• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I have said it before Laca needed to step up more this season. Needed to be scoring more. Unfortunately after a great start the goals have dried up. In light of that he is getting criticised, which is justified for probably the first time in his Arsenal career.

This wouldn't be the Laca thread though if people didn't go over the top with the criticism. Our real problem at the moment is that almost no other attacking player is chipping in with goals.

Auba 14
Laca 5
Pepe 3
Martinelli 1
Özil 0
Nelson 0
Saka 0
Ceballos 0
Willock 0

I know not all these players have played in all games but considering that the season is well over the half way mark, to get 3 goals from open play from all our other forwards and attacking midfielders put together is frankly a major problem. It is probably the main reason why we are getting more frustrated with Laca than we should. His goal drought shouldn't have had a big impact on the team. He is still contributing his fair share in his general play. But because no one else besides Auba is scoring goals, Laca as a senior striker gets blamed for all our other shortcomings as a team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Moussa Dembele I’ll take.
Love his profile, but Arsenal tend not to sign players we actually want.:lol:

Pepe is the closest in years to signing a player we actually needed and even then he's more of an inside forward than the out and out winger we required.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I have said it before Laca needed to step up more this season. Needed to be scoring more. Unfortunately after a great start the goals have dried up. In light of that he is getting criticised, which is justified for probably the first time in his Arsenal career.

This wouldn't be the Laca thread though if people didn't go over the top with the criticism. Our real problem at the moment is that almost no other attacking player is chipping in with goals.

Auba 14
Laca 5
Pepe 3
Martinelli 1
Özil 0
Nelson 0
Saka 0
Ceballos 0
Willock 0

I know not all these players have played in all games but considering that the season is well over the half way mark, to get 3 goals from open play from all our other forwards and attacking midfielders put together is frankly a major problem. It is probably the main reason why we are getting more frustrated with Laca than we should. His goal drought shouldn't have had a big impact on the team. He is still contributing his fair share in his general play. But because no one else besides Auba is scoring goals, Laca as a senior striker gets blamed for all our other shortcomings as a team.

That's horrendous. We survived a leaky defence for many years by having an attack that bailed us out but it was only a matter of time before the chickens came home to roost

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why you getting mad about being in a minority--any minority? I didn't say it was bad... :lol:
The minority seems to be right on most issues it strikes me. The majority thought Brexit was a good idea, most people in the world think there's a being in the sky controlling us. Hell, enough people thought Trump was worthy of being POTUS.

There was a top programme on BBC in about 2016 I had on record called 'the psychology of why people are so gullible'. Loved it. :lol:

I don't know if Lacazette will come good and start hitting the target, but the only thing you can say for certain, is that he seems to be trying hard.

GDeep™

League is very weak

:rofl:

Everyone is a Firminio now when they don’t score.

Hold the ball? Knit the play? Go wide? What strikers have always done? Shearer done this, as did Fowler, as did Adebayor. Is there a striker who doesn’t do this? Harry Kane does it. Yet these guys got 30 goals a season.

Normal striker duties are being wrapped up and packaged as something mystical, cutting edge and modern :rofl:

Camus

Trusted ⭐

:rofl:

Everyone is a Firminio now when they don’t score.

Hold the ball? Knit the play? Go wide? What strikers have always done? Shearer done this, as did Fowler, as did Adebayor. Is there a striker who doesn’t do this? Harry Kane does it. Yet these guys got 30 goals a season.

Normal striker duties are being wrapped up and packaged as something mystical, cutting edge and modern :rofl:
I agree that it's over played but the in regards to the comparison it's related to a front 3.

Sp**s probably play in the closest system for comparisons sake and even then Kane's output has dropped since he started picking more of this "Firmino" in recent seasons. Went from 25 (0.66 GPP) , 29 (0.97 GPP), 30 (0.81 GPP) to 17 (o.60 GPP) and 11 (0.55 GPP) goals this pasts 2 seasons that he's adopted that position more. Don't think it's a coincidence that his numbers of dipped.

Also I wouldn't call Ade a 30 goal a season striker. He's only hit that once in the 20 seasons he's been playing football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom