• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
For a club like Arsenal though you probably can’t sign Aarons unless Bellerin is off and you’re receiving funds from that deal.

Sp**s could push him over the line, they need a RB.

I would be open for selling Bellerin. Like the lad, but not particularly good and could fetch us a nice fee.

pikey2000

Norwich willing to sell Aarons now for 30M. One of the biggest no brainers going.
Does it make you wonder why they are willing? If he is as good as we hope/people say surely you'd be trying to keep hold or ask for a higher fee given the prices that are being banded about these days?

I'm not questioning you, i haven't seen the guy play much/if at all, just strikes me as plain weird that they would be so willing to let a prime young British talent go so easily.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would be open for selling Bellerin. Like the lad, but not particularly good and could fetch us a nice fee.
It’s not about us being willing to sell, more about clubs showing a credible interest.

For the price we’ll ask, I doubt any club would want Bellerin, he simply hasn’t developed. Even at a reasonable price of 30M, I see no interest in him.

I heard Barcelona are looking at Klostermann and Pereira.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Does it make you wonder why they are willing? If he is as good as we hope/people say surely you'd be trying to keep hold or ask for a higher fee given the prices that are being banded about these days?

I'm not questioning you, i haven't seen the guy play much/if at all, just strikes me as plain weird that they would be so willing to let a prime young British talent go so easily.

Could be linked to their impending relegation. A players value drops once a club is relegated. They sold James Maddison in 2018 for 25M, he’s worth 100M today. An Aarons sale is breaking their transfer record.

It’s a limited market for Norwich too, the biggest clubs in the country don’t even need him - Liverpool have Trent, Chelsea have Reece James, Utd have Bissaka. England are blessed with RB talent.

Dortmund are the latest club to be linked.

Chicago_Gunner

Could be linked to their impending relegation. A players value drops once a club is relegated. They sold James Maddison in 2018 for 25M, he’s worth 100M today. An Aarons sale is breaking their transfer record.

It’s a limited market for Norwich too, the biggest clubs in the country don’t even need him - Liverpool have Trent, Chelsea have Reece James, Utd have Bissaka. England are blessed with RB talent.

Dortmund are the latest club to be linked.
We need to be all over this transfer. It’s a no brainer in my mind.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Spending so much on fullbacks just seems a luxury. Why jump from cheapskates putting kids out of position there & not even getting a loan in last Jan to signing two 20-30m players?

Happy middle ground inbetween both insane strategies.

Spending so much on fullbacks just seems a luxury.

Alexander-Arnold and Robertson have 34 assists between them since start of 18/19 season. Pep seems dedicated to spend heavy amounts on full backs almost every window. Thats Liverpool and City two most dominated team in the league last 2 years.

Don't think its stupid to take a note and try to get some star talents in there.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Spending so much on fullbacks just seems a luxury. Why jump from cheapskates putting kids out of position there & not even getting a loan in last Jan to signing two 20-30m players?

Happy middle ground inbetween both insane strategies.
Long term investments. You feel with Tierney and Aarons your probably have the FB positions on lock down for years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then also being positions where it’s hard to find talents. Good fullbacks are rare, young ones even more.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
But when did we become a club that needs to pay these premium prices on players of the moment? Two 30m fullbacks, 30m CB 20 games into his pro career & keep being linked to another 40-50m CB.

These are super expensive defenders. Most of who we then need to step up from the SPL or smaller club. Its not like the transfer fund a bottomless pit for us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But when did we become a club that needs to pay these premium prices on players of the moment? Two 30m fullbacks, 30m CB 20 games into his pro career & keep being linked to another 40-50m CB.

These are super expensive defenders. Most of who we then need to step up from the SPL or smaller club. Its not like the transfer fund a bottomless pit for us.

Because the other model hasn’t been working and we’ve fallen back? Trying to save money, sign free, sign cheap, sign young young hasn’t worked in recent years. So look for talent that is a little more established in terms of experience like Tierney, or talent like Saliba, and pay that extra premium.

Leicester don’t pay these prices but they’ve had excellent scouting in recent years. We don’t even have that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Also, the staff has changed. The previous regime were maybe more reluctant spenders, while guys like Raul has a history of paying the extra for players.

Raul is a big fat bum if you look at his transfers, the guy buys big and sells cheap.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Meant Barcelona. He’s continued that here with Pepe.
I mean its a risk but I dont think it was a bad transfer to make. Apart from Pepe he signed Tierney at a good price, Martinelli at an unbelievably low price and Luiz was relatively cheap too.
And apart from Luiz all of these players are young so they will can be sold off at a reasonable price later on.

Sydney-Gooner

Times have changed and we either adapt to this new reality or we risk regressing even further as a club.

100% agree with spending £25-£30 million on Aarons. Let him stay the rest of the season at Norwich if they insist.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I mean its a risk but I dont think it was a bad transfer to make. Apart from Pepe he signed Tierney at a good price, Martinelli at an unbelievably low price and Luiz was relatively cheap too.
And apart from Luiz all of these players are young so they will can be sold off at a reasonable price later on.

Tierney was pretty expensive. Top 1o ever price for his position & also coming from a minor league. Saliba was insanely expensive for 20 games into a pro career & not even all at CB.

Not arguing they are bad signings but its a premium price we paid.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Aarons for 30M is a decent move, kid’s young and you fancy him to get better.

Bogle for 10M is the big brain move, same age, better going forward imo and almost identical stats to Aarons in the Championship.

If Derby had gone up in the last Playoff final he’d be talked about in the same bracket as Aarons imo.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tierney was pretty expensive. Top 1o ever price for his position & also coming from a minor league. Saliba was insanely expensive for 20 games into a pro career & not even all at CB.

Not arguing they are bad signings but its a premium price we paid.
In a time where we are selling Iwobi for 35m plus and defenders like maguire are moving for 80m is 25m for LB that looks quality really paying premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom