• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

He's been equally great and woeful for us in the past and that's the reason why people are happy to see him go.

As I said earlier in the thread. It's a clean slate for all of the players in our squad now. Clearly the new manager has had a massive impact. If Xhaka carries on with his current form and cuts out the silly errors then I'm sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. This applies to quite a few players in our team.

He'll be public enemy #1 again though as soon as he makes a massive error.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Never liked nor rated him but he's been very good under Arteta and he can prove he can maintain that then cool. Really would like him to show some regret to his actions though.

Also he looked more like a captain than ever last night ffs, where was that when things were brutal?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I give him a lot of stick, but credit where credit is due, he's been really good the last couple of games.

Problem with him is always consistency and being better protected on the pitch will help reduce his flaws.

Would still be open to selling in the summer if there were better options available.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He's played very well under Arteta, deserves a lot of credit and is definitely part of our best midfield partnership we can currently put on the pitch.

I still feel so traumatised though. Hard to give him a 'clean slate' after all those cockups. Would be stupid to sell him now, but still hope we buy an upgrade in summer. Up to him if he deserves to stay by the end of the season. For now I'm really happy

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Always knew the lad would do well in a compact system. Glad Arteta is giving it to him. Xhaka Torreira is the way to go, each of them make up for the other's deficiencies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Arteta has given Xhaka a great platform to succeed. Have to say I'm pleased he will be staying for now but we should definitely consider flipping him in the Summer.
You'll change your opinion on that by the summer, just like you already did ;)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Xhaka and Torreira have both been great since Arteta's arrival. they always had some qualities which could make a very good partnership.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He will always have his weaknesses. I'd rather we try to sign someone who can do what he does and is a quicker athlete.
every player has weaknesses, no one is saying Xhaka doesn't.
Just glad many are already realizing he is better then given credit for

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think by playing Torreira alongside him we can mitigate the defensive issues we have with Xhaka.
His ability on the ball is amazing and if we can find a system that gets the best out of him I think we will better for it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Arteta has given Xhaka a great platform to succeed. Have to say I'm pleased he will be staying for now but we should definitely consider flipping him in the Summer.
Yeah I still think the lack of agility and occasional lapses of concentration will still prevent him from being the CM we need.

But I've supported him, even when things got really bad, he's been very unlucky in his time here having joined two systems which set him up to be the fall guy. Unless he's a solid 8/10 for the rest of the season I'd like to sell for someone else. Definitely not in Jan though.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I still think the lack of agility and occasional lapses of concentration will still prevent him from being the CM we need.

But I've supported him, even when things got really bad, he's been very unlucky in his time here having joined two systems which set him up to be the fall guy. Unless he's a solid 8/10 for the rest of the season I'd like to sell for someone else. Definitely not in Jan though.
I think he definitely hasn't been helped by either of his previous coaches here in terms of mitigating his weaknesses and its soured a lot of us on him. If Xhaka can keep this up and Arteta can keep protecting him, it'll be a miracle turnaround.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's been equally great and woeful for us in the past and that's the reason why people are happy to see him go.

As I said earlier in the thread. It's a clean slate for all of the players in our squad now. Clearly the new manager has had a massive impact. If Xhaka carries on with his current form and cuts out the silly errors then I'm sure everyone would be happy for him to stay. This applies to quite a few players in our team.

He'll be public enemy #1 again though as soon as he makes a massive error.
He was hated before because we never saw a performance or string of performances like the one last night. If he plays as competently as he did for the next 10 games or so, then fans will be forgiving of any error because such will no longer be the norm. Look at the love Leno got for his shocker vs Chelsea. The compassion of the fans surprised me tbh but good performances and his obvious remorse make it deserved. Xhaka before cost us goals and showed no outward understanding or sorrow for his error.

musoke

Even Xhaka has been playing well.
Arteta has given everyone a lift. Lets hope it is not the typical New manager syndrome where he gives everyone a lift in their performces..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom