• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The team has some serious fitness issues. In Emery's first few months, he tried playing the high intensity game too but the players were not fit enough to deliver all through 90 minutes. For those who remember, in those early months, we played only half of 90 minutes - the second half. First half, the opposition walked all over us and sometimes scored a goal or two. Second half, we play our game and win/draw the game. Looks like the current team will continue with that but this time in the reverse i.e. play well first half, hope to score a goal or two and defend in second half and hope to counter.

Not sure how we will sort this out now. I remember Emery's first pre-season, they had this massive fitness workouts but that didn't seem to help. Will like to see how Arteta solves this problem when he has his first pre-season.

Liverpool had similar problems under Klopp at the start where they pressed and pressed and then ultimately ran out of steam.

Now they seem to press but in a much more controlled way for different periods of time in the game. Its maybe why they have been so good and haven't looked leggy despite the number of games.

Hopefully rather than going one half all guns blazing and the second half nothing if we can control the pressing to some in first half and second we might see further improvement.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Signs of a good manager when a bunch of players go a few levels up. Or rather a sign of a bad manager when a bunch of players go a few levels down. Probably a bit of both.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I'm all for sustaining a consistent pressing game throughout 90 minutes, but I don't think we'll be able to improve much on that from January onwards, as these are the things you work on during pre season. The average age of yesterday's starting eleven was beyond 27, I don't think there's much left to improve in terms of fitness, without changing much of the personnel.

I'd say we should stick to a more energetic first half/60 minutes and then containing the opposition in the second half, that could as well improve our defensive resilience as a side effect.

It's not about inviting pressure per se but more about accepting that our fitness levels aren't going to improve much, yet it's important for Arteta to fully implement his philosophy.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Yeah, some of us were on the Arteta train as soon as Wenger left. Shame we got laughed at. :lol:

So glad we didn't get moaning Mourinho, the guy the Spuds sacked or the old guard doing the rounds like West Ham went for. We've done so much better. Arteta ouzes class.

Wenger II.
I couldn't believe some people genuinely wanted Mourinho here. That would be the end of this club.

Mou at Arsenal would have been heresy. The dude is toxic. Let's 'Sp**s
"enjoy" his shenanigans.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This club was cocooned up against a wall, ready to get face-hugged to death...Arteta coming to the club like, “not on my damn watch!”

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Arteta even has a Pep roll neck jumper
Yeah, some of us were on the Arteta train as soon as Wenger left. Shame we got laughed at. :lol:

So glad we didn't get moaning Mourinho, the guy the Spuds sacked or the old guard doing the rounds like West Ham went for. We've done so much better. Arteta ouzes class.

Wenger II.

Tbf if we had taken Arteta when Wenger left, how much education would he have missed under Pep in the last 18 months. I know we cant answer that but I would guess he's developed further as a manager in the last 18 months. Anyway, he's here now and looking good.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Wenger II.

Checking back there were a few of us on the train months before Wenger left.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I for one, was one of those who weren't convinced with the appointment of Arteta and openly spoke against it.

I begrudgingly signed up when it was all but confirmed, consoling myself with the fact that here was a man who truly was one of us, much like Arsène.

It looks as though I have been proven wrong so far, and likely to be. This is a man of extreme quality, and the best part is that he is only going to get better at his craft, as he learns the nuances of the game.

We must support the manager, and have patience with him. We are dealing with a potential class act here.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta even has a Pep roll neck jumper

Tbf if we had taken Arteta when Wenger left, how much education would he have missed under Pep in the last 18 months. I know we cant answer that but I would guess he's developed further as a manager in the last 18 months. Anyway, he's here now and looking good.
He looks like his own man to me, working with Guardiola will have added experience though, for sure.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Checking back there were a few of us on the train months before Wenger left.
So glad Wenger hung on for two years while the fans were working so hard to make it impossible for him to operate. Gave Arteta a chance to gain valuable experience, and earned us an extra FA Cup. Win, win!

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
he looks like a man who will never struggle with the zip on a down jacket, though I note he goes for the shorter length to make the job easier

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Rewatching the first half again and I still think Arteta would have won his first 2 games if our players looked up a bit more.

Our attacking players don't have that much chemistry or understanding it seems. Looking at the amount of times a player was free on goal and someone didnt look up or look around. Pepe been the biggest culprit so far.

Have to say though, our midfield feels the most balanced part of our team. Havent seen them bully is in the midfield or bypass us.

The pundits honestly summed it up best, everyone seems to know their role and is actually enjoying doing that role.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
ENQ8q5NXsAI8RtI.jpg:large

Interesting from the Athletic on the warm-up under Arteta.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Emery's base level might of been below what Arteta wants, plus the fact the players no longer believed in his project, they may have allowed their levels to drop.
I think Emery did require high fitness levels, the difference between when he first came here and towards the end of his time were so different.

He either gave up on pressing completely or the players did. It’s no surprise that our fitness levels have gradually dropped.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom