• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
But lookng at that front 4 today and the previous 2 games, they have done exactly what Emery was being bashed for asking from them.. Hard work, attack and defend as a team.. And we are all happy.
Isn't it?

When you are happy, you are more motivated and more willing to do the dirty work. When you as an attacking player is barely touching the ball or is playing in a way you hate it's natural the intensity drops.. In the end the offensive contributions will always be the most important part for attacking players and we are looking so much better there already.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You saw how that Chelsea lost felt? Give it like 10 games, maybe even wait till next season before having hope again.
I'll want a run of at least five consistent good performances before I allow myself to feel again.:lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
But how come people kept going on about how Emery should not make our attacking players run about like headless chickens blah blah?
What he asking them to do was right but may be they did not respect him.
But all I remember is that people came up with catchphrases like "Such and such player should never be asked to track back, press, win back the ball, defend as part of a team etc". Instead we were told that so and so should just remain in the oppositon half waiting for others to fight and win the ball, then deliver it to him so that he can do find space and find defense splitting passes that no one else can pull off.

But lookng at that front 4 today and the previous 2 games, they have done exactly what Emery was being bashed for asking from them.. Hard work, attack and defend as a team.. And we are all happy.
Isn't it?
Exactly. People were just intent on defending their favs at all costs.

"Imagine asking *insert name of fav player* to runaround and tackle LMAO". We all saw it, and it wont take a minute to retrieve the posts. Now we see the effort, the mental gymnastics tournament gets under way! Hurrah!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Man, I hope this isn't another false dawn. My heart can't take another one.

Also can somebody post xG stats for this (and also for the Chelsea) game please?

ojyhdox.png

Just enjoy the win mate, go out on the town and get hammered or something ;)

TakeChillPill

Established Member
But how come people kept going on about how Emery should not make our attacking players run about like headless chickens blah blah?
What he asking them to do was right but may be they did not respect him.
But all I remember is that people came up with catchphrases like "Such and such player should never be asked to track back, press, win back the ball, defend as part of a team etc". Instead we were told that so and so should just remain in the oppositon half waiting for others to fight and win the ball, then deliver it to him so that he can do find space and find defense splitting passes that no one else can pull off.

Isn't it?

Key word is Philsophy! Emery didn't have one (or one that we can clearly see). No one is going to run for the sake of running.

Arteta made the players buy in to his vision of how he sees football being played. They've bought in to it, running is a key part of it! They've accepted it!

I've given up. Feel like they'll give it to me when I no longer want it.

Or simply never give it to me.

Don't think you can get it. I've been with American Gooner in football thread where he is attacking people who jerk off over other clubs and I think it was always directed at you because you just couldn't shut up about Tottenham for months. :lol:

But you will always be trusted with me! I hope one day you come to Iceland and I will teach you how to hunt puffins!

nick gould

Not surprising at all to me that Arteta is looking so good. Every sign was pointing towards this, from the endorsements of Pep, Wenger, Poch to stories about his obsession with the tactical side even as a player, from him taking on an active, speaking role with the team as a captain to his La Masia background and time spent as Pep's assistant.

I was optimistic enough about Arteta taking the helm that it prompted me to join the forum. My manager.
Don't forget the disappointment of not making it at Barcelona. Pep became even more motivated to do well as a coach because he had to end his playing career relatively early. Football was moving to physically commanding midfielders it the Vieira mode.

The time spent at Rangers would help strengthen his resolve and work ethics. Same applies to the time spent playing for Moyes. The spanking he received playing for Arsenal against big teams would have shown him how tactical naive Wenger was. All those things will have combined to make a highly driven and effective manager

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It's a new year and a new dawn, I think Arteta did a good job today but he still as to figure how to get us playing all 90 minutes.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Man, I hope this isn't another false dawn. My heart can't take another one.

Also can somebody post xG stats for this (and also for the Chelsea) game please?
The players aren’t good enough to play well consistently. We may well lose the next game 3-0 due to individual errors :lol: but Arteta isn’t a false dawn...

Latest posts

Top Bottom