• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoaoFelix

From a sheer talent standpoint, I don't think we've seen a young player with as much in his locker at the club since Fabregas. Wilshere maybe but we know what happened with his fitness. The amazing thing about him, even at his young age which is very rare is that he plays with maturity, intensity and joy all at the same time. You can see he's both enjoying himself and working his socks off every time he steps foot on the pitch and he has an intelligence about his play that is beyond his years.

What's amazing is that due to his age and this being the first time in his life he has access to top level strength and conditioning, his physical gifts are only going to get better and more refined. He already looks comfortable playing at the PL level and as his strength and pace continue to improve along with already great technique, he's going to be a nightmare. I think that so long as the injury bug doesn't hit him we're potentially looking at a guy who in 3-4 years will be in the debate for the 2nd best number 9 on the planet(Mbappe probably has best locked down for the next 8 years or so). I'm so pleased we have him and I just hope we can build well enough that he'll want to stay if he does reach his ceiling.
Lol whaat there is at least five teenagers clearly ahead of him at the moment. Haaland, Sancho, boadu, havertz, Felix

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
these comparisons need to stop lol
Just be happy you have him here at Arsenal and he's contributing when given the chance

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
this is a bit offtopic but what happened with Felix
when the season started Felix hit the ground running but somehow he just fell off after a month or so and has just not recovered. He's even giving interview about going back to Benfica

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EN3hAZTW4AEndpt.jpg

... always thought that giant statue in Rio, looked a bit like Gabby.

progman07

Established Member
Needs to be developed as a CF. The way he creates space and gets a shot off is such a hard skill to do. Currently Lacazette is starting at Cf because of his work rate, which Martinelli matches. Aerially Martinelli is superior. Movement in the box, Martinelli is better. Finishing? Martinelli has more confidence. Running in behind? Martinelli.

Strength and hold up play is literally the only thing Lacazette has over him. Even then, Martinelli holds the ball up in a different way.

It's frustrating that he will be shifted to the wing or bench to accommodate, Lacazette and Nelson.
I agree, but you cannot put the burden of winning such important games to a 18 year-old. He definitely should be looked at as a classic striker, he isn't a winger, he wants to get behind the defenders and score. The conviction he plays with is frightening, he looks like the most mentally strong player in the squad. Still I think he needs time to adapt smoothly, we are in a situation where the pressure is so high that the higher profile players should take responsibility first.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Lol whaat there is at least five teenagers clearly ahead of him at the moment. Haaland, Sancho, boadu, havertz, Felix
And of those only Haaland and Felix are actual number 9s. Now for the bad news...Felix to this point has been absolute swill. I also didn't say that he was there at the moment. I said he had the potential to be in the discussion in a couple of years. Reading comprehension really should be taught better in schools.

Vantastico

Special talent. Obviously he is still raw and will have to make his share of mistakes, but I'm excited to watch him every time he plays.

Will definitely be getting some starting appearances with Auba suspended now, for what will most likely be around 3 games. Buzzing.

Trigger

Think that was a 5th yellow card for Laca there to go with the red card for Auba. Will be excited to see Martinelli start at CF in the league next time out.

Probably with Nelson and Pepe either side. Keen to see Nelson on the left cutting inside too.

Generational talent. Might bring disgusting food like pizza back to life.

We need to find more talents and build a team.

Liverpool will be looking at him soon enough.

ScotsGooner89

Think that was a 5th yellow card for Laca there to go with the red card for Auba. Will be excited to see Martinelli start at CF in the league next time out.

Probably with Nelson and Pepe either side. Keen to see Nelson on the left cutting inside too.

Thought that too but it’s only a ban for 5th yellow by gameweek 19. After that it’s 10 yellows for a ban. Laca is not out.

Edit: still excited to see him play a full game but I think Arteta probably goes reiss laca Pepe.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree, but you cannot put the burden of winning such important games to a 18 year-old. He definitely should be looked at as a classic striker, he isn't a winger, he wants to get behind the defenders and score. The conviction he plays with is frightening, he looks like the most mentally strong player in the squad. Still I think he needs time to adapt smoothly, we are in a situation where the pressure is so high that the higher profile players should take responsibility first.
You’re right. I think back to the bullet headers he’s scored as a CF. I don’t recall much of that with our experienced CFs. I also wonder if he would get some more playing time if he was as heralded as say, Jesus when he came to City, whether he was raw or not. I just love the fact that when he’s on, defenders can’t handle him, and he creates some chances, even if it’s not for himself.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Now with auba out for 2 league games im expecting him to start but i think Artera will start Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom