• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It's going to be almost impossible to get in the top 4 next season I feel. Leicester and Wolves will improve again, Everton will back Carlo in the market for sure. I also think Man Utd are a much better side than they are given credit for. If they sign a bit more class and creativity in midfield and another forward this summer could be pretty decent again. Chelsea will go big in the market after the transfer ban.

We have the youngest squad in the Premiership and with the likes of Auba, Xhaka, Özil , Sokratis, Mustafi, Luiz potentially leaving we will most likely only get younger. The fans and the board need to show extreme patience as long as there are signs of improvement as we aren't going to turn around a few years of mismanagement for at least 18 months maybe longer.

This is premised by the fact that the board will behave in the manner they have been over the years. For me, that is the key variable in this discussion.

We are a superior club to Wolves, Everton, Leicester and Sp**s and we should be behaving this way. The club needs to put down the investment needed to get back on track, and that means the acquisition of 6/7 quality players over the next 4 transfer windows.

We should be competing for top four again in 2021-22 with Sp**s, United and Chelsea. 2022-23 onwards we should be the third best team in England again.

TornadoTed

Established Member
This is premised by the fact that the board will behave in the manner they have been over the years. For me, that is the key variable in this discussion.

We are a superior club to Wolves, Everton, Leicester and Sp**s and we should be behaving this way. The club needs to put down the investment needed to get back on track, and that means the acquisition of 6/7 quality players over the next 4 transfer windows.

We should be competing for top four again in 2021-22 with Sp**s, United and Chelsea. 2022-23 onwards we should be the third best team in England again.

My biggest hope is that Edu will be the game changer. I don't trust Raul and Vinai on their own but now we have a proper football man in their ears all the time I hope they steer our squad building in the right direction.

I agree we still have an edge over Leicester, Wolves, Everton and Sp**s because of our matchday income, commercial deals and World wide appeal. Just like we need to match every team we play with the same work rate and intensity on the pitch we need to match every team off the pitch with intelligent player recruitment and squad building.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
My biggest hope is that Edu will be the game changer.....

......need to match every team off the pitch with intelligent player recruitment and squad building.

That's my hope as well. We keep on talking about Kroenke sanctioning investment but lack of spending hasn't been the issue recently. Pepe, Auba, Lacazette have all joined for pretty big fees over successive windows. It's how we've spent it has been the problem.

We made Mustafi one of the top 11 or 12 defenders of all time while splashing out on Laca AND Auba just seems insane given the gaps elsewhere in the squad

SA Gunner

My biggest hope is that Edu will be the game changer. I don't trust Raul and Vinai on their own but now we have a proper football man in their ears all the time I hope they steer our squad building in the right direction.

I agree we still have an edge over Leicester, Wolves, Everton and Sp**s because of our matchday income, commercial deals and World wide appeal. Just like we need to match every team we play with the same work rate and intensity on the pitch we need to match every team off the pitch with intelligent player recruitment and squad building.

And that is the fundamental issue we have had at our club for the last 6 years at most... we are a super club behaving like a small club, limiting ourselves and suffering as a result.

Its going to take time and proper football minds to get us where we belong, but it shouldnt take as long to re-establish ourselves as a top four side, playing in the Champions League. Granted we will likely need 7 plus players, but it is possible... with this ownership.

To take it to elite level status however, we going to need new ownership, and likely selling our souls. Quietly hoping for some middle eastern money to come in, backing Arteta and bringing Wenger back to the club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ancelotti- 2 games, 6 points
Arteta - 2 games, 1 point

I like what I'm seeing from Arteta, but he CAN NOT lose 2 home games on the bounce.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tell that to our players Arteta also could've started with 6-4 points if our stopped being c**ts

In a weird way, Chelsea's second goal might have been a blessing. That kind of goal has been a staple of what's been happening to us for a number of years. I believe Arteta will clamp that early.

SA Gunner

We could have had six points on the board, that's how much we have picked up since Arteta came in.

I am confident we will end the season positively.. its just a question of us building the team for next season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wish we got Arteta in the summer, or at least after we lost to Leicester, as he would have had a full international break to get some time with the team...think we would be in a better position if we acted sooner than we did.

The performances are good, which will put us in good stead for next season.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think you need to get ready for another two seasons outside the top four. If we play our cards well we could be playing Champions League football next year, although I think its a bit too soon for that.

Let us finish between 8-10th this year, and have a season in the Premier League next year.

2022-23 is really the first proper season for Arteta.
He'll get a season and a half which I think is about right, if we don't see progression by the end of next season he's gone. Keep in mind he'll have had 3 transfer windows by then and we have to temper our expectations depending on our business, but in regards to the original post I quoted finishing outside of top 6 next season would be a disaster.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
If he's not pushing for top 4 then it would not be a mistake, bear in mind I said push as in seeing progression.
Sure, but we are seeing progression just two games in.

Put Klopp as our coach and we wouldn't be faring much better. The squad is just too poor/unbalanced.

Back Arteta in the transfer windows, heavily.

SA Gunner

Sure, but we are seeing progression just two games in.

Put Klopp as our coach and we wouldn't be faring much better. The squad is just too poor/unbalanced.

Back Arteta in the transfer windows, heavily.

Pretty much this.

I remember Liverpool fans themselves calling for Klopp's head after a season, if not more.

The key issue is that we see progress under Arteta and proper backing in the transfer market. We arent going to get Man City level players, but if we address the areas that need addressing with decent to good quality, I think we will be back where we belong sooner rather than later.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Mikel isn’t a short-term hire, and I’m more interested in the performances than the results at this point in time.
I agree, but at the same time, we're in a position where another home defeat could gut these players to the point where they have no guts left, and getting anything out of any game could become a real problem. We simply can't afford to lose here.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Ancelotti- 2 games, 6 points
Arteta - 2 games, 1 point

I like what I'm seeing from Arteta, but he CAN NOT lose 2 home games on the bounce.

Emery also got six points from Burnley at home and Newcastle away. Clearly a bit different from playing Chelsea and United back to back whilst in the midst of an injury crisis.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He can, he might, and it honestly would not bother me too much if he did.

Mikel isn’t a short-term hire, and I’m more interested in the performances than the results at this point in time.
I'm nodding in agreement while most likely still smashing my phone on the pavement after the game.

Arteta needs 5 year backing not 1.5.

He need Kroenke to sack the bum Raul worst human being at the club. Then he needs to get someone in that can actually make a good transfer. And then we need 4-5 transfers windows to fix the mess Raul put us in with his disgustingly poor transfers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom