• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower2540

`
Yeah it's a bit of trying to influence the referee , the last 3 EPL games has been extraordinary how the opposition get away with stuff we can't .
Don’t usually like talking about luck but it was terrible yesterday. Losing Torreira, deflected goal, Ayew made about 7 fouls and didn’t get booked. It’s a personal thing with the falling over, not saying other teams don’t do it, it just cuts me deep when I see us doing it. In these type of games though (before going down to 10) we want the tempo high so I’d rather they just get up and get that ball moving again to increase the pressure. Obviously the referee can play his part by actually booking players :mad:

Moah

I remember when we bought Alexis and he actually looked like the player we paid a high price for, people didn't need to make 100 excuses for him. Half way through the season and he hasn't really shown many promising signs.
Sanchez came from Barcelona. Find someone else to compare him with.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez was more proven than Pepe, despite the ages being similar...Nico is a late bloomer on the football scene, sometimes it happens, no one really knew anything about Drogba until he was around 24/25...Alexis had already starred at Udinese and Barcelona before we bought him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sanchez was an established player by the time he showed up here tbh. He was once on my wishlist along with Özil and Miki (Dortmund days lol).

Never heard of Nico until this summer.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I was told on here that he was a goalkeeper until he was 19. That's only 5 years of outfield football- crazy if true. Imagine what another 2 or 3 years of development could do
Yeah, it was when he was 13, No need to spread myths man :lol::lol:

LG10

Arteta has to do what he did with sterling, teach Pepe how to make runs. He always comes to the ball and becomes spaced out. Doesn’t help that he and Özil want to occupy the same spaces. Pepe is very raw for a 24 year old because he was never in a formal academy. Came up from the lower leagues in France through pure talent and hard work. Next season he’ll explode if coached properly.

Moah

Apart from having the same nationality and coming from the same club, there is absolutely no similarity between Gervinho and him. Comparing two players with totally different traits is obnoxious.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arteta has to do what he did with sterling, teach Pepe how to make runs. He always comes to the ball and becomes spaced out. Doesn’t help that he and Özil want to occupy the same spaces. Pepe is very raw for a 24 year old because he was never in a formal academy. Came up from the lower leagues in France through pure talent and hard work. Next season he’ll explode if coached properly.
Its weird though because at Lille he'd make those runs in behind the defence in that inside right channel but he hasnt been doing it here, he always comes to feet.

We dont play on the break vs the small teams but there are still gonna be opportunities to do that. Anyway I feel like in the last few weeks his positioning and involvement in the game has improved (when we are actually getting the ball into the final third)

LG10

Its weird though because at Lille he'd make those runs in behind the defence in that inside right channel but he hasnt been doing it here, he always comes to feet.

We dont play on the break vs the small teams but there are still gonna be opportunities to do that. Anyway I feel like in the last few weeks his positioning and involvement in the game has improved (when we are actually getting the ball into the final third)
He did make those runs so I'm surprised he hasn't been doing it much here. Maybe he was specifically instructed to do so at Lille. Since we have Auba to make those runs maybe he's been asked to play the role of creator with Özil.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Apart from having the same nationality and coming from the same club, there is absolutely no similarity between Gervinho and him. Comparing two players with totally different traits is obnoxious.

There is the dodgy decisions making and the dribling into dead space and one way streets, as well as the drop in output after the transfer to England.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Gervinho was more of a direct runner with the ball using pace whereas Pepe looks a more technical runner.

But really Gervinho was a very good player. You just cant put up the numbers he did in both Ligue 1 & Serie A being ****. Even at 32 playing with a rank average team has 4 goals & 3 assists in little over 1000 Serie A minutes this season.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I'd like to see him tried down the left tbh. It would't have to be all about getting to the byline and crossing, but it would make his mind up if he was in doubt, and he has the pace and trickery to make that work. If he comes inside, again, he has the feet to shift it back on his left and get shots off with his great left foot. He could gain confidence from there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd like to see him tried down the left tbh. It would't have to be all about getting to the byline and crossing, but it would make his mind up if he was in doubt, and he has the pace and trickery to make that work. If he comes inside, again, he has the feet to shift it back on his left and get shots off with his great left foot. He could gain confidence from there.
I was thinking about this, especially during the tail end of Emery’s reign. He was getting double marked so I was wondering why he was on his opposing side to his strong foot. If you aren’t being allowed to cut in then what is the point on being on your weaker side.

Under Arteta and Ljunberg he has been able to cut in and shoot on occasion at least. His ball striking ability is very good.

But yeh being on your stronger side will always help with getting the basics done like taking on a man and putting in a cross

Last edited:

Moah

There is the dodgy decisions making and the dribling into dead space and one way streets, as well as the drop in output after the transfer to England.
All that conclusions with him barely starting half the games, in a new league.

CJJ

Established Member
I'll reserve my final judgement for Pepe for next season. However that doesn't mean we shouldn't point out the obvious issues he's having that has to be addressed asap.

remains

Disappointing so far. Just have to hope he can adapt to the league as at the moment he looks a bit lost out there.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Gervinho was more of a direct runner with the ball using pace whereas Pepe looks a more technical runner.

But really Gervinho was a very good player. You just cant put up the numbers he did in both Ligue 1 & Serie A being ****. Even at 32 playing with a rank average team has 4 goals & 3 assists in little over 1000 Serie A minutes this season.
Agree, he was a victim of Arsenals boo boys. People say that the toxic culture is a result of AFCTV or something, but it always existed. He might have had a few high profile misses, but even then his numbers were good. He consistently used to create opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom