• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I'm assuming you're being sarcastic.

At present, Auba is the only one scoring.
Laca is ****ting the bed.

Ramsey is another option that could have been useful for us, but he's no longer here.

Nelson is not confident in front of goal.

Özil has never been a prolific goalscorer
Instead of playing Nelson, Arteta should make it his mission to get the most out of Pepe, who's warming the bench for no good reason.
Martinelli will only get better with each passing game and Laca is going through a bad run of games.
If we sell Auba in January, then we're in big, big trouble and the relegation struggle will become real.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But he isn't showing anything on the pitch. Why play someone who isn't productive?

Played well under Arteta, hopefully productivity will come. Pepe looks like a ghost, plays with no intensity, looks lightweight and short on confidence. If he’s like that in training then I’ll expect Nelson will continue to be picked ahead of him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’ll face the same problems with Saliba, Upamacano if we sign him, Rabiot etc. These guys need atleast 12 months to adapt if not more, hence why I don’t think Arteta will finish top 4 next season, maybe even struggle to get top 6.

Salah left Chelsea and developed at Roma, Mane developed at Southampton, Van Dijk at Celtic and Southampton. All top performers before they arrived at Liverpool.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't think we can afford a player on the right who doesn't do enough defensively with AMN not a natural defender. I would like to see Pepe through up front instead of Laca who is woefully out of form, can't do any worse.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We’ll face the same problems with Saliba, Upamacano if we sign him, Rabiot etc. These guys need atleast 12 months to adapt if not more, hence why I don’t think Arteta will finish top 4 next season, maybe even struggle to get top 6.

Salah left Chelsea and developed at Roma, Mane developed at Southampton, Van Dijk at Celtic and Southampton. All top performers before they arrived at Liverpool.
Pepe was a top performer at Lille too, Rabiot was too at a better team than ours. So other than trying to make an excuse for Arteta in case he fails, what's your point?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I don't think we can afford a player on the right who doesn't do enough defensively with AMN not a natural defender. I would like to see Pepe through up front instead of Laca who is woefully out of form, can't do any worse.
That's an interesting idea.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

All players develop at different pace.
Varane was signed at the age of 19 and was immediately a starter under Mourinho in Madrid.

If you've got the quality, you just need the right coach to harness those qualities.

Upa and Sali are players I really think will flourish under Arteta.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pepe was a top performer at Lille too, Rabiot was too at a better team than ours so what's your point other than trying to make excuses in case Arteta fails?
In Ligue 1 though, massive jump to the PL, Pepe looks like the shadow of the player he was. Even Rabiot, was frozen out at PSG and hasn’t played much in Italy. Will need time to come here and make adjustments.

My post was more on the type of player we’re signing and fan expectation on the player. Just think we need to be realistic with guys like Saliba or Upamacano who’ll be come here at 19 and 21 and trying to play CB in England.

Arteta was more a side comment, but I do see a big job for him considering the improvements we need on a budget, while most of our rivals will have bigger spending. Emery at least had a weaker league with a poor Utd, Chelsea, Sp**s etc but we couldn’t take advantage.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Upa and Sali are players I really think will flourish under Arteta.
Could be the case, but I’m reading Bundesliga viewers on here say that Upamacano is regularly making mistakes atm - that will more than likely continue for a while in a tougher league next season if he came here.

We have to be realistic.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Could be the case, but I’m reading Bundesliga viewers on here say that Upamacano is regularly making mistakes atm - that will more than likely continue for a while in a tougher league next season if he came here.

We have to be realistic.
But the talent is there. If we wait for him to iron out all the flaws in his game, we might end up not signing him because once he has finished developing, we won't be the only club after him.

Laporte was also error prone while in Bilbao. Pep and Arteta help him iron out those flaws.

Sterling was inconsistent, again pep and Arteta helped him to develop the tactical side of his game.

What I'm excited about is that for the first time, we have a manager that can coach players one on one.

goonerfamily

I think this is exactly why Pepe is not playing. I genuinely believe Artetas first choice would be to start Pepe but we are too vulnerable without a genuine right back. I also think Pepe would benefit from having someone to overlap but given AMN is a natural CM, Arteta has chosen to use him as an inverted fullback rather than as a wing back. Therefore, if you play Pepe and AMN together on that right side, they are easy to defend against. This is because you can show Pepe onto his rubbish weak foot and AMN is not available to over/under lap or alternatively you force Pepe centrally into lots of bodies. Nelson theoretically pairs better with AMN because he is more astute defensively and is naturally right footed so can provide width without an overlapping fullback

Godwin1

Very well-known
He'll be gone if he doesn't push for top 4 next season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Think the overall thing to watch out for any signing should be whether they got the tools to make it here big time in the future rather than some middle-way fix along the road.

We've got a limited budget and it will only deminish further, if we cannot turn it around soon. I want players that have the physical attributes and everything else that is required to make it to the top in the PL after being coached for a while by Arteta.

Players like Saliba and Upa should not be expected to carry this team as soon as they arrive but rather be solid in what they do now and worldclass when Arteta has had the time to get them to their personal best in around 2 years. It's wasted time imo for getting a potential elite manager in, for a long term project to build on youth and then have players are have central flaws to their game which will always be a bottleneck in the end.
Xhaka was worldclass at passing, but **** at the physical side and far too slow.

Upa and Saliba excite me as they don't seem to lack significant bits, but rather are just quite raw so far.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He'll be gone if he doesn't push for top 4 next season.

I think you need to get ready for another two seasons outside the top four. If we play our cards well we could be playing Champions League football next year, although I think its a bit too soon for that.

Let us finish between 8-10th this year, and have a season in the Premier League next year.

2022-23 is really the first proper season for Arteta.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It's going to be almost impossible to get in the top 4 next season I feel. Leicester and Wolves will improve again, Everton will back Carlo in the market for sure. I also think Man Utd are a much better side than they are given credit for. If they sign a bit more class and creativity in midfield and another forward this summer could be pretty decent again. Chelsea will go big in the market after the transfer ban.

We have the youngest squad in the Premiership and with the likes of Auba, Xhaka, Özil , Sokratis, Mustafi, Luiz potentially leaving we will most likely only get younger. The fans and the board need to show extreme patience as long as there are signs of improvement as we aren't going to turn around a few years of mismanagement for at least 18 months maybe longer.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom