• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He wasn't happy in his interview after beating Leeds which is good. I like the fact that he said we were made to look like a small team but the change in attitude made us play better. Like a prime Wenger, I think he'll do well with players who have talent and intelligence and a work ethic. For sure, his message is clear and woe betide any who can't adapt.
Wenger was less honest about effort with the press, I think. Mikel lays it all out simpler. Wenger liked to keep his hand close, even if to us the problem looked obvious.

#Davido

I now have hope that Mikel will do well. On another note, what a treat of football that leeds put on in the first half.

As i've said previously, Bielsa is a great manager.

Should have won the Argies the World Cup in 2006 though. Bottled it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Before they bought those three, they lost 5-0 to City, 4-1 to Sp**s, 2-1 to United, 1-0 to Chelsea. 38 goals against them.
Overall they led (definitely no lower than 2nd) in the top 6 mini league in those seasons.

I'm guessing in looking up those losses you also most have realised the above which makes me wonder why you still went and posted them knowing that my point was very much valid?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax @EmeryCouldnt

Top 6 mini-league from Klopp's first full season. That's what I mean by showing that their ceiling was high.

Season 16/17 :

1. Liverpool (5/5/0 - 20 points) (7) (4th)

2. Chelsea (5/1/4 - 16 points) (2) (1st)

3. Tottenham (4/3/4 - 15 points) (3) (2nd)

4. Man City (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-4) (3rd)

5. Man Utd (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-5) (6th)

6. Arsenal (2/3/5 - 9 points) (-3) (5th)

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Leeds played well, that was mid table PL quality from them imo.

3 promising performances in a row now, 2 away from changing my avi. Come on Mikel, I don't want to be sad anymore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Crystal Palace and Sheffield games are good opportunity to build good momentum before playing Chelsea. Really hope we get good results in these 3 games could be vital for top 4 finish

zilfy

I think we need to re-assess every player under this man, cause I'm beginning to warm to players like Xhaka, sokratis and Luis, and I know I'm one of many.
Exactly. Dont sell too many yet, because most of them will be worth 5-10 mil more once mikels had plenty of time to hypnotize them into believing they're actually quality.

Mikel the alchemist!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
@Makingtrax @EmeryCouldnt

Top 6 mini-league from Klopp's season. That's what I mean by showing that their ceiling was high.

Season 16/17 :

1. Liverpool (5/5/0 - 20 points) (7) (4th)

2. Chelsea (5/1/4 - 16 points) (2) (1st)

3. Tottenham (4/3/4 - 15 points) (3) (2nd)

4. Man City (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-4) (3rd)

5. Man Utd (2/4/4 - 10 points) (-5) (6th)

6. Arsenal (2/3/5 - 9 points) (-3) (5th)

I see. I was focused on 2015/2016 since you mentioned "immediate impact". Looks like he definitely had them rolling in 16/17 though, I'll give you that.

Wryer

While I like the 2nd half resurgence, it's not sustainable. Unai had the same phase and I think that proved it cannot work on the long term. But I just love how Mikel calls it as it is, and takes no BS. He did sound like he gave a real rollicking at half time and possible even at full time.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
While I like the 2nd half resurgence, it's not sustainable. Unai had the same phase and I think that proved it cannot work on the long term. But I just love how Mikel calls it as it is, and takes no BS. He did sound like he gave a real rollicking at half time and possible even at full time.
I mean before this it has been the opposite where we start really well but run out of steam.
This was the first game under Arteta where we started poorly but picked up steam as the game went on.
With Emery early on we would always start badly and then rely on subs to change the game in the second half.

I think Arteta said it best "we are not in a position to relax because we are not good enough to relax"

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Leeds played well, that was mid table PL quality from them imo.

3 promising performances in a row now, 2 away from changing my avi. Come on Mikel, I don't want to be sad anymore.

I'm just trying to remember when Pepe was the Arsenal manager :cool:

ArsenalLunatic

I don’t know what it is, but MA has me hooked. I know we're miles away & it’s gonna take awhile but I’m sure we’re in good hands. He’s sly as a fox and 100 pct in control. Truth be told I was never a huge fan in his playing days but I’d run thru a wall myself for him now. Don’t be surprised if we are top 4 in May. Weeks ago these upcoming fixtures were blah, now they are must watch.

Keplaz

I don't know why people think this was the same as Emery's poor starts and then he'd make a quick sub. Arteta didn't make any half time subs, he corrected their mentality.

Don't let our recent better performances mask how fragile this team is mentality. It isn't so much an issue of ability with them as it is with complacency and lack of effort.

The first half was an Emery performance because they have to change their thinking. Arteta will get results here but it will take time and this team will perform for 90 minutes, eventually.

Divided_Pie

Love how Arteta didn’t panic. He was patient, he knew Leeds would drop their intensity at some point, he knew his bench options were limited, and he had faith in his players. No halftime subs, no formation change, no scapegoating of players like Emery did with Xhaka at Palace when he subbed him off when the whole team were struggling. He was able to get the players back to competing in a way that brought them together, stuck to the plan, and didn’t ruin any player’s confidence. Fantastic coaching.

Wryer

Exactly. I think we (and Arteta) needs more games to say he is tactically creative or not.

But at the very least, it's very clear he has ability to get into the heads of the players. That is an incredibly difficult skill. You can't teach or learn that. That's what im really pleased with so far.

say yes

forum master baiter
Overall they led (definitely no lower than 2nd) in the top 6 mini league in those seasons.

I'm guessing in looking up those losses you also most have realised the above which makes me wonder why you still went and posted them knowing that my point was very much valid?
Because @Makingtrax ‘s entire schtick is making up facts in the hope that everyone is so bored of him that he gets away with it.

Biggest fraud on this forum.

Top Bottom