• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm hoping that as his fitness improves so will his finishing. Anyone who's played football knows the difference that even being slightly winded can make to your finishing ability.

I wish it was that simple though, think his confidence is going a bit. Noticing him passing when he should shoot at times. I do smell a return to form though.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
So even when he performs great, which he did today if you have any conception or understanding of the game, he gets criticized. Some posters man, ffs. Even i am going soft for Özil now, cuz he deserves it.

He’s our striker and he hasn’t been clinical lately. It could cost us games. No one is saying he’s **** and contributes nothing, I mostly see people acknowledging that he gave an overall positive impact today. But if he’s gonna be up front, he’s going to need to finish chances. He’s got it in him for sure.

OmegaOs

I will give him a 7/10 performance, it was better than it has been in weeks and I will always respect him for his workrate. Hopefully this game adds a few million onto his valuation. There are times when he does too much, he needs to release the ball quicker, he's probably the biggest issue when it comes to us attacking on transitions.

Fallout

very happy that we saw some nice turns and pirouettes to get by defenders. he's been in atrocious form lately, but at least we are seeing some of the dribbling ability coming back. that turn on maguire is something he used to do routinely last season, and it had mysteriously disappeared this season.

Manberg

Predator
Impressed by his hold up and linking play today, shades of Giroud. There was a moment he turned an £80m defender around.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He ran so much he got cramp in the end and forced Arteta to sub him. That's the performance level we need from him. 'Run your cotton socks off!!!' If he keeps the work rate up he will get so much fitter.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I, just like all love to see his insane work rate and what he does for the team BUT I wonder if that could be his downfall and the reason he isnt scoring enough, I also think he needs to calm the **** down, all his pot shots, miss kicks and bad control appear to stem from being so intense, I wonder if he would be best being 'ice cold' in front of goal instead of the raging inferno he seems to be currently..

Problem is I'm not sure there is a balance, you either get his hard working dog side or the ice cold killer?

I dont remember him being like this at Lyon or when he first joined us, he was more calm, has he always been this way?

Interested to see what Arteta does with him!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Clear why Arteta is starting him up top rather than Aubameyang, as he provides a bit better pressing on the cbs and his body strength (insert body shaming joke here) is better than PEA's.

Held the ball like a pro and I felt that we had more second ball recoveries than we've had in a good while.

JoaoFelix

I remember people saying with Auba and laca on the pitch we wouldn’t be balanced which is totally false since the Arteta appointment. Lacazette was absolutely fantastic against Man United with and without the ball, it was his best game despite the fact he didn’t score.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I am pretty sure he will start scoring again soon. All strikers go through dry spells on and off. And with him working as hard as he is balls are going to start falling his way and then he'll start putting them away again.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I remember people saying with Auba and laca on the pitch we wouldn’t be balanced which is totally false since the Arteta appointment. Lacazette was absolutely fantastic against Man United with and without the ball, it was his best game despite the fact he didn’t score.
It's still not ideal imo long term, as I'd rather Auba down the middle with a true and true left midfielder that can break the lines and allow Kola/Tierney to overlap and interchange. Auba doesn't offer much technically from the flanks as his movement and interchange tends to be rather ineffective, however I've been impressed with his work ethic and pressing and his pace is obviously deadly.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I rate him more than most here but there's no way he can hold off Martinelli for much longer. The only argument in his favour is his experience, but everything else goes in Martinelli favour and I do wonder if experience is overrated in this case.
No matter how much he works for the team under Arteta, Martinellis will give twice as much with some goals on top of that.

JoaoFelix

It's still not ideal imo long term, as I'd rather Auba down the middle with a true and true left midfielder that can break the lines and allow Kola/Tierney to overlap and interchange. Auba doesn't offer much technically from the flanks as his movement and interchange tends to be rather ineffective, however I've been impressed with his work ethic and pressing and his pace is obviously deadly.
You know the team better than Arteta then. He Wont offer much technically in the middle. There’s a reason Arteta keeps playing laca instead of Auba despite his scoring ratio.

JoaoFelix

I rate him more than most here but there's no way he can hold off Martinelli for much longer. The only argument in his favour is his experience, but everything else goes in Martinelli favour and I do wonder if experience is overrated in this case.
No matter how much he works for the team under Arteta, Martinellis will give twice as much with some goals on top of that.
laca is clearly way better than martinell with the ball. Martinelli will probably offer more without the ball but that’s all. Laca last game clearly showed why Arteta keeps trusting him. With and without the ball he was magnificent, his link up was elite. Like I said it was his best game. All this with Özil, Pepe preforming aswell. So why change ?

It has actually worked better than before under Emery and Wenger. Arteta seems to be getting something out of it.

But I think we would be fools to not believe that a dribbling winger on the left flank instead of Auba could wreck a lot more havoc in opposition defense. His passing is lacking also in many cases.

JoaoFelix

It has actually worked better than before under Emery and Wenger. Arteta seems to be getting something out of it.

But I think we would be fools to not believe that a dribbling winger on the left flank instead of Auba could wreck a lot more havoc in opposition defense. His passing is lacking also in many cases.
It would be fools to forget about what laca brings to this team. Watch his performance again and come back tell me what you think. All of them performed. There was a good balance. I love Martinelli and think he has a big future ahead. Some of y’all acting like he’s mbappe.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
laca is clearly way better than martinell with the ball. Martinelli will probably offer more without the ball but that’s all. Laca last game clearly showed why Arteta keeps trusting him. With and without the ball he was magnificent, his link up was elite. Like I said it was his best game. All this with Özil, Pepe preforming aswell. So why change ?
He is really not... Laca has a history of bad touches in crucial moments which gives defenders a chance to block him even when they shouldn't have any chances.
Laca will offer something more outside of the box when holding the ball and bringing others into the game while younger players usually make bad decisions in that area.
Martinelli wins in everything else like in pressing, movement, finishing, and his ability on the ball to make himself space for shooting.

Now, do we need a deadlier striker or do we need someone who will help us in transition? None of our strikers provide all of that

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah I can’t subscribe to Martenelli outclassing Lacazette in every department except experience.

The only thing Martenelli has over Laca is he can/is willing to play on the left which allows Auba in the middle.

StefanB

To be honest I think Martinelli's link-up and hold-up play is underrated.

I'd honestly give him a shot to make the CF role his own if Lacazette doesn't start scoring. At the moment though I'd have him as the understudy for Laca/Auba.

Also agree with the others saying that Aubameyang just doesn't offer enough as the lone CF. His all-around play just isn't good enough, and his hold-up play is non existent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom