• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
It is debatable, the ref in the studio also said he thought it was a yellow after reviewing it? You are allowed to mis-time a tackle as long as it’s a genuine attempt for the ball. If he was given a red for it I would say it’s soft but accept it, the fact the ref seen it and gave a yellow but VAR overturned it when it was clearly debatable is a complete joke.

Well that ref is not fit for the job if that’s the case.. These kinds of tackles have to be punished with red every time. Attempt for the ball is no excuse..

EOAVsTjWAAANCx-

Just pure luck that was not an ankle breaker, awful tackle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to get 4 points at least from Chelsea and Sheffield game. Against Sheffield will be tough game even if at home they are such hard working side but we really need to win

Pepes blue pill

Winning culture means nothing when you arent consistent mate. Its about converting that culture into actual wins.

Have a look at their upcoming fixtures, and their current home and away record. I can promise you that they will be dragged back just like the rest of us. Lampard also doesnt seem as innovative to pull away... I think we gonna reel them in nicely.

Sheffield, Brighton and Wolves are doing well... and it will be interesting to see what happens if the group I mentioned before start to pick up the pace.

We will be 11 points behind today if chelsea win as expected, we are not going to suddenly become super consistent enough to close that gap, this season is about the cups and getting things in place for next season now

Trigger

Top 4 was long gone anyway. Thrown away far too many points from winning positions already and sure there’ll be more to come. Only hope is Europa League or an unexpected good signing this month.

On the positive...Looking more solid positionally and giving away far less opportunities/shots at our goal now. Baby steps.

Was a red card all day long. It’s just the inconsistency which is infuriating. Forever getting kicked off the park and ending up the team with more cards.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fair red card but Pepe's been on the end of those tackles all season long with nothing given. Again the main issue with VAR is the frustrating lack of consistency, apart from the ridiculous interpretation of the offside rule of course.

Which game did Pepe get a challenge exactly like that?

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reality is that a lot of our players have coasted for years so they can’t keep up the pace for multiple games. Then there are players like Özil where that level of effort has never been consistent. The positive news are that you can see that the system is working. It will take a while to get the players to that level of fitness.

GoonerBoy19

FA should make VAR more consistent, currently it's like they can fix any match using VAR. There were like 3-4 tackles on Pepe which would have been red card in last few games.

Pepes blue pill

Well that ref is not fit for the job if that’s the case.. These kinds of tackles have to be punished with red every time. Attempt for the ball is no excuse..

EOAVsTjWAAANCx-

Still no idea why he even felt he needed to go in there, its poor decision making from our captain

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Fair red card but Pepe's been on the end of those tackles all season long with nothing given. Again the main issue with VAR is the frustrating lack of consistency, apart from the ridiculous interpretation of the offside rule of course.

Which game did Pepe get a challenge exactly like that?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Guendouzi is young and inexperienced, it was up to Xhaka to step up and start regulating like Torreira did. He didn't and just stuck to playing his passive game.

Again, we've been through this when Xhaka was out for two months. Torreira/Guendouzi doesn't work either and makes Torreira look bad also.

The problem isn't players in our midfield individually. The problem is that the Xhaka/Torreira pivot the only combination in our midfield is that works.

We desperatly need another experienced midfielder that can slot in for either (or overtake Xhaka) and for Guendouzi to get more coaching under Arteta.

If we sold Xhaka we would only be in deeper ****.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Top 4 didn't go today, it went with the blown leads and stupid dropped points at home earlier in the season. They really needed to have sacked Emery after Leciester and got Arteta in at that point, could easily have got more than 2 out of 9 points against Southampton/Norwich/Brighton.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

EOAVsTjWAAANCx-

If that same challenge was against one of our players, I’m sure everyone would want a 10 match for the offender.

The ref made the correct decision to send Auba off.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I felt the ref was being quite biased against us Ayew, committed at least four fouls and does not get booked and we end up with three players getting yellow and Auba, getting red,
It feels like some refs just have it in for us.
And I dont understand why. Its not like we complain more than other teams. Or coaches dont speak out against them. So what is it about us that fouls against us have to be over the top for it to even warrant a yellow.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
We will be 11 points behind today if chelsea win as expected, we are not going to suddenly become super consistent enough to close that gap, this season is about the cups and getting things in place for next season now

Agreed and despite the result I think we've taken another step forward today, bit more luck and we end up winning this game even after Auba's red card. Would have expected us to throw in the towel and collapse had we played this game a month ago.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

This season isnt about top four for me either, but I would be willing to wager that Chelsea arent clear in the top four yet, with 16 games to play.

Lots still to happen this season. Chelsea, Sp**s, United and I'd add Wolves, Palace, Sheffield as well, arent good enough to pull away from us.

Bookmark this message and come back to it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom