• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Too late, he's joining Atletico. Maybe the Mertens rumours had legs?

And with regards to a British core? Been there and done that. Grealish isn't that special imo. Would take Dunk and Zaha (technically British) though.
Shame about Cavani. I wanted Laca to go to Atleti. Mertens could be ok. It's about time we had a decent Belgian. Get Insigne too while we're at it. I'm not sure about Dunk.

Reactions: roz

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
3 players out of contract this summer caught my eye:

Ryan Fraser - could guarantee him first team football as we're crying out for a left winger.

Meunier - ideal RB to either replace or compete with those already here

Gotze - does he have much left in the tank? Super player few years back

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
3 players out of contract this summer caught my eye:

Ryan Fraser - could guarantee him first team football as we're crying out for a left winger.

Meunier - ideal RB to either replace or compete with those already here

Gotze - does he have much left in the tank? Super player few years back

Fraser would be a great pick up if we wished to play with 4 in midfield or wing backs from time to time. Would pass on the other 2.

truth_hurts

January - Dunk or Upamecano 40 - 50m, Mertens, (10m I WANT ZAHA) Ceballos and Jovic (swap for Auba) - 60m

Out: Mustafi (15m), Xhaka (30m), El Nenny (10m), Mkhi (10m) and Auba (Ceballos and Jovic). 65m

---------------------------------Leno--------------------------------------
----------------Dunk---------------------Luiz----------------------------
--Bellerin------------------------------------------------------Tierney--
----------------------Torreria---------Ceballos-------------------------
-----------Pepe----------------Özil---------------Mertens-------------
------------------------------Jovic----------------------------------------

Summer: Koulibailly (70m), Rabiot or Dacoure (30m).

Out - Sokratis (10m), Lacazette (55m), Özil (5m)

----------------Dunk--------------Koulibailly----------------------------
----------------------Torreria---------Rabiot-------------------------
-----------Pepe----------------Ceballos-----Mertens/Martinelli------

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
January - Dunk or Upamecano 40 - 50m, Mertens, (10m I WANT ZAHA) Ceballos and Jovic (swap for Auba) - 60m

Out: Mustafi (15m), Xhaka (30m), El Nenny (10m), Mkhi (10m) and Auba (Ceballos and Jovic). 65m

----------------Dunk---------------------Luiz----------------------------
----------------------Torreria---------Ceballos-------------------------
-----------Pepe----------------Özil---------------Mertens-------------

Summer: Koulibailly (70m), Rabiot or Dacoure (30m).

Out - Sokratis (10m), Lacazette (55m), Özil (5m)

----------------Dunk--------------Koulibailly----------------------------
----------------------Torreria---------Rabiot-------------------------
-----------Pepe----------------Ceballos-----Mertens/Martinelli------
2 physical midfielders? You want to play long ball to bypass our beautiful midfield passing play? Where are the technique and passing in our midfield?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Loan Nelson. Get Hakim Ziyech and another CB. Luiz can play Xhaka's (if he is off) position until Ceballos returns from injury.
Must not sell Auba this Jan window.
We need goals. Ziyech create lots and score some
Ziyech is a great player.
And I like your thinking. Xhaka must be replaced with a good passer. And Luiz is capable of that.

truth_hurts

2 physical midfielders? You want to play long ball to bypass our beautiful midfield passing play? Where are the technique and passing in our midfield?

I'd rather play like Liverpool then Man City. Physical midfielders win the ball back quickly and get it to attacking players in dangerous areas. I'm bored of technical widgets. Where have you gotten the idea of long ball from?

WiscoGooner8

I'd rather play like Liverpool then Man City. Physical midfielders win the ball back quickly and get it to attacking players in dangerous areas. I'm bored of technical widgets. Where have you gotten the idea of long ball from?

Why not have both? Kevin De Bruyne isn’t a widget, neither is Rodri. Hell all of them were aggressive and took the ball off us easily. The only technically good midfielders we have are Özil and Ceballos, one of which is 31 and lacking aggression and the other is injured.

truth_hurts

Why not have both? Kevin De Bruyne isn’t a widget, neither is Rodri. Hell all of them were aggressive and took the ball off us easily. The only technically good midfielders we have are Özil and Ceballos, one of which is 31 and lacking aggression and the other is injured.

I think technicality is so overrated. How technical were the midfields of Mourinho or Conte's Chelsea, Ranieri' Leicester or how technical are Klopp's Liverpool midfield that are 13 points clear?

I'd rather see us become more robust. Manchester City have been blessed with 2 of the leagues greatest ever players in KDB and Silva, it can work but it's been the exception rather than the rule.

Tsl

Grealish. I’ve had my doubts about him, but what a player he is turning into. He can both play as a LW and in midfield. He would probably be cheap if Villa goes down as well. Would be an ideal transfer.

WiscoGooner8

I think technicality is so overrated. How technical were the midfields of Mourinho or Conte's Chelsea, Ranieri' Leicester or how technical are Klopp's Liverpool midfield that are 13 points clear?

I'd rather see us become more robust. Manchester City have been blessed with 2 of the leagues greatest ever players in KDB and Silva, it can work but it's been the exception rather than the rule.

I think a mix is needed. Fabinho is good technically, as is their front 3. City’s front 3 and their backups are all technically gifted. You need creation somewhere, but you also need the physicality to allow the creative players to do their jobs without leaving the team exposed. We don’t have technical players in our front 3 or midfield so we can’t create, and we don’t have any enforcers so we are exposed as well.

CJJ

Established Member
You spell Tonali wrong. And it’s not wise to bold a word that you are unsure of its spelling.
Nah mate. The time is for premier league proven footballers. Remember how Liverpool turned their ship around? They got Milner, Mane, Wijnaldum etc. Proven premer league footballers none of the other big clubs wanted because they heard about this prospect in [insert country here] who proved himself in an entirely different league.
We need a spine that can hold their own in the premier league, hence Doucouré is the man we should get. He would be perfect.

Gunner-Union

Nah mate. The time is for premier league proven footballers. Remember how Liverpool turned their ship around? They got Milner, Mane, Wijnaldum etc. Proven premer league footballers none of the other big clubs wanted because they heard about this prospect in [insert country here] who proved himself in an entirely different league.
We need a spine that can hold their own in the premier league, hence Doucouré is the man we should get. He would be perfect.

would love doucoure and grealish and dunk as cb

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How about Neves

CJJ

Established Member
How about Neves
Neves is a good shout, but I feel like the one thing we certainly need in our midfield is physicality, and Doucoure would bring that in abundance. Additionally i reckon he'll be cheaper as well.
Ideally i'd want them both but i don't think we can have that AND a quality CB, so if i had to pick i'd go for Doucoure.

Top Bottom