• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

sykesy69

Shad Forsyth is still there but Emery has his own fitness people so he probably took a back seat while Emery and his staff was here. As to your first point, it probably can’t be fixed now until preseason. That’s when they put in most of the fitness work. They might start to get used to it between now and the end of the season but I don’t think we’ll get 70-90 minutes of it until next season.
I'm pretty sure the manager will have a level of fitness he wants the team to achieve, then it's up to the fitness coach to get them there. Emery's base level might of been below what Arteta wants, plus the fact the players no longer believed in his project, they may have allowed their levels to drop.

Pretty sure there was the inquiry at the end of last season as to why our levels dropped end of season and EL final in particular and D Burgess was let go. We had 2 people covering the same role, the Emery left and had none (Shad will have taken over now), but it seemed as if Emery didn't want a repeat this year and dialled training down??

I believe with a period of 1 game a week, we can build the levels back up. They have to train that intensity and and aggression and it will become 2nd nature.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I'm pretty sure the manager will have a level of fitness he wants the team to achieve, then it's up to the fitness coach to get them there. Emery's base level might of been below what Arteta wants, plus the fact the players no longer believed in his project, they may have allowed their levels to drop.

Pretty sure there was the inquiry at the end of last season as to why our levels dropped end of season and EL final in particular and D Burgess was let go. We had 2 people covering the same role, the Emery left and had none (Shad will have taken over now), but it seemed as if Emery didn't want a repeat this year and dialled training down??

I believe with a period of 1 game a week, we can build the levels back up. They have to train that intensity and and aggression and it will become 2nd nature.

There’s the two week winter break in February as well. Could be a good time for a training camp abroad somewhere to get fitness levels up for an end of season run in the Europa.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Our manager :drool:

tenor.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Of course! I use to run back home from school to watch it.

Tbh I think I use to love Beyblade the most though.

Had one of the most ridiculously awesome themes ever!

Another fav of mine!

Pepes blue pill

Alright back on topic fashionista's

How will Arteta solve our stamina issue? Tbh I feel like we were there for the taking in the second half, a better team could've salvaged a draw. I feel like away from home it's gonna bite us badly.

Whatever happened to that Brad Forsyth guy we got so hyped about? Was he another myth like Mislintat?

Gotta go coach carter on them, be pressing **** not to get this lot to perform suicides until they are fit enough to play artetas way

BigPoppaPump

Gotta go coach carter on them, be pressing **** not to get this lot to perform suicides until they are fit enough to play artetas way

Hahaha no way these guys could handle Coach Carter's fitness regime. I remember the first game when they were like we haven't practiced Basketball, and he was like 'well what did we practice' and they realised they're faster than everyone.

BigPoppaPump

Had one of the most ridiculously awesome themes ever!

Another fav of mine!

I still know all the words to Beyblade theme song off by heart.

Also didn't know anyone else knew about Gundam Wing lmao I was gonna change my account name to Zechs Merquise and put his picture as my avatar.

This are the two best Anime dubbed theme songs tho:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Just listened to Arteta's press conference after the game. What a breath of fresh air. The guy is cool, calm and collected. He is smart, articulate and confident. He was born for this.

He's doing something right , haven't seen this squad so happy in 2 years . Seeing Özil and Laca - the two moodiest blokes on the pitch grin and hug each other after after they ****ed up an attack in the 2nd half was an eye opener how quickly he has changed the atmosphere at the Club.

Manberg

Predator
Arteta is getting the right tactics from the start but I think that fitness issues, lack of quality on the bench and lack of time training alternative tactics on the training pitches are the reason he hasn’t been able to make tactical changes during matches. The talk about him getting “out-tacticed” by Lampard was very harsh and undeserved.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Alright back on topic fashionistas

How will Arteta solve our stamina issue? Tbh I feel like we were there for the taking in the second half, a better team could've salvaged a draw. I feel like away from home it's gonna bite us badly.

Whatever happened to that Brad Forsyth guy we got so hyped about? Was he another myth like Mislintat?

That is why to have good exciting attacking football you need a strong defense. It's impossible to maintain Arteta's high intensity football for 90 minutes, especially when our current players are less athletic than what we had even back 5 years ago. Our players need to learn when to shoot their gas tank and when to conserve it, and they need to learn how to grind out results even when their gas tank is empty. We would have beaten Chelsea if we didn't concede 2 goals cheaply against them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom