• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Giroud and Laca have good hold up play. That’s on the ball play. Ramsey was/ is great on the ball, possesses great passing, dribbling and shooting not sure what you’re on about there. If Auba wasn’t good on the ball he wouldn’t be the striker he is.
Did you see the example I gave on who is actually good on the ball? They should be the standard.
Other players are clowns who can f**k off from my club. With Arteta, who is similar to Guardiola, I’m sure we will get the type of players I wanted.

Manberg

Predator
Did you see the example I gave on who is actually good on the ball? They should be the standard.
Other players are clowns who can f**k off from our club.

Cazorla was exceptional I’d agree with you there. The others more or less on par. None of them “**** on the ball” like you said, except maybe Walcott.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Cazorla was exceptional I’d agree with you there. The others more or less on par. None of them “**** on the ball” like you said, except maybe Walcott.
Giroud, Auba and Laca can dribble past 2-3 defenders at a time, multiple times in a match like Sanchez and Van Persie did?
Ramsey was as skillful than Nasri?? Chamberlain was as dangerous as Hleb on dribbling skills?? Really?

Manberg

Predator
Giroud, Auba and Laca can dribble past 2-3 defenders at a time, multiple times in a match like Sanchez and Van Persie did?
Ramsey was as skillful than Nasri?? Chamberlain was as dangerous as Hleb on dribbling skills?? Really?

I said Giroud and Laca have good hold up play, a different kind of on the ball strength that the players you mentioned don’t have. Auba can dribble and can shoot very well, two different on the ball strengths. Ramsey I thought has it all, he’s even better than Nasri on the ball. Ramsey’s an elite all rounded player, the kind we’re lacking right now.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:
We had too many walcott, chamberlain, giroud, auba, laca, ramsey.......who are sh** on the ball.

We need to bring back the likes of Hleb, Nasri, Van Persie, Sanchez, Arshavin, Cazorla......who are amazing both on and off the ball.

Look at City, Bayern, Barcelona......
Hleb always got too much praise here. He was a p*ssy.

Arshavin although quality turned out to be a bum.

Nasri wasn’t here long. There was just far too many of the above and you say you want more :lol:

Ramsey was underrated and now that Xhaka is our best midfielder by default now just shows the state of our midfield atm.

auba, Laca are far from sh*t on the ball, this is a myth AM likes to perpetuate about non-white players for some reason. Whoever says this simply doesn’t watch them. Those two are our best players after Özil in terms of genuine quality.

Cesc, Rosicky, Cazorla needed grit and real athleticism alongside them, we never added to them though.

So yes, Wenger in his second decade defo put less emphasis on physically gifted players to our detriment.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Don't have a clue what this guy did today. Luiz was making all the long range passes and torreria was recieving the ball. All I saw was Xhaka playing the ball backwards because once he was put under pressure he didn't have the ability to create half a yard to pass. Same old limitations being exposed.

Maybe we should sell Xhaka to Berlin, I mean it's fine being able to make great passes when being given time to turn and pass but if the opposition prevents him from doing that he's basically redundant.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hope he goes in the summer

We can do better, he's been ok under Arteta but he needs everything to be perfect or he's mediocre to rubbish

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I thought he was decent the entire game today. Played some classy through and long balls (especially to Kolasinac), defended well, helped play along, did some good fouling (prevented a break 2-3 times), was positionally on point and in the last few minutes there was even one where he went forward to attack when Laca was nowhere.

Got a 91% pass success rating as well. Really didn't give the ball away. The only critisism I have was a few times he could have played more aggressivly forward, but to be fair passing lanes were closed in (most) of those. There was only one time I thought he missed an opportunity.

The most Xhaka moments in this game came from Lacazette and Aubameyang.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He can't receive the ball anywhere near the opposition without knocking it miles ahead of him in the direction he's facing, and chasing it.

As much as the improved organisation and structure is helping him, it's also highlighting his flaws and making it clear how we can improve on him.

Can't believe Arteta is a fan tbh. My only hope is he was blowing smoke up his arse so he didn't leave in January.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to take more risks with ball he good passer too many situations today he was in opposition area and then he either sidway or back passing it

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Probably his biggest problem is his body position when he recieves the ball. He struglles badly to recieve the ball on the half burn and often ends up playing the ball straight back to the player who passed it to him and by doing so he puts us under pressure.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Probably his biggest problem is his body position when he recieves the ball. He struglles badly to recieve the ball on the half burn and often ends up playing the ball straight back to the player who passed it to him and by doing so he puts us under pressure.

I actually think that has been his biggest improvement since Arteta's here. I think I've only seen that a handful of times since. Today was like one moment where he did put his teammate under real pressure.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I actually think that has been his biggest improvement since Arteta's here. I think I've only seen that a handful of times since. Today was like one moment where he did put his teammate under real pressure.
I agree that there seem to be a slight improvement and I`m sure that is something Arteta will work on. Still a major weakness in his game though,

Bloodbather

Established Member

I definitely feel like the second half of Wenger’s reign had too many hlebs and them kinda man, I agree.

The problem was that they weren't supported by physicality and athleticism in the positions where it becomes a more decisive factor. Our inability to find a proper, consistent holding midfielder to hold the line and to find a physical defensive partnership cost us throughout the post-Henry period of the Wenger era.

Essentially, the likes of Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Hleb, Arshavin, Cazorla needed a Gilberto Silva behind them, and a Sol Campbell-Kolo Touré holding the fort all the way back, and they didn't have it. The likes of Alex Song and Abou Diaby were either utterly inconsistent or perennially injured, and Laurent Koscielny was the only CB that delivered some of what was necessary in a consistent manner. Our inability to replace the physical fighters of the Invincibles era lost us the combination of skill/finesse and physicality/athleticism that defined the first part of the Wenger era. We still had the skill/finesse, but not the the latter.

During the latter part of the Wenger era and the Emery era, we had neither and it showed in the results - we fell off a cliff from where we used to be. We still don't have either the skill/finesse or the physicality/athleticism to the extent we should to compete in the PL.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He can't receive the ball anywhere near the opposition without knocking it miles ahead of him in the direction he's facing, and chasing it.

As much as the improved organisation and structure is helping him, it's also highlighting his flaws and making it clear how we can improve on him.

Can't believe Arteta is a fan tbh. My only hope is he was blowing smoke up his arse so he didn't leave in January.
We'd have to recruit in the Summer, when he'll probably still leave anyway. We have players who can do what he does - but they're all completely inexperienced and not in contention for any kind of competitive football with us (yet). We would need to bring somebody in from outside IMO. I don't think Xhaka will stay beyond the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom