• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
It is. We have a 18 year old kid almost doubling his scores ffs. It's bad.
The 18year old kid performing way above the average, lucky for us. But that doesn't mean that Pepe hasn't contributed. I'm confident both of them will go on to become vital players for us.

Reactions: roz

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is. We have a 18 year old kid almost doubling his scores ffs. It's bad.
I mean some players can take longer to get going than others.
Also sometimes the pressure and expectations that a pricetag like 70m brings can hinder a player mentally.
So far he's had an average season but you can see the quality he possesses, Arteta just need to bring it out of him on a consistent basis now.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The 18year old kid performing way above the average, lucky for us. But that doesn't mean that Pepe hasn't contributed. I'm confident both of them will go on to become vital players for us.
I'm not saying he has not contributed. I'm saying he is not worth 70 mil so far.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I mean some players can take longer to get going than others.
Also sometimes the pressure and expectations that a pricetag like 70m brings can hinder a player mentally.
So far he's had an average season but you can see the quality he possesses, Arteta just need to bring it out of him on a consistent basis now.
My point is if he plays like he has so far,he is not worth the money we payed

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

your opinion. I disagree
Yes. If you payed 70 mil for each of our forwards we have and they contribute 3 goals and 3 assist. We would be in thechampionship and broke.

If pepe does not improve from here on do you really think he is worth 70 mil aka so far not worth 70 mil?

You can just disagree with me and feel this way I'm just making sure I have not missed something and this is really how you feel.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My point is if he plays like he has so far,he is not worth the money we payed
When you invest so much on a player like Pepe you are making a long term investment.
So while I agree he hasnt performed like a 70m player so far I dont think a lot of ppl expected him to hit the ground running. Almost everyone even here said it will take him a season and I would second that opinion.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Yes. If you payed 70 mil for each of our forwards we have and they contribute 3 goals and 3 assist. We would be in thechampionship and broke.

If pepe does not improve from here on do you really think he is worth 70 mil aka so far not worth 70 mil?

You can just disagree with me and feel this way I'm just making sure I have not missed something and this is really how you feel.

I just think he is worth that money in todays market. He will get better, individually, as he adjusts to the surroundings, league, the club, and once we fit him in his role better.
if you wanna look at the numbers only, then he wasnt worth that money for those 6 months, but, IMO that would be dumb way to look at.
I've been in football enough time and with extreme passion for it, and I've also seen many, many, players turn into WC or go shyt. To me, it is obvious how special Pepe is, and perfectly normal that he needs a bit of time, especially in a mess we found ourselves since he got here.
Am not a fan of big money transfers, but in a way market works, I am realistic enough to look at it and say, ok, he is worth that money

Moah

Reading all these post makes it look like he missed an open goal and missed a penalty on the last game.

The reason we got the win yesterday was him. He was involved in both our goals when we win our first game vs man utd.

It is not about having a two digit goals and assists, it's about how important those are. Martinelli may have scored 6 but most came in a 3+ goal wins against clubs we haven't heard of before.

Both players are doing good and they will only get better. Fact.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Reading all these post makes it look like he missed an open goal and missed a penalty.

The reason we got the win yesterday was him. He was involved in both our goals when we win our first game vs man utd.

It is not about having a two digit goals and assists, it's about how important those are. Martinelli may have scored 6 but most came in a 3+ goal wins against clubs we haven't heard of before.

Both players are doing good and they will only get better. Fact.

Exactly. We also had a deep dive on Pepe on here earlier which described his way to Lille and finally to use.

He missed many steps in his delopment and his rise to fame was sudden and those circumstances made his career a lot more special so far.

Also, it wasn't all his fault that he got 2 short injuries and was dropped twice after BEING THE BEST PLAYER in the team in both occasions.

It was against all logic - "oh, I see you just started to deliver, let's see how you cope with being benched then" :rolleyes:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

When you invest so much on a player like Pepe you are making a long term investment.
So while I agree he hasnt performed like a 70m player so far I dont think a lot of ppl expected him to hit the ground running. Almost everyone even here said it will take him a season and I would second that opinion.
Really? Not sure most people thought he would be bad for a season before coming good. He could've hit the ground running. I agree he most likely will come good, he has not been good so far though.

Moah

Exactly. We also had a deep dive on Pepe on here earlier which described his way to Lille and finally to use.

He missed many steps in his delopment and his rise to fame was sudden and those circumstances made his career a lot more special so far.

Also, it wasn't all his fault that he got 2 short injuries and was dropped twice after BEING THE BEST PLAYER in the team in both occasions.

It was against all logic - "oh, I see you just started to deliver, let's see how you cope with being benched then" :rolleyes:
If he is getting all this stick without playing bad, how is he gonna be treated when he underperform? If he was playing half as bad as Nelson, people would be calling for his head.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really? Not sure most people thought he would be bad for a season before coming good. He could've hit the ground running. I agree he most likely will come good, he has not been good so far though.
He didn't have a proper preseason so yeah I think most agreed it will take him time to find his footing
I guess its natural to have higher expectations but you should also take into account how bad the entire team has been when judging him.
I think its fair to say that jury is still out on him when its comes to whether or not he's worth 70m but thats where I would leave it

Tomb Bombadil

He didn't have a proper preseason so yeah I think most agreed it will take him time to find his footing
I guess its natural to have higher expectations but you should also take into account how bad the entire team has been when judging him.
I think its fair to say that jury is still out on him when its comes to whether or not he's worth 70m but thats where I would leave it
I also think he still can become a really good player for us. But I also see the position that if you pay £70m for a player you expect him to have a big impact instantly and not in one or two years. And it still can be that he doesn't hit the roof and that's not good if you pay 70 fecking millions.

Even if you pay £70m for a talent (U21) you expect him to have a direct impact. But from Pepe with 24 I expected much more in his first season. So of course people are disappointed. And I also would say (almost) no other team would have paid that much. I guess this was kind of quick fix transfer from our incompetent sport chief.

So let him time and hope raul learnt some thing and has more competent people around him.

And if our keeper ever has red card - Pepe was goalkeeper until 14.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
didnt Napoli offer the same amount as us and we just offered more wages and agent fees or am I misremembering the situation.

I remember at the time ppl were praising us for paying the asking price and not haggling, calling it a breath of fresh air and stuff. I guess you are dammed if you do and dammed if you dont.

Manberg

Predator
People analyzing Pepe based on his fee know nothing of football or sports imo.

His fee is irrelevant.

I'm not analysing Pepe based on his fee, I'm just saying the fee was too high based on what he's done in France. I'm analysing the business people involved in the transaction based on the fee.

pacstud

I'm not analysing Pepe based on his fee, I'm just saying the fee was too high based on what he's done in France. I'm analysing the business people involved in the transaction based on the fee.
Different, and fair. To say Raul this or that, sure.

Pepe? No bearing (at least there should be no objective analysis based on fee).

Most on this thread are adding "based on what he cost" which is stupid imo. On top of that he's a kid and we have many years to go. It's not his fault the market did what it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom