• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

For that price Ziyech seems like a no-brainer. We desperately need one more experienced attacker anyway and he has the versatility to play central or on the wing.

With Xhaka staying, ceballos coming back from injury Ziyech+ one CB while selling Mustafi, Mhiki and Elneny would be a dream window

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
For that price Ziyech seems like a no-brainer. We desperately need one more experienced attacker anyway and he has the versatility to play central or on the wing.

With Xhaka staying, ceballos coming back from injury Ziyech+ one CB while selling Mustafi, Mhiki and Elneny would be a dream window

I'd rather play Smith-Rowe there. I doubt there is anything in the Ziyech rumours.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Wouldn't mind Ziyech. Might actually be a better option for Arteta's system than somebody like Zaha. But the dream is still Zaha for me.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

What the **** did I just watch - comments saying this is 3 months worth of football, more like a full career best of for some others.

Reminds me a lot of Özil, but with pace and good dribbling.
Get him in asap, this left foot is a wand and I absolutely LOVE those half field crosses.

Last edited:

Bosniak Gooner

But Ziyech plays mostly on the right side, occasionally as a number 10... We dont need attacking players!

A CM, CB and RB is a priority.

Underhill

Yes, CB would be prio, but it all depends on what is available. We also lack creativity (Özil having 2 good games in a row doesn't satisfy me).

If Ziyech is available now, that is much better than using a ****load of salary capital on Boateng.

Bosniak Gooner

Yes, CB would be prio, but it all depends on what is available. We also lack creativity (Özil having 2 good games in a row doesn't satisfy me).

If Ziyech is available now, that is much better than using a ****load of salary capital on Boateng.
Actually replacing Özil is not a bad idea, he tracked back two games and now have to rely on that, hehehehe no.

Goonger

Would be a great, more dynamic Özil replacement, if Arteta wants to persist with 4231. This guy is a baller, I can't see him having any problems adjusting to the league as he oozes self confidence, almost arrogance at times. Would make more sense in the summer mind you.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What the **** did I just watch - comments saying this is 3 months worth of football, more like a full career best of for some others.

Reminds me a lot of Özil, but with pace and good dribbling.
Get him in asap, this left foot is a wand and I absolutely LOVE those half field crosses.

Look at this video from 03:00 until the end. It’s Promes goals and assists but look at the assists from Ziyech on Promes. @GDeep™ ,@Trilly and @say yes you can look too. Now imagine Aubameyang making those runs instead of Promes.

razörist

You can also watch this, all his goals and assists from 2019. I just wanted to highlight that sharp cross to the far post.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Look at this video from 03:00 until the end. It’s Promes goals and assists but look at the assists from Ziyech on Promes. @GDeep™ ,@Trilly and @say yes you can look too. Now imagine Aubameyang making those runs instead of Promes.

Could you see him succeed as a midfielder ? He won't get the RW spot where Pepe plays.
A bit of a luxury in that case.

He has surprising strength despite being such a stick. But probably will still need to bulk up a tiny bit to make it here. Not too much to lose his biggest strengths though

razörist

Could you see him succeed as a midfielder ? He won't get the RW spot where Pepe plays.
A bit of a luxury in that case.

He has surprising strength despite being such a stick. But probably will still need to bulk up a tiny bit to make it here. Not too much to loose his biggest strengths though
He’s been an attacking midfielder all his life, he just started playing from the right last season. This season he has player a lot (I think most) at #10 again, donny vd beek has been moved back to CM, following Frenkie and Schone’s departure. It’s just a luxury that he can also play on the wings in a team with lots of position changed. Neres Promes Tadic and Ziyech play pretty much everywhere in attack during a game.

Basically the problem with Ziyech as a CAM has been that he always tries to play the through ball, even if it’s a risk to play it. That’s something we know Özil doesn’t do anymore. So Ziyech will put your strikers 1v1 about 5 times a game. But it used to mean that you also lost the ball a hell of a lot. This season he seems to be more mature with that and his loss of possession has been a lot less when he plays cam.

Also he may look tiny and weak but his aggression makes up for that, he will chase his opponent during the game non stop.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He’s been an attacking midfielder all his life, he just started playing from the right last season. This season he has player a lot (I think most) at #10 again, donny vd beek has been moved back to CM, following Frenkie and Schone’s departure. It’s just a luxury that he can also play on the wings in a team with lots of position changed. Neres Promes Tadic and Ziyech play pretty much everywhere in attack during a game.

Basically the problem with Ziyech as a CAM has been that he always tries to play the through ball, even if it’s a risk to play it. That’s something we know Özil doesn’t do anymore. So Ziyech will put your strikers 1v1 about 5 times a game. But it used to mean that you also lost the ball a hell of a lot. This season he seems to be more mature with that and his loss of possession has been a lot less when he plays cam.

Also he may look tiny and weak but his aggression makes up for that, he will hound his opponent during the game non stop.

I was more wondering, if he could also play as an 8 - not sure about that and currently he'd be just an Özil backup or follow-up until he looses his form. Not saying he isn't able to push him out and we can rotate, but ideally I'd like to strengthen the first team first and then go from there and add depth.

razörist

I was more wondering, if he could also play as an 8 - not sure about that and currently he'd be just an Özil backup or follow-up until he looses his form. Not saying he isn't able to push him out and we can rotate, but ideally I'd like to strengthen the first team first and then go from there and add depth.
No he’s really not an 8, you need to pick up Donny for that, guy can play #6 #8 and #10, but he has a price tag of over 60M already.

For me it would be nice to get some more technically gifted players, we used to be stacked with them. But we’re not getting Ziyech this winter anyway, it’s just a nice thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom