• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Times have changed and we either adapt to this new reality or we risk regressing even further as a club.

100% agree with spending £25-£30 million on Aarons. Let him stay the rest of the season at Norwich if they insist.
Im not really convinced its anything new just the easy option going for the name of the moment & have to pay for the privileged. Clubs with more money than us are always doing it.

In some positions I would be all for it but fullbacks a bit odd when we have Hector & gaps in the spine.

In a time where we are selling Iwobi for 35m plus and defenders like maguire are moving for 80m is 25m for LB that looks quality really paying premium.

The other two are premium prices as well. Everton were absolutely desperate at the close of the window & United set on another hyped up defender of the moment.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasteful to spend that kinda money on Aarons when we already have Niles, whom is better than Aarons anyway.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We should be all over Aaron's. Worst case scenario is he becomes a high-cost luxury when Bellerin return and as ANM continues to develop. We've sold Jenkinson, Monreal and Bielik - we need to invest in our defence and having Tierney, Aaron's, Salibah sets us up for years.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He doesn't have the passing, vision or shooting required. He can carry the ball but seems uncomfortable when he gets in the opposition half from what I have seen. He isn't like a Zakaria who can do both jobs. I'd hold off until the summer and go for him to be honest as he wont leave Germany now.

There is also the route of going for a box to box playmaker now, like Pelegrini or Golovin and then upgrading on Torreira with a proper destroyer.

Zakaria is actually on my wish list as well. Great player.

pikey2000

Could be linked to their impending relegation. A players value drops once a club is relegated. They sold James Maddison in 2018 for 25M, he’s worth 100M today. An Aarons sale is breaking their transfer record.

It’s a limited market for Norwich too, the biggest clubs in the country don’t even need him - Liverpool have Trent, Chelsea have Reece James, Utd have Bissaka. England are blessed with RB talent.

Dortmund are the latest club to be linked.

Didn't think of the relegation side of things, good point, we defo need a RB and spent a similar amount on Tierney so I suppose this would be a reasonable deal if it were to happen.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasteful to spend that kinda money on Aarons when we already have Niles, whom is better than Aarons anyway.

Our current system is full of quick fixes in order to cover up weaknesses of the team but also the make up of the squad.

It isn't because Arteta wants to play like this. I am sure if he had it his way he wouldn't want two 50 million pound strikers, one that he has to play left wing and move inside so his full back pushes up. A deep lying playmaker who cant move, so he has to drop him into left back and a right back tucking in as a midfielder.

What we do know is that he believes AMN can play CM when we are in possession. That means he can play cm in a proper 4 3 3. Buy a right back and you can play him there and the need for an athletic central midfielder isn't so urgent.

Newchange

Thoughts on the boy Choudhury at Leicester? Could be a shrewd DM purchase. Young, physical presence, knows the league and isn’t a starter at Leicester.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
That's because he runs around kicking people.

I like that!

I think we can actually go more homegrown than in the past

Wenger couldnt because the technical ability he looked for wasnt there

But football has evolved

Young/English is abit more expensive but you can Always get your money back

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Our current system is full of quick fixes

And I dont think we can afford more

It Still costs alotta money in wages, money you cant get back
And is as big of a gamble because it is hard to teach old dogs new tricks + injuries

I mean why are we looking at Umtiti/Boateng?

They are one sprain away from being out for a season, glass giants albeit talented.[/QUOTE]

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Thoughts on the boy Choudhury at Leicester? Could be a shrewd DM purchase. Young, physical presence, knows the league and isn’t a starter at Leicester.
He is decent but not Arsenal level. Just because he has bangladeshi background doesn’t mean I'm gonna go crazy about him like certain people do about a certain player we have.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Do Y'all think that prices are going to sky rocket for HG, especially UK players post brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom