• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
January:
Ake / Demiral (unlikely)

Summer:
CB: Dunk / Ake / Demiral (if we dont sign anyone in Jan)
DM: Soumare / Sangare / Zakaria / Berge
AM: Ziyech
LW: If Martinelli/Saka/Nelson continue to improve then we wont need to sign one as they can fill in there. If we sell one of Laca / Auba then yes we shoud reinvest into that position for balance (may be a blessing in disguise)

Leno
AMN Saliba/Luiz Ake Tierney
Torreira Zakaria
Ziyech
Pepe Auba Martinelli

Young and bright team. That Ake x Saliba partnership could one day become the best in the league of coached right.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Its easier to get a Barcelona/Real Madrid player than a Bilbao player lol...

I only wish we charged the same ridiculous prices for our players.

Other clubs would either be frightened off or pay through the nose which would allow us to strengthen ourselves :lol:

MikeVinna

Established Member
Could Emre Can serve a purpose in our midfield? Juve have such a stacked squad surely they have to sell a couple of players at some point.

benjamin86

Established Member
Zaha, Grealish, Dunk, Aarons.

Brexit means Brexit.
I don't particularly rate Zaha or Grealish, they're undoubtedly talented but they also have a petulance and arrogance which makes me worry about whether they can operate at clubs where they're not the star and have to fit into a team.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I don't particularly rate Zaha or Grealish, they're undoubtedly talented but they also have a petulance and arrogance which makes me worry about whether they can operate at clubs where they're not the star and have to fit into a team.
Or that same arrogance will make them flourish in a better team. It depends on the price though because I wouldn't pay 60 mil for Zaha.

Vantastico

Could Emre Can serve a purpose in our midfield? Juve have such a stacked squad surely they have to sell a couple of players at some point.
Not a bad shout considering the midfield situation at Juve indeed. Could definitely serve a purpose for us.

OTOH I've never really been a huge fan and I wouldn't want to pay him the massive wages Juve are either. They thought they were being clever luring every big name free agent on the market for €8m annual salaries. Now it's not like any clubs are going to offer large sums money to bring their benchwarmers in on those wages. Unless he comes very cheap (<20m) or accepts a massive paycut, let them sleep in the bed they made for themselves.

Manberg

Predator
I want Maddison from Leicester. A young, goal scoring midfielder and good technical player. We lack that. Espescially the goals bit. Could cost a fortune but it'd be money well spent.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I like the look of Edouard, exactly the type of transfers I think we need to make moving forward in my opinion. Players with enough experience, approaching 100 first team appearances but one move away from commanding silly money. We could probably sign him for £30m now, if we let him go to Lyon or Leicester for example, he has one good season and he is in the £60m bracket.

Wagwaan

I really dont see much happening in Januray, if anything other than loans out.

Next summer though..

Out:

Shokodran Mustafi - Not good enough for a top 4 competing team. Had his confidence battered and has never stood up and been counted since.

Dinos Mavropanos - Not Improved. Never impressed me and dont even see him challenging for a spot in the first team.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - I actually like Mhiki but with what he contributes and the wages hes on it would be good business to ship him out to Roma or another interested party for a 10m range fee.

Rob Holding (Loan) - I am a big fan of Holding but with his big injury and stop start before that he could really do with a season on loan like Chambers did at fulham to sharpen him up and come back looking to break into the first team.

In:

Dani Ceballos - Has shown glimpses of what hes about. Has the typical Spanish style but has a lot of fight in him like a certain other Spanish Arsenal Legend. I think there is much more to come from Dani and he would adapt to English football well with a run in the side.

Unai Nunez - Of all the CB's we have been linked with Nunez is one that interests me most. Only 22 with a release clause of €30m (£25.5m). That represents value in the current market. Saliba looks a real talent and Luiz and Papa bring experience. Nathan Ake would also be a great signing but I dont see it happening.

Youcef Atal - I've been impressed by what I've seen by the young Algerian before his ACL injury. Yes it would be a risk bringing in another player that has just had a serious injury but I think this lads worth it. With Bellerin firing it would give real competition and also the chance for rotation without a dip in class.

LENO, MARTINEZ
BELLERIN, ATAL
SALIBA, PAPA, LUIZ, NUNEZ, CHAMBERS
KOLASINAC, TIERNEY
TORREIRA, XHAKA, GUENDOUZI
WILLOCK, CEBALLOS, ESR
Özil, MARTINELLI, PEPE,
NELSON, AUBA, LACA, NKETIAH.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Malen would be my no.1 priority next season if we move either Laca or Auba on next season.
Technically he's excellent and can play on the left or upfront. I think whoever we buy to replace the departing player must be technically gifted with pace and able to play on the wings and upfront.

This would mean for our front 3 will have the options of - Laca/Auba, Pepe, Malen, Martinelli, Nelson, Nketiah, Saka

The next target would be a CB to partner Saliba
I still believe Holding is a quality CB but with his problems with injury we need a CB and the obvious choice would be Upamecano. I also like Gabriel of Lille and Nathan Ake from among the players we have been linked with.
This would give us CB options of - Saliba, Upamecano, Holding, Luiz, Sokratis.

Our midfield mess also needs sorting this summer but unfortunately who we should get depends on what system Arteta wants to play next summer and who we move on.
It is likely that Mkhitaryan will be sold but us moving on Xhaka and Özil is also a possibility plus we have seen Torreira try to engineer a move away in the past too.
While Willock and Guendouzi will provide good squad depth, I think Arteta's biggest headache will be our midfield.

Apart from that we are okay for now in my opinion.

Last edited:

jeremypkw

Our squad was never as **** as we felt under Emery, there's some ridiculously good players in there and great youth options coming through.

Mustafi needs to go. Smith-Rowe, Nketiah & Mavropanos need to go on loan.

Between now and the end of the summer transfer window, I believe we need an additional CB and Midfielder in addition to Saliba coming in and Ceballos staying permanently.
If Aubameyang OR Lacazette leave, we need another attacking option, more likely a wide forward.

CB: Dan-Axel Zagadou. Big bull of a player that has just started to come into his own at Dortmund. Was frustrating up until the end of November, but has been fantastic since. If he stays like this he will be worth 60M+ by September as he is completely dominant when playing well. Grab him now for 30M.

MID: Soumare. Doesn't need explaining - right fit for the PL and technically suited to a CL team.

WF: Lemar. It's cringe hearing people say he's no good now. Is not suited one bit to the Atletico system, he's had a fullback overlap him about twice since signing with them. He has no pace behind, next to or in front of him. Straight swap with Laca if he isn't going to sign on.

Screen-Shot-2020-01-09-at-00-25-20.png

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'll throw out a name that I haven't seen mentioned: Evan N'Dicka.

20 year old 1.92m French center-back for Eintracht Frankfurt. Excellent physical qualities and defensive abilities. Left-footed. Has more experience playing as the left-sided defender in a three-at-the-back system and has shown to be quite versatile.

Doesn't get as much recognition as he did last year probably because he hasn't featured nearly as frequently - and Frankfurt haven't been nearly as good. Did not play in either of our games against them.

Leaning toward having him as my favored CB candidate over Dayot Upamecano due to his ability to play as a left-side center-back. Probably a cheaper purchase too, with his stock dropping a bit. Was getting PSG rumours last season.

(I like Dan-Axel Zagadou for the same position as well but he's likely to cost more and I think Dortmund would look to keep him)

Last edited:
Top Bottom