• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

What do you guys think of Kalvin Phillips? He looks a solid holding midfielder. I'm telling you the championship and EFL have some good players who could make the step up. I also think Cameron Brannagan (at Oxford currently and formerly at Liverpool) can make the step up.

I’m from Leeds so I watch them as much as I can and Phillips really isn’t good enough if you have ambitions of champions league and upwards. Torreira is far far superior. A lot of people I know rave about him but every time I watch him I think he looks extremely uncomfortable with the ball, especially if pressured. I’m not sure about raiding the championship as a strategy for getting back into the champions league either

ChefMan21

There might be one or two good young players in the Championship that could provide good squad depth, but if we're serious about winning the title, then we need to look at those good young players in top tier leagues. They will provide great support to those experienced and top players from top tier leagues we should be signing to build a strong first XI. We're a massive, massive club that can support big players.

Hjalmaar

I might be a bit biased as a Finn but I really think Kamara will grow to be a big player in the next few years. He was the most important player (along with Pukki) to help us qualify to the first major tournament of our history. I watched him closely during the qualifications (three times from the stands) and he was absolutely bossing the midfield against the likes of Greece and Bosnia. Didn't look out of his depth against Italy either.

There was only four players in European qualifiers that had more successful passes than Kamara. They were Kimmich, Alderweireld, Jorginho and Ramos. Two of them are defenders and all of them play for countries that dominate the possession heavily in most matches. Those stats can be found here: https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/statistics/

Edit: His passing accuracy was 93%.

He's very smart and tidy player. Good passing and positioning, reads the game well, knows how to tackle, can carry the ball and has a great engine. I'm not convinced he is the answer to our midfield right now, but he has all the tools to become it.

Wouldn't mind him at all.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What’s this sudden fascination with Championship players? When did that model work for top PL clubs? Not against it but it’s the long route.

We looked at Mings 3/4 years ago, it’s only now that he looks half decent and the jury is still out. Very rare for players to join a top 6 club from the championship and offer something.

Daniel James seems to be working out pretty well for Manchester United.

Of course there are only going to be a handful of players who are ready to help a top 6 club, but that's where you have to trust your scouting to figure out just who those players might be. If you can find them, you'll naturally get them at a more reasonable price than those who are Premier League proven. When you have Palace demanding £80 million for a £40 million player such as Zaha, sometimes you have to try to find some of those proverbial "hidden gems."

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Haven't watched Kamara but could be a nice player to have around if Xhaka leaves, and we bring another mid

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If The Kroenke 's have watched this game we can lock the Upamecano thread...

I might be a bit biased as a Finn but I really think Kamara will grow to be a big player in the next few years. He was the most important player (along with Pukki) to help us qualify to the first major tournament of our history. I watched him closely during the qualifications (three times from the stands) and he was absolutely bossing the midfield against the likes of Greece and Bosnia. Didn't look out of his depth against Italy either.

There was only four players in European qualifiers that had more successful passes than Kamara. They were Kimmich, Alderweireld, Jorginho and Ramos. Two of them are defenders and all of them play for countries that dominate the possession heavily in most matches. Those stats can be found here: https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/statistics/

He's very smart and tidy player. Good passing and positioning, reads the game well, knows how to tackle, can carry the ball and has a great engine. I'm not convinced he is the answer to our midfield right now, but he has all the tools to become it.

Just watched his youtube compilation. He looks like quite a player. Looks like he could also cover several positions if needed?

teamsoutheast

If we can get Rabiot on loan with an option to buy that would be such good business. We need cover in the midfield position to give Torreira/Xhaka a rest from time to time. He should be available now that Kulusevski has agreed to move to Juventus. Upamencano on top of that would be incredible. Things should start moving fast with transfer news as Mikel said he'd be speaking to Raul and Edu today about Loans/transfets.

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
Mikhi was very poor so far in Roma. I seriously doubt someone pays for him next summer

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

All these names are being thrown around here but would anyone take Tyrone Mings from Villa?

He’s been fantastic whenever I’ve watched Aston Villa although I doubt they’d sell him in January. Hopefully Aston Villa go down and we get Mings and Grealish in a double deal.

Zazu

I watch ALOT of Scottish football and agree with pretty much all of this. Not sure if he's quite at our level yet but there's definitely a top top player in there.

I remember seeing a statistical comparison of all the Scottish leagues top centre mids when he was at dundee, and he had some the of best numbers despite playing in the team that came bottom that year.

Was in the top 2 or 3 for interceptions p90, deep progressions p90, dribbles p90 and pass completion.

Definitely has the potential to be a top class deep lying playmaker, is excellent in tight spaces and extremely press resistant. Would like to see him add a wider range of passing to his game if he was to come to us, as whenever I've seen him he's mainly kept it short and simple.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
All these names are being thrown around here but would anyone take Tyrone Mings from Villa?

He’s been fantastic whenever I’ve watched Aston Villa although I doubt they’d sell him in January. Hopefully Aston Villa go down and we get Mings and Grealish in a double deal.

NO! he's bang average as are most of that Villa squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom