• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

To be fair Song's assist is quite delicious to watch as well, cutting through their mids and backs like butter.

He delivered a few defence splitting passes that season. The one that led to Van Persie's winner at Anfield being my favorite.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...one for the older fans...Arsenal finally defeat Leeds in the 1991 FA cup, after THREE replays...four games, amazing!

...Also, love Limpar's goal in the first replay.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Because we have little options to rotate for this game? He's here, might as well try and get some use out of him, even if it's to give Xhaka/Torreira a breather.

The cups are a distraction now anyway

Play kids for the exposure

progman07

Established Member
You say rotate and then you include Leno, AMN, Luiz, Saka and Nelson? Players that have played at least 3 of the last 4?
:)
Yeah there is absolutely no way we play Luiz, AMN and Saka. We are down to bare bones in defense. Nelson I don't know, he would have time to recover and he badly needs a goal for his confidence.

I'd play:

Martinez
Bellerin (if fit) Holding (if fit) Mustafi Bola
Guendouzi Ceballos
Nelson Willock ESR
Martinelli (if fit)

If there are players who haven't recovered yet, it definitely makes it more difficult, but I'd rather play Mustafi right back and Mavropanos, than risk AMN.

I would go full strength. This is a competition we can challenge for. Leeds are a decent side, this this a chance for us to build momentum.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Be nice to have a cup run. So excited now for every game. Will the kids be able to play two halves of football the Arteta way? I can see Nelson having a stormer. Got a feeling we're going to see the youngsters run riot like we used to see in cup games under Wenger.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait to watch some Northerners slap you soft Southern bastards about. We're taking over London.

MOT

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I would go full strength. This is a competition we can challenge for. Leeds are a decent side, this this a chance for us to build momentum.

The league isn't exactly out of reach, though unlikely. Also, don't forget about Europa being our best chance of scraping into the CL.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
we have won the FA Cup more than any other side - if we don't respect the competition, who will? the loyal fans deserve no less

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
we have won the FA Cup more than any other side - if we don't respect the competition, who will? the loyal fans deserve no less

I absolutely respect the FA cup. But it's not going to help our maintenance and recruitment. We need CL football.

#Davido

Mixture of youth and experience for this. Can’t afford to take Leeds too lightly, they got enough about them to make things difficult. Especially with the Bielsa factor.

Martinez
Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis - Saka
Guendouzi - Willock
Ceballos
E-S-R —— Martinelli
Laca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom