• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That not happening city are short in cb. Stones is good defender don't know why people saying he isn't he was error prone before but not now he improved massively him and Laporte build amazing partnership

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That not happening city are short in cb. Stones is good defender don't know why people saying he isn't he was error prone before but not now he improved massively him and Laporte build amazing partnership
Probably because he's English tbh.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Stones is similar to Luiz, very good technically but defensively always has an error in him. I wouldn't be against a loan deal to cover us for the remainder of season untill the superior Chambers comes back and we get Saliba.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wasn't it Stones mistake, that got England knocked out of the World Cup...think he was the defender who switched off for Croatia's winner.

LG10

Why on earth would city loan us one of their cbs? They only have 3 senior ones as is and ones coming back from injury.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Any chance the high rate of ACL injuries right now relates to players being overplayed?

Coincidence I think, I'm sure many years ago something similar happened with ACL injuries and media tried to make an issue with 'blades' on boots, something about them having too much grip and players feet getting stuck in the turf.

Also happened with Metatarsal injuries where there was media about the fly knit boots offering no protection etc

Not sure what my point is now.. :lol:

pikey2000

Ref Stones, its either press putting 2 and 2 together with the Arteta link to City and Stones not getting much playing time despite City's defensive injuries

or they legit want him to get game time somewhere else at no risk to them as they aren't playing him despite their defensive issues

or lastly they have someone incoming, which is not beyond the realms of possibility with them

i'd take him for a 6 month loan, he's at least on par with Luiz and Sokratis, Chambers is injured, hopefully Mustafi is going, Holding is not ready physically and remains relatively unproven imo.

Malky

Established Member
Why would we want Stones? We've already got Mustafi filling the role of error prone CB at the club.
Stones, another massively overrated player because he's English.

Goonger

I'm not surprised to see Arsenal linked to Stones, with Arteta here it's an easy link to make.

It's a tough 1 to call actually. He has some really good attributes, is the perfect age in that he has decent experience but is still young enough to come in to form a long term partnership with Saliba, he is English, knows the league etc.

However, he does get injured a lot, & of course he is prone to making a good few errors. It would be a gamble to take a chance, 1 that really is 50/50 in how it could go.

I can't see anything happening in January, so i can see City using the rest of the season to assess him alongside Laporte when he comes back from injury to see if that's the partnership worth keeping going forward. Either way they'll buy at least 1 top defender next summer, so he might still find himself in the same position next season of being in & out the team.

Looking at that, from his point of view, he really should move on & try & establish himself somewhere week in week out, & gain the timing & confidence that comes along with it, so a move to Arsenal should be ideal for him. Whether it would be for us would be another matter.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Stones I a bit of a liability, not been a fan of his since his time at Everton.

Makes so many mistakes, just because he can play out from the back doesn’t negate those.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Not sure about John Stones, so i asked my mate Tom Pope about him. He said he is useless, he would easily score 40 a season against him

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Only loans again? :facepalm:

It makes you wonder why we blow our load in the summer & dont hold anything back for Jan just incase we need it.

Just a back up RB last winter window or a squad DM/LB this window could be huge. Its just plain luck if we happen to land a good loan, zero planning.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Only loans again? :facepalm:

It makes you wonder why we blow our load in the summer & dont hold anything back for Jan just incase we need it.

Our net spend was only 70M in the summer, what did you want to save for Jan?

More than anything January is just a very restricted market, nobody is selling and if they are it’s for an inflated price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom