be a very good RB in the future.

nick gould

Burn from a lowly placed premier league club. All 2 metres and a centimetre. Left sided central defender and left footed. Can do short paces .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bowen at Hull, Bellingham is a world class talent and should be a must buy. Ben White is the best CB in the league and should be gettable, beyond that I like Davies at Preston and Ferguson at WBA are decent defenders as well.

Brom also have Perreira who’s a baller, I like Eze at QPR he’s like an Iwobi with a little more end product. Bogle at Derby has shown promise.

If I was going my must buy three in order it’d be:

1. Bellingham
  2. White
  3. Bowen

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
All I know of Worrall is from a few Rangers game I watched last season, yet he looked absolutely solid in every one of them. Few lads I know are season ticket holders at Rangers and raved about how good he was last season.

I wouldn't at all mind Arsenal going for somebody like that. They're better stocked with young forwards than young defenders. He could develop right along with Saka, Nelson, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Nketiah, Willock, etc.

Goonger

He wouldnt get a game for Rangers just now, unless he's improved dramatically since his time there last season.

teamsoutheast

Bowen at Hull, Bellingham is a world class talent and should be a must buy. Ben White is the best CB in the league and should be gettable, beyond that I like Davies at Preston and Ferguson at WBA are decent defenders as well.

Brom also have Perreira who’s a baller, I like Eze at QPR he’s like an Iwobi with a little more end product. Bogle at Derby has shown promise.

If I was going my must buy three in order it’d be:

1. Bellingham
  2. White
  3. Bowen
Yeah that Perreira is quality. Way too good for the Championship. WBA did well to get him on loan from Sporting CP.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yeah I'm surprised a Premiership club hasn't had a punt at Bowen yet. Maybe another Bobby Reid, looks good at that level but missing something to make the step up.
Just turned 23, he'd be perfect for a Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth type lower mid table team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom