• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I wasn't counting the U23 squad, just the current 26 man first team squad.

If they mean U23's going on loan as well then I would expect more than 12 to leave, that doesn't sound many at all.
It just said up to 12 players. U23 players are Arsenal players too. 12 transfer is a bit too much for just the first team.

TornadoTed

Established Member
It just said up to 12 players. U23 players are Arsenal players too. 12 transfer is a bit too much for just the first team.

That was my original point, 12 sounded a lot from the first team squad but that is what the headline implies.

If it's U23's also then it's a totally sensationalist and ridiculous headline as 12 is nothing. I would expect at least 12 players run down their contract, transfer or go out on loan every Summer, 19 left last Summer for example according to Transfermarkt.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Its a big balancing act letting the strikers go.

Not convinced how many of the young prospects are ready to actually produce at this level & what calibre of striker can we attract with no European football & no big name manager / players.

People forget when striker goals not taken for granted.

We’re not selling them out of choice though, but necessity if they aren’t extending.

In these circumstances you do the best you possibly can.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I would be very surprised if we dont keep one of them.
I think considering the age and possibly the reduced wages it will likely be Laca that we keep
If you think Laca would stay on reduced wages, you’re in for a surprise.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we will take a loss and sell Mustafi for whatever fees a club will offer for him but unless we bring someone in we should keep him till the end of the summer.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Really don't think it'll be that hard to sell Mustafi if Arteta wants him gone, he's nowhere near as bad as A-M thinks and his general play is to a good level, if you ignore the brain farts.

He can easily find a home (perhaps in Italy/France or even home in Germany) and may command a good fee, especially when you consider his age of 27 is relatively young for a CB, too.

Would love it to be true that Raul agrees with me and admits last windows have been huge let down and they want to fix it quick as they can!

But its propably just Arteta leaking it to Ornstein to light a fire under some of his players. If you dont buy into his idea you can leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom