• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Wtf? :lol:

I rate Xhaka but he’s definitely not quick and commits more fouls than anyone in our team.
I’m sorry that was my poor use of English. I meant he is similar to Xhaka in that regard. A fairly slow footballer who has to foul to win the ball.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don’t get it, he was good today. Why is he getting stick

Because he is perceived as the man who hastened the departure of the beloved Giroud. A player who couldn’t finish even when clean through one on one in a hotel bedroom.

People still p1ssed after all this time.

They will get over it in a few years I guess. Jah bless.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Will obviously be scapegoated by the usual suspects today, and there’s no doubt he’s in the worst scoring form of his career, but it’s worth remembering he was our man of the match just 5 days ago, and got a great assist this time around. Wasn’t the idiot who got himself a straight red either.

There’s a reason why a manager like Arteta has made him the fulcrum of our attack. It’s the same reason why he won player of the season last year: he’s a great (albeit, not world-class) footballer.

The people who can’t appreciate that are invariably the same people who thought Giroud was a top CF (i.e. utterly clueless), so it’s hard to take any of their criticisms too seriously.

While I get your points, he cost us 50m so I doubt we signed him for a few assists here and there. It’s not just this run of form either... His goal scoring record for us is absolutely terrible no matter which way you look at it. Our results away from home have been a disaster and one of the reasons is because his record is so bad. He’s got good feet sometimes and I can sort of see what he adds but there’s a real lack of the X factor to him..
we need to upgrade ASAP.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Think he will benefit from playing with two more natural wide players, excited to see him flanked by Pepe and Gabby for abit...worked hard as per, and a lovely assist today, hoping he gets a goal soon though.

Is he suspended for the next match?

The people who can’t appreciate that are invariably the same people who thought Giroud was a top CF (i.e. utterly clueless), so it’s hard to take any of their criticisms too seriously.

Nah I never liked Giroud. Always backed you on the matter. Only started to like Giroud after we got Laca and it has felt like a downgrade ever since then!

With that said big 3 games coming up for Laca! Its now time to win me over!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good assist, but it's an outlier in his performances to be honest. He works hard, fouls aloft, interestingly can't draw any fouls back to goal when he is the smaller man. Loses too many duels and aerial battles for me and lacking confidence in front of goal. He just looks heavy legged, slow and moany.

At one point he was holding his hamstring. I just want to see Martinelli up top to be honest.

say yes

forum master baiter
While I get your points, he cost us 50m so I doubt we signed him for a few assists here and there. It’s not just this run of form either... His goal scoring record for us is absolutely terrible no matter which way you look at it. Our results away from home have been a disaster and one of the reasons is because his record is so bad. He’s got good feet sometimes and I can sort of see what he adds but there’s a real lack of the X factor to him..
we need to upgrade ASAP.
Fair enough if you think we need to upgrade. I wouldn’t be against trading him out myself if we could get someone like Jovic in. However, unless an opportunity like that arises, I think there are far weaker areas of our squad we should be focusing on.

Two aspects of your post I don’t agree on however. First, I don’t think it’s fair to blame our away form in the league on Laca. The team as a whole has been terrible on the road for a while now, and I’m pretty sure the results have actually been worse when he’s been unavailable.

Second, it’s not accurate to say his productivity has been terrible even before this run. Despite having to share his minutes at CF with Aubameyang, his numbers last year (when he won player of the season) were great. He’s one of only eight players to have hit over 30 goals and assists in a season since we moved to the Emirates, and when you consider minutes played, it was comparable to almost any other great season an attacking player has had at this club in that time. I posted about it in more detail here: https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/alexandre-lacazette-out.31032/page-27#post-4840401

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Good assist, but it's an outlier in his performances to be honest. He works hard, fouls aloft, interestingly can't draw any fouls back to goal when he is the smaller man. Loses too many duels and aerial battles for me and lacking confidence in front of goal. He just looks heavy legged, slow and moany.

At one point he was holding his hamstring. I just want to see Martinelli up top to be honest.

Martinelli should come in at least to test the waters and Lacazette should start some europa league matches to get some goals under his belt. He severly lacks confidence.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Fair enough if you think we need to upgrade. I wouldn’t be against trading him out myself if we could get someone like Jovic in. However, unless an opportunity like that arises, I think there are far weaker areas of our squad we should be focusing on.

Two aspects of your post I don’t agree on however. First, I don’t think it’s fair to blame our away form in the league on Laca. The team as a whole has been terrible on the road for a while now, and I’m pretty sure the results have actually been worse when he’s been unavailable.

Second, it’s not accurate to say his productivity has been terrible even before this run. Despite having to share his minutes at CF with Aubameyang, his numbers last year (when he won player of the season) were great. He’s one of only eight players to have hit over 30 goals and assists in a season since we moved to the Emirates, and when you consider minutes played, it was comparable to almost any other great season an attacking player has had at this club in that time. I posted about it in more detail here: https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/alexandre-lacazette-out.31032/page-27#post-4840401

Well I didn’t blame him entirely, I said ‘one of the reasons’ and I think that’s accurate. When your CF has about 3 away goals in nearly 3 full seasons I’d be very surprised if your away form was any good.
His numbers were ok last season but like I said he’s just missing that extra something for me. Always leaves me wanting more

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We struggled to get the ball in to him, however in saying that, he's so technically suspect that he struggles with general link up play. also his movement is none exisitant. I genuinely beleive we've been conned by Lyon in to spending so much money on this guy. He's slightly above medicore at best.

I expect Martinelli to completely out shine him, even by playing on the left. He's going to get exposed since Auba isn't going to be in the team to score.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Technically he’s sound
He’s also a deadly finisher who’s woefully off form when it comes to his shooting (still playing well)

Admittedly he’s not the most athletic. The critism he gets on here however is astonishing sometimes.

No, Martellini (as exciting as he is) is not better than Lacazette.

ps f*ck Giroud.

Oh-Zeal

There's a breed of strikers you have to appreciate in the modern game. The type of strikers who press from the front, create space and come close to a complete forward. These are your Suarez/ Benzema type of forwards. The class obviously is different but Lacazette is in that mould.
Lacazette had to sacrifice his game from being an in box poacher to a player who links up play deep. He developed this during the worst spell Arsenal had with contracts. He never really got service as a striker. Sanchez and Özil create but Lacazette had to create his sort of goals.
I will never discount him from the mere fact that his just not scoring. His not firmino.. He will never be firmino.. But the effect is similar and what Firmino might have over lacazette.. He doesn't have the classy finish from difficult angles that Lacazette can execute

ScotsGooner89

If he was in any sort of form I think he dink’s that rebound over the keeper into an area he can’t save it. I’m all for persevering with laca up top as he has aspects of his game that Auba simply doesn’t. Auba is getting enough chances to cut in in Arteta’s system anyway, probably as many chances as he would if he played up top. In saying all that though Laca really needs to find some scoring form these next few games or we’re relying on an 18 year old and a stop/start new player to get us out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom