• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Manchester United | Wednesday 1st January | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 31 42.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • United Win

Votes: 27 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
How is he right when there are clear examples that we played that way under Arsène? Havent done that in 10 years is the biggest load of tosh.

Not even Liverpool play a high intensity game for more than an hour.

10 years brings us back to 2009.
Was referring to how the biggest compliment he could pay Arteta is that his team in the first half looked nothing like Arsène’s. He’s exaggerated for dramatic effect, but I agree completely with the principle. We were compact, organised, and aggressive.

Wenger coaxed intense performances from us now and again, but we were never particularly organised or disciplined when doing so.

It has only been two games, but it already looks like Arteta is cut from the Guardiola cloth (meticulous attention to positioning and detail), rather than than the Wenger cloth (with its emphasis on player freedom).

Given the way in which football has developed over the last two decade, and how badly Wenger struggled to modernise his style of playing, I think we should all be delighted with that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He always recovers against us, doesn't he?

Hopefully he plays like he did a few months ago when we went to OT because he was absolutely horrendous.

I do worry tho, I remember the FA Cup last year when he was just toying with Torreira. If he gets isolated with him it could get ugly. We're gonna have to be careful when it comes to committing bodies forward, all of a sudden you get Torreira isolated, Martial and James running at our FB's who aren't really FB's. We need to be tight, compact with the entire team working hard. Similar to the majority of the game on Sunday until we committed too much to the attack trying to restore the lead.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hopefully he plays like he did a few months ago when we went to OT because he was absolutely horrendous.

I do worry tho, I remember the FA Cup last year when he was just toying with Torreira. If he gets isolated with him it could get ugly. We're gonna have to be careful when it comes to committing bodies forward, all of a sudden you get Torreira isolated, Martial and James running at our FB's who aren't really FB's. We need to be tight, compact with the entire team working hard. Similar to the majority of the game on Sunday until we committed too much to the attack trying to restore the lead.
Exactly why AMN will be the extra CM
Yeah, I remember he was terrible in both games.

But he's very dangerous on the break. He's very good at releasing their attackers on the break.

We have to limit his involvement on the ball.

Let's play Aubamawang

So apparently Lingaard hasn't scored or assisted yet this season in the PL.

you can bet all your savings on a Lingaard hat trick. You know it's coming, don't you? :rofl:
Yeah we always concede goals to players who can't score. Altidore is a prime example lol. It's like we don't bother to mark them.

I'm hoping for a win for some much needed confidence but given the short amount of time Arteta has had with the team, a draw wouldn't be awful. That being said, we could do with some more ticks in the W column.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lingard is actually a nice player to watch when he’s playing well, just a shame he seems to enjoy shredding us at the Emirates.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Just seen Arteta’s pre Man Utd conference which I soon realised was done straight after Chelsea .. I could do a much better job at questions than these journalists. Arteta looks bored already and he’s done about 3. They ask the same 3 questions on rotation...Özil, did you see more commitment, then how was it for you as manager
So ****... ask some interesting questions or **** off

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Worried about Rashford, guy is knocking on the door of that Suarez/Bale video game form.

No idea what back line or midfield we’ll be able to put out, could see him causing havoc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sokeatis going to miss this too. Mustafi Luiz :lol:. just forfeit please. Honestly tho Luiz was great against Chelsea but Mustafi is trouble

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Oh f*ck me I can't be arsed. Surely Rob Holding is back? What a dead season this has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom