• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why there's so many people here who want Doucuré. Yeah he fits the mold of the physical midfielder we need, but he doesn't have the quality imo. Would be a squaddie and nothing more.

AM love tall, big and black midfielders, that's it.

Newchange

Not sure why there's so many people here who want Doucuré. Yeah he fits the mold of the physical midfielder we need, but he doesn't have the quality imo. Would be a squaddie and nothing more.

Agreed. When it comes to Doucure, physically he’s what we need, but technically he isn’t. We need to kill to birds with one stone. Delafauo would be the only one to consider. Experienced yet still young would slot in well and good competition for martinelli.

Newchange

I’d be looking at ward-prowes at Southampton. Young leader, wonderful right foot and English. I’d look to bring him in and convert to a right back as I think we could really utilize his delivery.

Ward-Prowse Saliba. Upamencano Tierney

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
For a young player finding their feet getting in the position in the first place is important, even if they miss. Eventually they will start to go in. Unless your Gervinho.
True, haven't seen much that makes me think he could reach our (desired) level though, but admittedly I haven't seen that much of Watford in the first place.

Goonger

I’d be looking at ward-prowes at Southampton. Young leader, wonderful right foot and English. I’d look to bring him in and convert to a right back as I think we could really utilize his delivery.

Ward-Prowse Saliba. Upamencano Tierney

Find him an interesting player as well. Not sure about him for right back mind you. With his work rate and delivery, could see him in the right of a midfield 3 working quite well for us. Almost like a Poundland Kevin De Bruyne.

Dutch D

Ziyech is amazing. Unfortunately he primarily plays in the position of our record signing. Possibly my favorite player at the moment though.

Dutch D

Gentleman's agreement rather. Ajax doesn't have clauses in their contracts.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ziyech's nearly 27, swore he was a promising youngster from the way people go on about him. :lol:

Not sure I'd see him as a priority signing. But decent option I guess.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Would love for us to sign Ziyech, but he’s not leaving Ajax in January. Already said so when he signed a new contract over the summer, repeated it multiple times over the season (like the whole squad). They want to become champions again and win the Europa League.

razörist

A poor man's Tadic, if we're honestly honest.
Know you’re just trolling but wanted to add something. I love Mesut and his renewed pressing work, but if you want someone who can do that naturally its got to be Ziyech. He’s Ajax best player, most gifted yet he works harder than anyone. Would be a perfect player to come after Özil, and why can’t we have two of them? He can also play on the wing.

razörist

Didn’t he have a release clause of 25M in the summer?
Removed when he signed his last new deal, still has an oral agreement with Ajax to be let go if he wants to go, for a realistic price. Just not in the winter. He’s become a bit more expensive after his games in the CL this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom