• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Saturday 11th January | KO: 12:30pm | BT Sport

Result?

• Crystal Palace Win

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Arsenal Win

Votes: 59 76.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Happened in two game in succession recently. Pepe and our player can be kicked around the park. Especially Pepe has been the target of some very bad tackles that could easily have injured him severely and nothing from the refs. Just love how unfair and biased the refs are towards us.

McLean on Guendouzi when we were at Carrow Road is another one, probably should have been sent off but then Norwich always get away with everything when they play us.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Watching replays and looking at stats, I actually think, despite the goal, Aubameyang was our worst player till' he came off.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Happened in two game in succession recently. Pepe and our player can be kicked around the park. Especially Pepe has been the target of some very bad tackles that could easily have injured him severely and nothing from the refs. Just love how unfair and biased the refs are towards us.

Theres a difference in receive lots of fouls and receiving a tackle like Aubas. Hazard was kicked around for years. In the end players get yellows because it's never the same player kicking him 5-6 times in a game. Its tactical.

People are trying to excuse Aubas tackle because they believe people rough Pepe up. Theres a huge difference in roughly up and potentially breaking someones leg.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Talk to me guys. Just left my class, what happened?
Outplayed them for 30 minutes scored beautiful goal but failed to add more after that we just stopped playing our game. Crystal palace got lucky goal by deflection then auba got sent off correctly we did very well after that to hold on for 25 minutes pepe unlucky to not score the winner. AMN was motm he kept Zaha quiet

Sanis

This was the worst game under Arteta, decent first 20 minutes, but overall poor performance against weak side

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Theres a difference in receive lots of fouls and receiving a tackle like Aubas. Hazard was kicked around for years. In the end players get yellows because it's never the same player kicking him 5-6 times in a game. Its tactical.

People are trying to excuse Aubas tackle because they believe people rough Pepe up. Theres a huge difference in roughly up and potentially breaking someones leg.
I have no issue with Auba being sent off although he was going for the ball as I remember and that has been good enough to save many opposing player attacking our players.

What I have an issue with is the following:

1. We have been on the receiving end of several red-worthy tackles over just the recent games and we have received nothing, not even a yellow in some cases.

2. Our players are kicked left and right all game long and we receive at best free kicks but look at Ayew today. Nothing despite at least 3 kicks through the legs from behind with ball away in the first half.

3. Today’s ref allowed the game to become niggly and CP to get away with fouling our players until they got into the game.

4. Defending today’s ref I feel is not okay. He was absolute **** in my view and the reason that the game got out of hand in the end.

Symbia

Auba's tackle was horrocious, what exactly was on his mind for the tackle?
Such tackle is exactly what Stoke craps are made of.

The team played very well for the first 20 minutes, lost fight and resorted to Stock-like tackles. The goal might be unlucky but we clearly do not deserve the to win.

Our full backs played well today though.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I have no issue with Auba being sent off although he was going for the ball as I remember and that has been good enough to save many opposing player attacking our players.

What I have an issue with is the following:

1. We have been on the receiving end of several red-worthy tackles over just the recent games and we have received nothing, not even a yellow in some cases.

2. Our players are kicked left and right all game long and we receive at best free kicks but look at Ayew today. Nothing despite at least 3 kicks through the legs from behind with ball away in the first half.

3. Today’s ref allowed the game to become niggly and CP to get away with fouling our players until they got into the game.

4. Defending today’s ref I feel is not okay. He was absolute **** in my view and the reason that the game got out of hand in the end.

Firstly I am saying Aubas was a red card.

Secondly the same niggly fouls you are talking about Ayew getting away with Laca a lot of times gets away with them.

Thirdly Xhaka in the last match should have been booked but wasnt. The ref was anti Arsenal?

Fourthly I have asked whoever wants to to post a link or a tackle that Pepe has recieved that was similar or on par with what Auba did today. I'm not talking about hard tackles. I'm talking about reckless challenges. Theres a clear difference.

Dont go down the route trying to say the referees have an agenda against us. For years we have been up against physical teams because they know it puts us off our game.

We started the match brilliantly got the goal and stopped controlling the match. We didnt lose the match because of the ref. Get that into your head.

Manberg

Predator
Firstly I am saying Aubas was a red card.

Secondly the same niggly fouls you are talking about Ayew getting away with Laca a lot of times gets away with them.

Thirdly Xhaka in the last match should have been booked but wasnt. The ref was anti Arsenal?

Fourthly I have asked whoever wants to to post a link or a tackle that Pepe has recieved that was similar or on par with what Auba did today. I'm not talking about hard tackles. I'm talking about reckless challenges. Theres a clear difference.

Dont go down the route trying to say the referees have an agenda against us. For years we have been up against physical teams because they know it puts us off our game.

We started the match brilliantly got the goal and stopped controlling the match. We didnt lose the match because of the ref. Get that into your head.

Xhaka should've had a yellow card in the Leeds game. Ayew should have had two yellow cards today he got away with even more than Xhaka did. The two footed tackle on Özil wasn't even blown for a foul. Palace player got the ball but in my opinion it was reckless. Somehow despite persistant fouling Palace didn't get a yellow until the 72nd minute whereas Pepe and AMN got yellows on their first fouls. Every contact we made was a foul but Palace got away with being more physical and the referee wouldn't even blow the whistle.
If you're saying the refereeing was fair for both teams today, I'd heavily disagree with you.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auba's tackle was horrocious, what exactly was on his mind for the tackle?
Such tackle is exactly what Stoke craps are made of.

The team played very well for the first 20 minutes, lost fight and resorted to Stock-like tackles. The goal might be unlucky but we clearly do not deserve the to win.

Our full backs played well today though.
I think it's frustration or just miss time his tackle

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

This is probably the one they are referring too. Auba's obviously much worse, but that's still a reckless challenge on Pepe.

Reyes no.11

Ratings:

Leno: 6
Kolasinac: 8 (MOM)
Luiz: 6
Sokratis: 6
Maitland-Niles: 6
Xhaka: 5
Torreria: 7.5
Aubameyang: 7.5
Özil: 5
Pepe: 5.5
Lacazette: 5.5

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

This is probably the one they are referring too. Auba's obviously much worse, but that's still a reckless challenge on Pepe.

Not a red card for me. He clearly gets the ball. It is a hard tackle but nowhere near as bad as Aubas today.

It's sad that fans are using the referee to make excuses for our failings. It borders pathetic and embarrassing.

remains

Not a red card for me. He clearly gets the ball. It is a hard tackle but nowhere near as bad as Aubas today.

It's sad that fans are using the referee to make excuses for our failings. It borders pathetic and embarrassing.
People conveniently forget the times we get away with stuff when they make these kind of arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom