• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalFever

I follow the Russian league and he is extremely overrated imo. Plus he's already 24 and still doesn't get near Russia's starting xi (mostly because of Golovin). Whereas Golovin at 23 already has plenty of experience including World Cup, UCL and a good enough league.
Golovin has played for the NT 8 times this year in the euro qualifiers compared to Miranchuks 5, but this was because of an injury.
Miranchuk is a majestic type of player and comparable to Özil whereas Golovin is more comparable to Cazorla.

Last edited:

Arsenalgo

Golovin has played for the NT 8 times this year in the euro qualifiers compared to Miranchuks 5, but this was because of an injury.
Miranchuk is a majestic type of player and comparable to Özil whereas Golovin is more comparable to Cazorla.

Golovin is very different to Cazorla. He is way pacier and more explosive while Cazorla is a better football intellect.

Arsenalgo

Yes but I was trying to give an example between Golovin and Miranchuk.
Golovin and Ramsey have similar characteristics.
Miranchuk hasn't played a full game for Russia I'd say. If you're looking at a Russian player apart from Golovin I would choose Bakaev but he's more of a winger but can also play cam.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah exactly mate. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Soyuncu go to a Utd or Chelsea next summer and Leicester replace him with Ben White.
The funny thing is, Soyuncu was desperate to come here. His agent was yapping every day but not many Gooners wanted him as he was a "no name". The same people thought Mustafi and Sokratis was a good buy :facepalm:

Newchange

defense has to be the main focus in January! At this stage if you can actually defend and pass the ball you have a chance of joining Arsenal

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Can't believe Mustafi hasn't been binned. Taking up a valuable spot among the CBs. Chambers out long term, Mavropanos is a dud. That leaves just 3 Cbs, one of them coming back from an ACL.

ArsenalFever

Miranchuk hasn't played a full game for Russia I'd say. If you're looking at a Russian player apart from Golovin I would choose Bakaev but he's more of a winger but can also play cam.
Im taking accounts into factor by stating Miranchuk as a potential target, price, availability etc I think he's a great player because I identify with him, not because he's Russian, I think he's a serious talent and if he were at a bigger club then I think he would thrive and possibly eclipse Golovin.

Although, Golovin is a great player and would be more than happy if he were signed.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The funny thing is, Soyuncu was desperate to come here. His agent was yapping every day but not many Gooners wanted him as he was a "no name". The same people thought Mustafi and Sokratis was a good buy :facepalm:

He’s done alright at Leicester tbf but I still think there’s a couple of holes in his game. He’s been carried a bit by Evans and the system they play.

What I will say is that he’d be a trap if we spent 50 odd million on him in the summer because the likes of White and Davies are on a similar level and would be a fraction of the price.

Between him and Sokratis though it was obviously a no brainer, dreadful shout.

ArsenalFever

Attacking mid has become priority, being able to retain possession higher up the pitch will lead to less defensive lapses and being hit less on the counter, plus the added benefit of more chances created and goals.

If a center back is to be signed, he should be a marquee signing imo and ready to play.
If Arsenal have the funds and pulling power, by all means go out and sign Dias.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

The Golovin talk reminded me of his transfer thread after he was linked to Arsenal by some murky Russian blog (I find revisiting some of these threads interesting from time to time). Anyway, here's a comparison that struck me...

Screen-Shot-2019-12-31-at-1-22-00-PM.png

:eek:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He’s done alright at Leicester tbf but I still think there’s a couple of holes in his game. He’s been carried a bit by Evans and the system they play.

What I will say is that he’d be a trap if we spent 50 odd million on him in the summer because the likes of White and Davies are on a similar level and would be a fraction of the price.

Between him and Sokratis though it was obviously a no brainer, dreadful shout.
My fear is that our poor coaching and tactics would have made him worse and highlighted the holes in his game. Apart from VVD, there's no perfect CB so well done Leicester for making the collective greater than its parts. Sok vs Borehamwood really was a warning of what was to come.

Arsenalgo

Im taking accounts into factor by stating Miranchuk as a potential target, price, availability etc I think he's a great player because I identify with him, not because he's Russian, I think he's a serious talent and if he were at a bigger club then I think he would thrive and possibly eclipse Golovin.

Although, Golovin is a great player and would be more than happy if he were signed.
Golovin is way more talented than Miranchuk so it's very unlikely he will ever put Golovin into the shade.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I wanted Golovin last summer. Think we've missed the boat now. Torreria and Ceballos have very high ceilings in my opinion; at least one of Guendouzi, Willock or ESR should come good over the next couple of seasons. I'd like a midfield boss to come in, somebody who can almost win a game from midfield on a good day (A 2016 Modric, Verrati or Kante). Where do you find that in today's market though?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Dailymail reporting we interested in Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara he was our player 3 years ago before releasing him

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A fit and in form Ramsey is the closest that we've had since Cesc, but even he was in and out of both fitness and form.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Does it look like we're going to be active this window?

I've not heard much, as opposed to this time last year when it was all known we'd only be getting a loan or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom