• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
That guy is the most jarring commentator in the world. People like him, Phil Neville and Jermaine Jenas have always pissed me off on MOTD. They're just useless.

I'd say they're picking pundits from reputation rather than analytical ability/intelligence but they werent even special players anyway. BBC and BT need a revamp
I’d say Murphy is the worst because he’s clearly biased and just moans in a really annoying low pitch. His performance yesterday was enough for his bosses to have a strong word with him. He offers **** all. He’s a poor man’s Mark Lawrenson and that’s as bad as it can get. At least Lawrenson could argue he was old, bitter and twisted.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just like Barcelona, Bayern and City, we should buy technical players and train up their fitness level.
You can make a skillful player to go to the gym to increase his fitness. But you can’t make a walcott into a ronaldinho.

Ofcourse the technical level needs to be high but they aren’t mutually exclusive.

All those teams you mentioned rapidly dispose of players who fail to reach minimum fitness standards. It’s definitely not as simple as going to the gym.

It’s genetics, lifestyle and mentality also, otherwise Jezza from F2 freestylers would be playing in CL finals not charity fundraisers.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I would still sell him for the right money because I think we can and should do better at DM. He's definitely been better since Arteta arrived but he could hardly be any worse. Also I hate his flat on his back arms outstretched antics when a player just touches him. I'd complain if I saw a player from another team do it so why is it acceptable from one of ours? Its not!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I was watching the replay on the Arsenal Player of 2nd half of Leeds game.

https://player.arsenal.com/video/leeds-h-2nd-half-0

In contrast to 1st half, Xhaka showed a lot of willingness to fight in 2nd it was also highlighted on the Breakdown.

He seems to be on a road of redemption by trying to connect with the fans again. A moment around 93rd minute caught my eye. As many fans seemed to be walking out early, he seemed to ask for them to sit down and stay until the final whistle.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He seems to be on a road of redemption by trying to connect with the fans again. A moment around 93rd minute caught my eye. As many fans seemed to be walking out early, he seemed to ask for them to sit down and stay until the final whistle.
He can only do that with good performances and performances only. Gesturing to fans to sit back down in the 93rd minute, if that's what he was doing, is pissing into the wind!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I also mentioned about his performance in there :).
There was also a big cheer from the crowd that were close for his tackle at the touchline.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still feel he should have made a proper apology for his part in "boo-gate", but fair play to him, he has played very well since Arteta has arrived...be interesting to see what happens in the summer now, as our midfield still could be better.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Still feel he should have made a proper apology for his part in "boo-gate", but fair play to him, he has played very well since Arteta has arrived...be interesting to see what happens in the summer now, as our midfield still could be better.
He could have made things alot easier with his statement. An unreserved apology was the only way to go, even if he didn't mean it. Should have been explained to him that what goes on in the stadium is like theatre at the end of the day. You can get boo'ed, but the same people will be looking to cheer you off the park when the chance comes. Fans recognise effort and those who are trying to respond in the right way. It was always in his hands.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I don't buy the excuse that no manager built a system for him. Wenger went to a 3 at the back to help Xhaka and for awhile it worked well. We even beat Chelsea at a cup final with it. When did Wenger ever shift to a back 3? I don't think it's fair to say that no one tried to help Xhaka. Even Emery for all his flaws tries to help Xhaka but in the end he couldn't make a system that helped anyone.

Problem is, no matter what system you make, Xhaka's weaknesses are so ingrained into him that sooner or later teams will figure it out and exploit him. Getting him out the club in summer for a healthy fee would be the best thing for all parties imo.

3 at the back was more for Özil and brainfarty cbs

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Just like Barcelona, Bayern and City, we should buy technical players and train up their fitness level.
You can make a skillful player to go to the gym to increase his fitness. But you can’t make a walcott into a ronaldinho.

Fitness yeah

Athletic ability No!

That is god given/DNA whatever floats your boat.

You cant train someone to be Theo fast

The disregard for basic athletic ability is a big part of our downfall.

Players were solely judged by technical ability

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...onvinced-granit-xhaka-stay-arsenal-promising/

Asked what he said to Xhaka to convince him to remain at Arsenal, Arteta said: “The first message for him was that I wanted to understand how he was feeling, why he was feeling that way.

“I wanted him to hear from me my opinion on him, and that I was ready to support him and that I was ready to push the club to be supportive of him too, because I thought he could be a really, really good player for us and he could enjoy in this football club playing under me.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The disregard for basic athletic ability is a big part of our downfall.

Players were solely judged by technical ability
I definitely feel like the second half of Wenger’s reign had too many hlebs and them kinda man, I agree.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I definitely feel like the second half of Wenger’s reign had too many hlebs and them kinda man, I agree.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
We had too many walcott, chamberlain, giroud, auba, laca, ramsey.......who are sh** on the ball.

We need to bring back the likes of Hleb, Nasri, Van Persie, Sanchez, Arshavin, Cazorla......who are amazing both on and off the ball.

Look at City, Bayern, Barcelona......

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Ironic that Hleb leaving was the dismantling of what could have been a second period of dominance, given the midfield he was in with Flamini, Cesc and Rosicky was arguably the best in the league in 07/08 and certainly good enough to compete for major honours domestically and abroad.

Manberg

Predator
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
We had too many walcott, chamberlain, giroud, auba, laca, ramsey.......who are sh** on the ball.

We need to bring back the likes of Hleb, Nasri, Van Persie, Sanchez, Arshavin, Cazorla......who are amazing both on and off the ball.

Look at City, Bayern, Barcelona......

Giroud and Laca have good hold up play. That’s on the ball play. Ramsey was/ is great on the ball, possesses great passing, dribbling and shooting not sure what you’re on about there. If Auba wasn’t good on the ball he wouldn’t be the striker he is.

Manberg

Predator

I always saw that as an incident where both parties were in the wrong, him and the fans, and the best way forward is to shake hands on it, forget about it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom