• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergholt

The most important thing for Arteta right now is to get the players playing his way. That’s not helped by bringing in a whole new 11 for the cup, so makes sense this is a strong lineup.

We should win this comfortably. Martinelli to come on and score.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba's captain's notes in the program look pretty good...

"I would also like to react to some of the rumours that are going around about me in the media. People like making up stories and they should focus on what's happening on the pitch. They talk too much and it does my head in!
I am the Arsenal captain. I love this club. I am committed to it and desperate to bring it back to the top, where it belongs."

Auba has had enough...

WindingOffensiveCowrie-max-1mb.gif

CJJ

Established Member
I am the Arsenal captain. I love this club. I am committed to it and desperate to bring it back to the top, where it belongs."
Honestly, i find those words way over the top and hard to genuinely believe. I don't believe he deep down "loves this club". I don't see any reason he'd have any strong feelings. Since he's gotten here we've hardly done anything for his career.
But i guess its comfortable words for the gullible.

Fallout

if it's indeed 3 CBs, i'm extremely curious to see if arteta has concrete ideas re: ball progression from the back.

under emery we were so poor building out in that formation that i lost total confidence in using it.

unlikely to be the case, but i can also see a universe in which holding plays RB and it's standard 4231.

MikeVinna

Established Member

"I would also like to react to some of the rumours that are going around about me in the media. People like making up stories and they should focus on what's happening on the pitch. They talk too much and it does my head in!

Very positive message. Hope he stays for a long time and manages to bag some silverware. His poachers instincts could see him being useful for us well into his 30’s.

Wouldn’t have minded seeing Mesut as captain but Laca’s ability to draw fouls could prove useful now that he has the license to say something about that to the ref.

Hope Pepe/Laca/Özil work some magic tonight. Laca/Mesut could use a goal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The 4th round draw will take place in 15 minutes, thought they usually do it after the match

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Honestly, i find those words way over the top and hard to genuinely believe. I don't believe he deep down "loves this club". I don't see any reason he'd have any strong feelings. Since he's gotten here we've hardly done anything for his career.
But i guess its comfortable words for the gullible.
Hey call me gullible all you want. It's pretty clear to me that he likes to win and he likes to be a catalyst with a positive attitude in this squad. And that went sour for months. His celebrations - both when he scores and (on the admittedly rare, as of late, occasions) when others score - have always seemed genuine to me.

He's a professional who's been given the captaincy of one of the great clubs in the premier league. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: CJJ

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Totally understand playing a strong team. Arteta has only won one game

Wants to build a strong foundation and to instil his ways in the team. Only get there playing the players together

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Taking the momentum route, I like it.

He could have rested a couple players though. Kola is injury prone + our only LB right now, Xhaka has been playing a lot, and so has Luiz

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The 4th round draw will take place in 15 minutes, thought they usually do it after the match
I wonder if the players know the next opponent in these kinda scenarios, shouldnt matter in the slightest but I wonder if coaches block the info out until after the game.

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Not that keen on the line up really. Not that arsed about the cup either though tbf.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Not that keen on the line up really. Not that arsed about the cup either though tbf.

I’m actually only interested in the cups. Both the FA Cup and the Europa League could bring some glory to a lost season. The league is done anyway. I don’t see us getting top 4 and I don’t see us getting relegated. Where we end up in between that is of no concern for me.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m actually only interested in the cups. Both the FA Cup and the Europa League could bring some glory to a lost season. The league is done anyway. I don’t see us getting top 4 and I don’t see us getting relegated. Where we end up in between that is of no concern for me.
I wouldnt be so quick to write it off. Yeh its a long shot but if we string up a few wins in games we should be winning it could leave us close to the top4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom